Zerotohundred TimeToAttack Round 2

Re: Zerotohundred TimeToAttack Round 2

Shaun;861667 said:
More importantly, that is not a stock car. Alfian did not do the following, but instead of guys claiming that their list of part does not really help performance (whilst their rivals claim it does with endless subjective argument unending) and that the car should be considered stock and the laptime a stock car laptime, it sure would be nice for someone, anyone, to actually run a showroom stock car and do a real showroom stock time. Perhaps do just pads, fluid, lines, ducts, just for safety. Everything else should be showroom stock, including alignment.

Then there is a baseline of a stock M3 and the whole community can go from there and if it moves in stages, know quite accurately what each part is worth in time, etc.

How unstock is rhat M3?

I think pads, fluids, lines, ducts help with repeatability but does not contribute to better times.

What about tyre pressure, fuel load, engine oil, track temp, etc? Too many variables to consider.

Tanzy;861675 said:
How unstock is rhat M3?

It's on the old thread... Dinan stage I suspension, harness, ti exhaust. big brakes. Unstock enough.

I think pads, fluids, lines, ducts help with repeatability but does not contribute to better times.
They actually do help because of consistency from turn to turn meaning consistent brake points, arriving at the entries as the same point with the car at the same balance consistently. Helps learn the car and track faster with one variable more constant. Gives a lot of confidence.

But given the nature of the track and the weather we have here, it is only for safety that braking is fully taken care of. No point cooking pads, fluid, seals, rotors, risking lives.

What about tyre pressure, fuel load, engine oil, track temp, etc? Too many variables to consider.
Those are all minor to most aftermarket parts. Fuel load can be roughly 3/4 or 1/2 tank as on indicator. Tire pressures around manufacturer recommendation after 1 or 2 hot bleeds. Fluid temps can be normalized via consistent procedure (1 outlap, 1 warmup lap, 2 hotlaps). All this can be handled by drivers with a little bit of effort. Naturally the drivers will do what it takes to get a good result, and if they don't know what to do immediately, they soon will. So natural curiousity or competitiveness will take care of normalization to large degree.

The fact that there are small variables does not at all mean that it is worthless keeping track of other bigger variables. It's not about perfection but reasonable effort for a somewhat clean comparison.

If you have dampers, I have semis, yet we both call our m3s stock, and compare times, nothing is achieved. It's even misleading to some depending on what we say about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

totoseow;863516 said:
  1. Shedden Ee - VW GOLF MK6 GTI - 2:38.559
  2. Gary Tan - VW SCIROCCO - 2:41.650
  3. Kenny Low - VW GOLF MK6 GTI - 2:43.556

dun play play......these r faster than M3s i have seen.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...o-results.html
progress.gif

toto u are famous... saw ur car everywhere on net liao..
btw just saw my frd car involved in that day drag race too, that evo x sst...
seems like alot alot of car...

toto car all very distinctive and famous, starting from his noisy maserati, tattoo lambo and now the orleng black

XQWyw.jpg

bjOix.jpg

6Y9wm.jpg

totoseow;863516 said:
  1. Shedden Ee - VW GOLF MK6 GTI - 2:38.559
  2. Gary Tan - VW SCIROCCO - 2:41.650
  3. Kenny Low - VW GOLF MK6 GTI - 2:43.556

dun play play......these r faster than M3s i have seen.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...o-results.html
progress.gif

SUPERCARS

1. Jeremy Lee – Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Singapore Limited Edition - 2:28.858
2. Jason Tan – McLaren MP4-12C - 2:30.146
3. KC Kwek - Porsche 997 911 Turbo - 2:30.400

Top 3 all from SG.
Keong Hee Keong Hee!!!

MAJULAH SINGAPURA

When I grow up, I want to be like them, buy lambo and bring glory to Singapore.

Tanzy;864095 said:
When I grow up...

Physically you're already grown up, but mentally, and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, you may never get there :(

You can bring glory to Singapore in something as cheap as a 50K touring car or formula car. Even a 20K kart :D Rotax Max World Finals... ultra respect..

Tanzy;864095 said:
When I grow up, I want to be like them, buy lambo and bring glory to Singapore.

Tanzy;864095 said:
When I grow up...

Physically you're already grown up, but mentally, and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, you may never get there

You can bring glory to Singapore in something as cheap as a 50K touring car or formula car. Even a 20K kart Rotax Max Championship, World Finals. Ultra respect..

[video=youtube;yTWiCWEXb6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWiCWEXb6E[/video]

Looks like nice weather. After a drizzle?

fo shizzle my nizzle there was more than a drizzle...

..the whole morning. Sun came out so early afternoon was 80% dry, slightly damp... late afternoon completely dry.

Early afternoon damp conditions as in photo:

hVzUB.jpg

OMG!!!! , a Civic FD2R did official timing of 2:26.839 at sepang last sunday during TCC TD!!

Very nice...
Just street registered? Or really street legal? Slicks?
If it is any sort of slicked or stripped variant, then the old EKs have long been at lower 20s :D

100% slicks

Slicks worth around 9-10 seconds vs street tires. But given that the Kazama car has gone multiple 28s on semi with supposedly 320hp, and a quick but very rough driver... 26s on semis is possible since power is not maxed out, there's some in driver still.

The other things about open trackdays vs TAs or some other forms of racing, is that there are no rules. Some races have rules, but no rule enforcement and that is worse than having no rules. Lower levels of scrutiny also mean times like the 2:23 transponded time by street legal street tired s2000 at the last time attack might also be accepted as being real when it was not. There's nothing quite like datalog and transponder matching up, plus video, and a declaration within the same session at the track. No looping pit building or T6 return either..

Beyond make and model of car, power, drive system, there are a few factors that are major influences on laptime that people very often neglect: gearing, weight, being the top.

If you have twice the power, twice the crank torque, but gearing twice as tall, you have no advantage except for saved shift time. Even in the case of gear overlap you will still have an advantage much below 2x in terms of accel.
That's what many don't realize about euro cars and big power numbers.. they are geared much taller and are heavier, all of which hurts lap time.
if you have full information on a car, the times never are amazing.. it's all physics once driver is ballpark. Drivers usually are +/- 0.2% (low performance road car) to 0.6% (top formula) of a laptime if they're good.

So even a relatively low powered Japanese car cutting a good time is not surprising because it is low weight, very short geared, high grip, good yaw accel.

Exotics they have power, low aero drag, good engine placement for yaw accel, wide tires, some cases AWD. But hurting them is tall gearing, high weight.

GTRs, have power, short gearing, wide tires, AWD . But hurting them is very high weight, poor yaw accel, and larger frontal area vs exotics.

means what? the civic's time is real or dream?

Can very well be real, or a dream :D Real for me is when it has been accomplished multiple times, with multiple forms of proof all matching.

LBXX, when karting? :)

check ur email. used one...pls. b4 i change my mind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back