Z4 - PML or TTS ? and Alpina Z4

jaskin

Legendary 10 Years
I believe they are talking about BVO, Juzz4Cars etc. You can check them out on the workshops link above. Who's importing the Alpina? Thats a sweet car.

Re: Z4 - PML or TTS ? and Alpina Z4

ulysses said:
Hi

I am in a dilemma and was hoping to get some advice in this lively forum

Been thinking of getting the Z4 3.0 .... PML is quoting me 225K while TTS (parallel import) last quote me at 200k

Both offer 3 yrs warranty, in fact TTS seem to offer better options.

25k is quite a bit of savings, but I am somewhat worried about the maintenance and the software component of it - the on board computer etc.

TTS claims that there are a number of independent workshops that are able to serivce the Z4 as well as PML - is this true? and where are they located?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance !! :)

Ric

PS. Would anyone happen to know if any workshop would be able to service the Aplina Z4?

Dude, I think the OMV also differs rite?
Is TTS's OMV higher?

if so go for TTS. 25K and do lots of stuff.

Just my 2 cents

OttO

anyone can bring in alpina. but it's not homologated in singapore yet. and you'll have to be the pioneer and send in all documentations to see if the car you have already paid money for can be used on our roads or not.

ulysses said:
Hi

I am in a dilemma and was hoping to get some advice in this lively forum

Been thinking of getting the Z4 3.0 .... PML is quoting me 225K while TTS (parallel import) last quote me at 200k

Both offer 3 yrs warranty, in fact TTS seem to offer better options.

25k is quite a bit of savings, but I am somewhat worried about the maintenance and the software component of it - the on board computer etc.

TTS claims that there are a number of independent workshops that are able to serivce the Z4 as well as PML - is this true? and where are they located?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance !! :)

Ric

PS. Would anyone happen to know if any workshop would be able to service the Aplina Z4?

dude, the alpina is one nice car... if u can get it... by all means do so... as for PML... well if u intend to mod your car... warranty is no issue... cause places like BVO, are in my opinion very good if not better... :)

hi,

i was in your shoes not too long ago. i went for PML because TTS didn't have my choice of colours and the saleslady didn't seem too knowledgeable abt the Z4.

i asked, the OMV for their urban green 2.5 was actually lower than PML's (46k vs 56k) :thinking: funny, given that it has more options...

do note that the cars at TTS are from YOM 2003, i.e. first year production cars which appear to have more kinks in the system than do the later models. which also means they've been sitting in an overseas dealer's lot for over a year... u can check www.z4um.com for all the problems other owners have experienced with early model productions.

that said, if i were in the market for the 3.0, TTS would have been an attractive option .

louis

p.s. the 3.0 on their lot appears to be fitted with 17" rims, which is odd since 18" rims are standard with the sports package. u may want to clarify with them.

i may have the contact for an Alpina Hartge Hamann importer. But pricing is ridiculous. be prepared to pay Boxster/M3 price for a Z4. Their E46 price is dearer than a 911.

Racebred said:
i may have the contact for an Alpina Hartge Hamann importer. But pricing is ridiculous. be prepared to pay Boxster/M3 price for a Z4. Their E46 price is dearer than a 911.

Ouch ouch...
Then might as well just buy a used M3 huh...

i think the alpina will be even more expensive than an M3 or boxster s u know... 300hp won't come cheap.

but why do u need so much power? if u really want a ride that flies, get a regular Z4, and use the savings to buy an aeroplane lor, then paste big big alpina stickers on the wings... :thumbsup:

jaskin said:
I believe they are talking about BVO, Juzz4Cars etc. You can check them out on the workshops link above. Who's importing the Alpina? Thats a sweet car.

TTS would not disclose their 'workshop' who will service the car but they did mention J4C etc as alternatives.

Read much about the Alpina from various sources ..... very good reviews, seem to improve the handling significantly. Have gotten some quotes from Germany ... seem somewhat pricey though

Dude, I think the OMV also differs rite?
Is TTS's OMV higher?

if so go for TTS. 25K and do lots of stuff.

