1 day E90

Re: 1 day E90

Russell said:
Janson,

After reading all your post on the problems you have, I think the workshop people very jia lak.

Personally think that PML got to educate these bunch of technicians and their superiors the right attitude they have towards the BMW car when sending in for service or repairs.

Anyway best of luck, hopefully they can solve your problem as soon as possible.

Russell

Russell

Sorry.....OT a bit. Are you the "Russell" who rides with CWB Platinum Board?

Cheers!

Hymics said:
halo Mr. NNB san.... can u change ur avatar and signature please..

Halo Mr. BS san, wil do so aft bodykitin my getz, puttin in 5 inch roof spoiler n 20 inch turbo rims. n yes, Mr. BS san, wat's up lately? end of OT

GetzBoy2

wow.. thanks for all the reply. right now i would have to just keeping going down to the workshop to repair my car and pray that nothing will happen again. i've tried many ways but to no avail. guess writing in to newspaper will be my last resort if my car still have news problems arising.. really regret getting the e90.. lastly thanks for all the advices.. hope to see you guys in the next meetup ya~~ Janson, SFW 4784 C here !

Janson said:
wow.. thanks for all the reply. right now i would have to just keeping going down to the workshop to repair my car and pray that nothing will happen again. i've tried many ways but to no avail. guess writing in to newspaper will be my last resort if my car still have news problems arising.. really regret getting the e90.. lastly thanks for all the advices.. hope to see you guys in the next meetup ya~~ Janson, SFW 4784 C here !

Bro

Don't give up! Newsapaper should go now liao.....Mai Tu!

And write to BMW in Germany or straight to BMW office in Singapore. NOT PML!

BMW office in German Centre at International Buisness Park. Write to them still no response leh, then call 20 to 30 "HIA DI" go to their office outside and squat outside there the whole day lor......sure got people ask what happened to your E90 one!

But please tell your "HIA DI" cannot smoke hor because air-con lah.........

PM me if you still got problems, maybe I can help?

Cheers!

When I had some teething problems with my 730i during the first few months of ownership, PML was unable to fix them for me. These are minor problems actually, like the sensitivity settings of the auto headlights and poor range of the remote door lock control, but the ignorant people there can't seem to get things right. I have to get info from the web and tell them what to do.
I wrote to BMW Singapore and HQ in Germany. Their response was very fast and PML called me up, gave me a 745Li loaner and solved the problem ( got an Ang Moh from Germany I think ) superfast.

The long and short of it....forget PML after they cannot solve yr problem after 1 try. Contact BMW HQ to put pressure on them.

TobyNik said:
Russell

Sorry.....OT a bit. Are you the "Russell" who rides with CWB Platinum Board?

Cheers!

TobyNik....

Oh hi....yes is me...

Toby - Simon ???

Lord_CLK (Shadowlord) said:
is the e90 platform 330i stable now?

Why shouldn't the platform be stable? What have you heard? I bought mine when newly launched. Only been to PML once for engine oil top up. Not a single problem more. No rattles. No drones. Like I said - my 330 runs like a gem. Only thing to complain would be that exhaust is very muted tho I'd prefer it to sound more throaty. On sports susp with 18inch, 162 wheels + PS2 RFT tyres. Bad roads can upset its smooth manner. Steering is top notch tho. Guzzles fuel but its ok. Air con, entertainment and iDrive are excellent. Backroom space is tight too. Love the car and I think it is by far the best car I've owned to date. Drove a Volvo S60 T5 before.

TobyNik said:
Bro

Don't give up! Newsapaper should go now liao.....Mai Tu!

And write to BMW in Germany or straight to BMW office in Singapore. NOT PML!

BMW office in German Centre at International Buisness Park. Write to them still no response leh, then call 20 to 30 "HIA DI" go to their office outside and squat outside there the whole day lor......sure got people ask what happened to your E90 one!

But please tell your "HIA DI" cannot smoke hor because air-con lah.........

PM me if you still got problems, maybe I can help?

Cheers!

hmmm~~ whats HIA DI by the way ? i decided on what to do with the car already.. thanks dude..~~

Janson said:
hmmm~~ whats HIA DI by the way ? i decided on what to do with the car already.. thanks dude..~~

Which would be to sell and buy a merc instead?

yky said:
When I had some teething problems with my 730i during the first few months of ownership, PML was unable to fix them for me. These are minor problems actually, like the sensitivity settings of the auto headlights and poor range of the remote door lock control, but the ignorant people there can't seem to get things right. I have to get info from the web and tell them what to do.
I wrote to BMW Singapore and HQ in Germany. Their response was very fast and PML called me up, gave me a 745Li loaner and solved the problem ( got an Ang Moh from Germany I think ) superfast.

