Zaino

Re: Zaino

Kelvin,

Our meetup will be on May 25th this month (last Sunday of the month) at the carpark besides Kallang MacDonald's.

I need to order 3 bottles of Z5, 3 bottles of Z8, and 3 bottles of AIO. Please show/PM the pricing.

Hi Kenntona, Terry, vngooi and all who have expressed an interest in a 'live' demo during the month end meetup,

We have marked our calendar and diary book. Hope to see you all then...

We'll need someone to help coordinate a spot in Kallang Macs, volunteer car(s) (thanks first to Terry) and the day's agenda etc.

Thanks,

P.S. Kenntona, you have pm.

Mockngbrd;331222 said:
i volunteer my car full of swirly scratch marks too *raise hand*

It'll be an honour. :) Thanks for volunteering...

Calling all Zaino DIY gurus...four4s, pirate, thenew7 and all the rest...come and lend your support to the community!

what time on the 25h?

i will be grateful if tehres life demo be it on my car or not... i just wanna see live demo.. its more interesting than jessica alba throwing her top off at our meetup

I'd think brian and the lads at zaino wouldn't mind doing a demo on (part of) your car Terry. Have to say that it would be ideal if the car was washed just prior to the meetup as it would make their jobs easier. I would think that they would need the demo car as clean as possible.

personally, i would like to see a demo on how ZPC compares to menz 106FF or 85RD on a rotary/DA.

Terry;332193 said:
i will be grateful if tehres life demo be it on my car or not... i just wanna see live demo.. its more interesting than jessica alba throwing her top off at our meetup

hahaha LOL. what if Jessica Alba performs the 'live' demo!! That'll be the perfect combo...Foam wash by Jessica Alba...hmmm

Perhaps someone can give us more details about the timing of the meetup?

thenew7, please join us. Would really love to have Zaino DIY gurus around to help...

Terry, your car is on the list for the 'live' demo.

four4s;332250 said:
I'd think brian and the lads at zaino wouldn't mind doing a demo on (part of) your car Terry. Have to say that it would be ideal if the car was washed just prior to the meetup as it would make their jobs easier. I would think that they would need the demo car as clean as possible.

personally, i would like to see a demo on how ZPC compares to menz 106FF or 85RD on a rotary/DA.

Hey buddy,

How are you doing? Thanks for the heads-up. Demo cars should really be as clean as possible because we want to minimize the chance for scratches and uneven layering due to dirt and grime.

Interesting that u mentioned Z-PC...we've been hard at work with Z-PC testing the variety of effects with a UDM DA and Makita Rotary. We must say that Z-PC is quickly becoming our goto product for water marks, swirls and final finish...

Even before we put on Z-AIO, we find that the surface has the Zaino clear look already! The thing about Z-PC is patience. A couple more passes really does wonders...

zaino spore;331216 said:
Hi Kenntona, Terry, vngooi and all who have expressed an interest in a 'live' demo during the month end meetup,

We have marked our calendar and diary book. Hope to see you all then...

We'll need someone to help coordinate a spot in Kallang Macs, volunteer car(s) (thanks first to Terry) and the day's agenda etc.

Thanks,

P.S. Kenntona, you have pm.

Hi Kelvin,
Can also PM me the pricing for Z5/Z8/AIO?....btw, assume that these are the various Zaino applicants that Kentonna is talking about...and perhaps, some literature as to the use of each differnt product?...thks..(PS...methinks that it would be great "eye-opener" to see if zaino can significantly improve upon a car that is fairly brand-new - less than 2 months old...:yummie:).....

Kentonna....any idea what time is the meet-up?

vngooi said:
Kentonna....any idea what time is the meet-up?
4.30 pm........

wow.. very nice end result.. that's a swee looking e92 335i. Do you have details of the process b4 zaino, and also which zaino products did he use?

looking at the location, i think i know the car detailer/groomer who did the car, but I didn't know he used zaino products.

four4s;334280 said:
wow.. very nice end result.. that's a swee looking e92 335i. Do you have details of the process b4 zaino, and also which zaino products did he use?

looking at the location, i think i know the car detailer/groomer who did the car, but I didn't know he used zaino products.

Let's juz say we're 'collaborating' for now...not that the "detailer/ groomer" you suspect lacks good LSPs, but he doesn't mind using Zaino.

We started with the usual surface prep with an intensive wash with Z-7, hose down, and another 'wash' with Z-18 claybar...final hose down and pre-paint correction inspection. This process took 30 minutes. We used the following for washing.

x-mitt.jpg

z-bucket.jpg

For paint correction, we employed 3M's Perfect It Series; Ultrafina. This was a test as well to see how it was different or otherwise similar from a typical Menz 106FF finishing process. The 'harsher' compounds were not used because we felt that the 4-5 month old beemer had little issues with the paint surface.

After a thorough clean up, Z-AIO was used as a base/ paint cleanser. Bonding time was a quick 10-15 minutes before we buff the surface to a shine. This process took 25 minutes.

Z-5 with Z-FX was layered twice with very little waiting time in between. We took about 30minutes to layer and buff off.

A final layer of Z-2 was applied without Z-FX. We decided to wait 30 minutes for the sealant to bond properly and did the interior whilst letting the Z-2 sit. After buffing to a shine, we sprayed Z-8 as a final step.

For a typical DIY guy to surface prep, apply Z-AIO and layer Z-2/Z-5, total time will be 1.5 hours. And this should be good to last for at least 2 months, with regular hand wash (with mild shampoo once every week and a QD).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back