Just my 2 cents

OttO

The OMV is about 60 -61k, I believe it is about the same as PML's.

Racebred said:
anyone can bring in alpina. but it's not homologated in singapore yet. and you'll have to be the pioneer and send in all documentations to see if the car you have already paid money for can be used on our roads or not.

Oh .... I was not aware of this .... Presume that the Alpina Z4 would not have to go through more paper work and all since there are existing Z4s on the road. Looks like too much of a risk hmmmm .....

dude, the alpina is one nice car... if u can get it... by all means do so... as for PML... well if u intend to mod your car... warranty is no issue... cause places like BVO, are in my opinion very good if not better... :)

BVO has just gotten back to me: apparently they have the ability to service the car and have a good relationship with Alpina Germany.

But if I have to go through all the paper work to bring in the first piece without an assurance that it would be approved ..... may not be a viable option. Hopefully some PI or PML may set the precedent :)

louis said:
hi,

i was in your shoes not too long ago. i went for PML because TTS didn't have my choice of colours and the saleslady didn't seem too knowledgeable abt the Z4.

i asked, the OMV for their urban green 2.5 was actually lower than PML's (46k vs 56k) :thinking: funny, given that it has more options...

do note that the cars at TTS are from YOM 2003, i.e. first year production cars which appear to have more kinks in the system than do the later models. which also means they've been sitting in an overseas dealer's lot for over a year... u can check www.z4um.com for all the problems other owners have experienced with early model productions.

that said, if i were in the market for the 3.0, TTS would have been an attractive option .

louis

p.s. the 3.0 on their lot appears to be fitted with 17" rims, which is odd since 18" rims are standard with the sports package. u may want to clarify with them.

Thank you for the tip ... will certainly check out the website.

PML has stated in an email that they are not obliged to service the car (even with payment) although it is under international warranty - unless it is purchased via the assigned agent ...hmmm comments?

Racebred said:

reviews seem to claim that it outperfroms the Boxster in handling and all .....do you have a quotation from your contact?

Off the record, do the agents and PI really declare the actual OMV of their car? Looking at the avergae OMV and the ridiculous high EURO .........hmmm

TripleM said:
Racebred said:

Ouch ouch...
Then might as well just buy a used M3 huh...

sigh ... dont mention that again

I was offered quite a good deal on a used M3 just a month ago .... until I told a 'friend' about it.... the next moment, he offered a higher price and bought the M3.

Moral behind the story: never discuss a good deal with a friend ... esp if it involves a M3 :)

louis said:
i think the alpina will be even more expensive than an M3 or boxster s u know... 300hp won't come cheap.

but why do u need so much power? if u really want a ride that flies, get a regular Z4, and use the savings to buy an aeroplane lor, then paste big big alpina stickers on the wings... :thumbsup:

That would really depends on how the OMV is declared esp when no precedent is set......I am not suggesting anything here hor :)

Honestly, 300hp is not alot by today's standard .... and if power is the only issue, the Z4 would not be on the list .... even the SLK 350 is having much more. The Alpina has rave reviews from many and in various compartments ....... seem like a great roadster to own at this end of the financial spectrum

hey guys

really appreciate all the suggestions and advice .....keep it coming :)

Merry Christmas and enjoy the festive!!

Ric

what you can do is to PI in a 6-cylinder aftermarket tuner-fettled car, and declare it as a normal PI car.

If you dont go for those v8 swap models, then it should be undetectable to the untrained.

ulysses said:
PML has stated in an email that they are not obliged to service the car (even with payment) although it is under international warranty - unless it is purchased via the assigned agent ...hmmm comments?

i have an email from BMWAsia with regards to their stand on parallel imports. if u like, i could email it to u.

and Merry Christmas to u too

louis

louis said:
i have an email from BMWAsia with regards to their stand on parallel imports. if u like, i could email it to u.

and Merry Christmas to u too

louis

could you also share with me bmwasia's stand on PI and warranty?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back