1 day E90

Re: 1 day E90

Janson,

Sorry mate to hear this type of stories. It happened to me as well but it's not as bad as yours. Got problems in my car as well and I went back and forth for almost 8 months. And out of the 4 problems I complained, they only solve 1. As my problems are quite minor(noises, check out my posting on What's happening to my BMW?) and one of the bros here, shared the views, i think it sounded quite logical.

You should write in officially to PML and correspondingly talk to CASE and your lawyer. Check out what's written on your sales and agreement contract. Keep a cool head and things will be sorted out.

Dont give up on the car ya.. Godspeed..

Hey,

Sad to hear about what you are going through. Must be hell....

Hope you didn't pay $155k for your car....

This is the kind of problems that deter 1st time buyers of BMW (people like me)... What good is a car, when everything is fantastic but it stays in the workshop half the time, in your case, MOST of the time.....

Guys its the distributor and not the brand. The car is lovely for all its worth. The distributor on the other hand....

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear what you have been through. But I think you should make this thing "big" to the top management of PML or better still to BMW Asia. What you have gone through is totally unacceptable. I fully support your idea of going to CASE or better still have it published in the newspaper. I think you have the "best" case to shake up PML. I'm sure lots of people will be behind you. Good luck!

WELLFACT YOUR FACT. THIS ONLY A DREAM TALK. HOW ABOUT YOUR LOG CARD .... CAHNGING NEW CARD IS NOT JUST PUTIING THE OLD NUMBER INTO THE NEW ONE. MAYBE IF YOU WANT TO SUE THEM FIR DAMAGES. hOWEVER I HAVE ALREADY SEND MY CAR IN FOR THREE TIME HOR WITHIN 10K STILL CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM !!!!

Yah, agree 100%. PML sound like a bunch of total wa*kers, interested in closing a deal and then pissing off after that, very typical of lacklustre run of the mill corporations but definitely not acceptable for a brandname like BMW. Think BMW should review PML's dealership status closely as there have been so may unpleasant incidents about them.

Janson - you should take whatever means you can to bring this people down. Write to BMW HQ if you must and also pen a open letter in the newspapers. I had a friend who was a longtime user of Volvo who had a problematic 850 sometimeback which kept breaking down...he wrote letters to Volvo HQ in Sweden, addressed to the CEO himself, and not only did they finally exchange a brand
new car for him, they also gave hime free servicing for 3 yrs. Now that is bloody customer service for you!
Anyway, sorry for your misfortune and hope you do something about it. Best of luck with your ride and hope it turns out well.
Cheers!

I was indeed seriously considering to switch over to the E90 over the weekend ... considering fact that nett of loan rebates and discounts, the 320i is selling for an attractive $137K right now.
Well, perhaps I need to do some serious re-think about BMWs and PML from ground zero.

Don't know if the 325i is gonna be any different, since also Valvetronic-based engine. Yes, I am indeed suspicious of having 4 or 6 stepper motors working on the valves, even when it first came out in the E46. Stepper motors can and will fail ... these are the same type of electric motors used in dot-matrix printers for X's sake!

But having PML not being able to resolve engine-related problems, to me, is the biggest let down for anyone buying a new, premium/luxury car. Yours is not the first and I am sure, definitely not the last. Many stories in the papers, and I wonder how many more went unpublished.

Maybe perhaps, I will await the IS250 for my next switch ... or even the C200K may prove to be (still) more reliable than a 320i? The S40 2.4 is also very attractive, but a little bit small(er) on space. Legacy GT is great on power but dull on looks, but I'd stay away from TC cars for now.

sorry to hear about your ride, be firm but nice, u'll never know when you'll need their help ... you have 3 years warranty ahead...

they'll fix it in time, they just need pushing ... keep complaining...

and yes watch out for your paint work... i got mine scratched very badly .... clumsy buggers... hand like leg...

Hi Janson,

I read up about your problems with your BMW car.

I too have run into a whole list of problems with my brand new 745Li which I collected last November. Although my car didn’t totally break down like yours, the little problems are endless and out of my ten months of ownership, my car has been in the workshop for three months.

I spent close to $400,000 plus options on my car and despite that, for all of those three months, I was replaced with another 745Li for a week or so, and then the rest of the time I was driving a 520i or at most a 730i.

Throughout all this time, BMW has not given me good customer service. Their technicians are ignorant and there are always, always scratches on my car. My car is a non-metallic black, so if there are swirl marks, it is very evident. There was once that they even got grease on my leather seats. I really screwed them up for it.

After many months of pushing and doing everything from contacting lawyers, to banging tables and to chucking my car there, I have received a warranty extension from BMW, to four years and 150,000km.

However, I feel this isn’t good enough. I’m just waiting for the next problem to arise, and if it does, I’ll get back at them full-fledged.

There was a particular lady in 2002 that got a full refund for her 728i. Her car had problems with the engine and overheated. She fought quite fiercely I suppose. I will go down to the archives and pull out the Straits Times article if I have the time. My point is, getting a refund is totally possible. Please be harsh on them and don’t give them chance, especially since your car is so new.