The long and short of it....forget PML after they cannot solve yr problem after 1 try. Contact BMW HQ to put pressure on them.

Same here. they can never seems to solve any problems but they are able to give the car more problems even minor thing like the rubber of the back windscreen mirror can go dangling.. most recent problems are the anti lock system, seat and the abs system. my driver seat can actually shift to lay back position by itself while driving and you can't stop it. for the abs system, the warning pops up and warn me the failure of Abs on rainy days. i was like what the hell !! gave a call to Jeff but he ignored due to too many problems i had i guess.. shift to Paul and he told me that its okay to drive so i asked me is Pml gonna take responsibilities if my car got into accident due to this fault ? he said he don't know. so i said can i park my car at the roadside, he said its better to keep driving..

for the lock out issue, i was damn pissed to being locked out by my car with the key engaged and the engine is running. incident happened on Sat night and i left a voicemail informing them abt this issue and told Paul on MOnday morning. No actions have been taken. no calls received from them. oh ya, funniest thing of all which made me even angry. my salesman told me that its NORMAL FOR THE CAR TO LOCK UP BY ITSELF. its to protect the car ! WOW !!!! And so i asked, does that means i cannot leave the engine running and get out of my car ? he said CANNOT !!!! I MUST REMOVE THE KEY !! what an answer or unreasonable and illogical explanation.

i was so fed up till i called Paul since Jeff doesn't want to pick up my calls. i told Paul to ask Jeff what he gonna do with my car. act ignorance as i never recevied any calls from you guys, ask me slowly wait and slowly repair or is he able to give me an satisfactory ans. If its the first 2options, need not call me back. i can assure you that that Strait Times will be publishing this article on how bad the car and how ugly is Bmw. he never called me back. few hours later James Liu called me. i said the same thing. if you still gonna ask me to wait and wait. i'm not going to endure anymore. i will sell away the car and write an article on this. i believed he can't give me an answer immediately as well and so i told hikm to consult the management tml morning and hopefully to receive his call by tml 6pm. he said okay. Jeff finally called. he said alot of thing which i personally feel that he just wanna tell me that he has done his best in offering me with the best services which i seriously doubt so. he even told me that my car is perfectly fine when they checked it. he don't know whats going on.. how are they gonna repair if they don't even know where's the problems lie ?

my car stalled on the road the following day after i received my car. repaired for 4days with added problems " my engine noise level is louder then a 6yrs old mercs " and my car broke down again the following day. went down to Pml and shouted at them and stuffs.. given a e90 as replacement car and a letter saying that i'm given one free oil services and a 1 ride on the safety driving course. i'm actually fine if there's no extend of warranty if my car is perfectly done. god knows.. its got worse.. the noise level got worse and Jeff said that he will get a german technician to check out my car but in the end what i got from him was to ask me to run in again as they just changed the oil without any explanations.

** James Liu just called and asked me to head down to east coast centre to have a chat with Robert ***, their director at 04:30pm.

really wish to ditch this car and warned the public if i'm not given a satisfactory answer this time. actually there's lots lots more which i don't think there's enough space for me to type. *headache*

yky said:

Greatly appreciate if you could email me the adress of Bmw Singapore and HQ in Germany. anyway i had approached the editor of straits times saying that i will get back to her again if i'm being treated unfairly again.

[email protected]

thanks in advance

Nuke said:
Which would be to sell and buy a merc instead?

most probably getting a slk i guess.. no more Bmw. actually i love my car but sigh, the aftersales service is real bad !

Janson said:

HIA DI means "brothers".. got tatoo even better...

HAHAHA...

Janson said:
Greatly appreciate if you could email me the adress of Bmw Singapore and HQ in Germany. anyway i had approached the editor of straits times saying that i will get back to her again if i'm being treated unfairly again.

[email protected]

thanks in advance

call BMW asia and make appointment with Roland Krueger, BMW Asia GM.
Ph no. 6838 9600
You should have taken your case up with Robert Friend, Aftersales GM. then to Simon Rock the MD. Don't waste your time with any others.

zag said:
call BMW asia and make appointment with Roland Krueger, BMW Asia GM.
Ph no. 6838 9600
You should have taken your case up with Robert Friend, Aftersales GM. then to Simon Rock the MD. Don't waste your time with any others.