If you’re interested to know more about the problems I’m facing with my car, I’ll list them for you. I bought another white 745Li in January this year, and that car runs perfectly every time. I thus believe that my black 745Li has manufacturing defects.

Our case would also be stronger if we had more customers with similar problems with brand new cars fighting for our rights together. It’ll scare the shit out of them.

Waiting for the next day my car stalls at a traffic light.

guys.. sorry for thew slow reply.. what happen to my car now is getting from bad to worse. sar to say this man.. one problem always lead to another.. recently is the air con and the auto lock after 15km. the air con is down and i sent it for repairs last wednesday and you guys know what ? i got my car back with the rubber missing from my back windscreen. what a thing to happen to a brank new car.

quite surprised that i got my car back with an auto lock system which i don't have it initally. plan to leave it there and didn't make any comments as i thought its not harmful in any way but what a shock i got was on Sat. MY CAR LOCK ME OUT !!! can you believe that ?? sigh~~ i got out of my car and open the boot to pass something to my client when the car suddenly locked up after i closed my boot !!! i was damn pissed. in the end i had to head down to the nearest police post to borrow the phone and borrowed 20 bucks from the policeman.. what a nice guy he is !! they in the end have to take care of my car and direct the traffic as my car is at the side of a single lane~~

refer the matter to them and till now i haven got any reply or calls from them. so guys, what you guys think of aftersales services ??

what a headache !!!

Typically...Anyways...my deepest sympathies. If i was in your shoes - if the soft approach doesn't work, I would not only bang table (bang glass) but also direct the matter directly up to their MD (Rock).

Good luck my friend...

Janson,

After reading all your post on the problems you have, I think the workshop people very jia lak.

Personally think that PML got to educate these bunch of technicians and their superiors the right attitude they have towards the BMW car when sending in for service or repairs.

Anyway best of luck, hopefully they can solve your problem as soon as possible.

Russell

just have to make a bit of noise they'll get *some* stuff done.. that was what happened for me.. heh.

Janson said:
so guys, what you guys think of aftersales services ??

!

The system will not recognise my comment cos many "I love Qileng, I love Hello kitty, I love Qileng" language will come out.

Surprise ur problem still not solved yet.... I believe u already overturn their tables many times...

Nothing i can do to help but if u need wood to burn them, I will give u free... Good Luck!!

well ... when my dad had problems with his w211 e200 ... within 6 months it was repaired close to 10x ... he finally got fed up .. went on the web, found and emailed dalmier chrysler's ceo ... within 4 hours ... the guy's secretary called back ... extremely apologetic ... they gave use of another merc while they worked on my dad's ... the engineer that comes down from germany from time to time ... the master mechanic or smt ... they had him look at the car and he fixed the problem after a day ... no questions asked no nothing ... plus even told my dad he'd get a discount on his next merc ... but he still wound up getting a beemer as a 2nd car ... so far no qualms ... merc is in excellent shape ... the whole idea is to just bypass pml and go straight to bmw as im sure they want to upkeep their name if their distributor isnt doing a good job ...

Hi Janson,

kinda surprised u had tons of prob wif yr new E90 ride; no doubt i had heard many stories of new models havin many teethin probs but u really seem to hav a lemon! I owned a 04/99 E46 318 sedan bac in 1999 n it was the 1st batch e46 as well; no major probs at all then. but when i changed to an 08/02 E46 318 cab, tis car gave me many teethin probs such as strange noises n even hi-fi CD changer prob, all within 2 weeks fm registration date; I got diff courtesy car then but there was once i forced them to rent a car for me when i insisted on sendin the car into PML immediately due to another prevalent fault. tink it cost them 300+ per day.

morale of the story is b reasonable; however, do not accept lame excuses like "the car is like tis" etc etc etc. The poor aftersales service is also the one of the main reasons y i never considered a BMW since I sold my cabrio in Aug 2004.

Side track a little, imagine it had been more then a year since i sold my cabrio n only today Sep 26 2005 then i received a call fm PML askin me to update my particulars n wat car or cars I own now. of course, I am honest wif them n told them I drive a Getz.

my 2 cents of thoughts; i may drive a bmw again but no PML if possible.

Cheers

kevinm said:
well ... when my dad had problems with his w211 e200 ... within 6 months it was repaired close to 10x ... he finally got fed up .. went on the web, found and emailed dalmier chrysler's ceo ... within 4 hours ... the guy's secretary called back ... extremely apologetic ... they gave use of another merc while they worked on my dad's ... the engineer that comes down from germany from time to time ... the master mechanic or smt ... they had him look at the car and he fixed the problem after a day ... no questions asked no nothing ... plus even told my dad he'd get a discount on his next merc ... but he still wound up getting a beemer as a 2nd car ... so far no qualms ... merc is in excellent shape ... the whole idea is to just bypass pml and go straight to bmw as im sure they want to upkeep their name if their distributor isnt doing a good job ...

your dad damn wu seh...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back