Met Robert Friend, aftersales director earlier on at 4:30pm. he couldn't give me any assurance as well. what he wants is to expect the car to be in their workshop before they can say anything and for my side, i want my car to remain faulty as an evidence. Anyway he said to give them a chance to diagnose the problems and solve it. he promised to give me back a perfect condition car with some assurance. i agreed to it. telling myself this gonna be the last try. really sick of going down to kampong arang.

i made a bold request saying that i wanna change another car. be it 523 or 325. its okay. i'm willing to top up a reasonable amount. he said it possible. James Liu will be providing me with the details in that. lets see how it goes as my car is less then 2mths and 2days old... i'll be exchanging cars with Jeffery Lau tomorrow morning till my car is done. i'll still blow up the matters to the press if i'm not given an assurance even the car had been repaired.

Finally conclusion. Bmw aftersales performance really sux big time compared to others..

Janson said:
i made a bold request saying that i wanna change another car. be it 523 or 325. its okay. i'm willing to top up a reasonable amount. he said it possible. James Liu will be providing me with the details in that. lets see how it goes as my car is less then 2mths and 2days old... i'll be exchanging cars with Jeffery Lau tomorrow morning till my car is done. i'll still blow up the matters to the press if i'm not given an assurance even the car had been repaired.

Finally conclusion. Bmw aftersales performance really sux big time compared to others..

Bro, chill...understand your feelings. Let's hope this time they can resolve everything.

Otherwise, go for 325 with Xenon lights & Sports Seat...swee x 2 :yummie:

I made a bold request saying that i wanna change another car. be it 523 or 325. its okay. i'm willing to top up a reasonable amount. he said it possible. James Liu will be providing me with the details in that. lets see how it goes as my car is less then 2mths and 2days old... i'll be exchanging cars with Jeffery Lau tomorrow morning till my car is done. i'll still blow up the matters to the press if i'm not given an assurance even the car had been repaired. Finally conclusion. Bmw aftersales performance really sux big time compared to others..[/QUOTE said:
Chances are ... they will probably give you a better discount for the 523i or 325i (both much better-engined cars than the 320i IMHO). If I were in this position, I'd get a special-indent 325i Manual ... ~$5K cheaper than the Steptronic too and lesser 'problems' too in the longer term!

p.s. Just my opinion only ..... coming from someone who still swears by automatic mechanical watches, full-manual cameras. They'll all probably last you a life-time. Another reason why I still think the (hydraulic-mechanical) VTEC concept for variable valve timing and lift is still a much more elegant engineering approach to engine design, than a bolt-on Valvetronic (electrical motor) device.

HOWEVER, I don't think PML can do much for you re the trade-in value of your 320i and will be subject to whatever their used car dealers quote. At most, the SE can top-up a bit from his own commission to help you, but not necessarily bridge your loss. Now ... this is where the used car sharks will try to make a killing ... by greatly depreciating a 2-month old car. Careful.

You should try to rationalize with your SE that he should be viewing this second deal of yours as selling 2 cars to you within a period of less than 3 months and therefore should cut his (and the company's?) commissions right down to the barest minimum.

IS200 said:
Chances are ... they will probably give you a better discount for the 523i or 325i (both much better-engined cars than the 320i IMHO). If I were in this position, I'd get a special-indent 325i Manual ... ~$5K cheaper than the Steptronic too and lesser 'problems' too in the longer term!

p.s. Just my opinion only ..... coming from someone who still swears by automatic mechanical watches, full-manual cameras. They'll all probably last you a life-time. Another reason why I still think the (hydraulic-mechanical) VTEC concept for variable valve timing and lift is still a much more elegant engineering approach to engine design, than a bolt-on Valvetronic (electrical motor) device.

HOWEVER, I don't think PML can do much for you re the trade-in value of your 320i and will be subject to whatever their used car dealers quote. At most, the SE can top-up a bit from his own commission to help you, but not necessarily bridge your loss. Now ... this is where the used car sharks will try to make a killing ... by greatly depreciating a 2-month old car. Careful.

You should try to rationalize with your SE that he should be viewing this second deal of yours as selling 2 cars to you within a period of less than 3 months and therefore should cut his (and the company's?) commissions right down to the barest minimum.

thanks alot dude for this precious information. greatly appreciated. i'll see how it goes..
i've given them and myself one last chance to fix the car. *headache* worse come to worst i'll sell away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taigametdtc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back