116d kakis

I drives a silver 116d, done 4000km. Is pretty pleased with the car so far. Read a lot of horror stories regarding current crops of turbo diesel engined cars which are Euro 5, 6 compliant. Where there will be high chance of failure with the EGR, DPF, oil gaskets, etc at the later part of the ownership, where repair cost may be quite some wallet emptying experience. Due to the roads in SG which are mostly 'urban' in nature, start-stop traffic are unavoidable, where regeneration of the DPF become impossible. Any of you bro/sis driving a diesel powered Bimmer had encountered any of such problems before? Any tips to mitigate such issues?
Heard the same so every few months I drive to KL for biz instead of flying. Car is 8 months now and done 12k km with no problems so far.

Good to hear that and thanks for sharing as diesel engines are relatively new to alot of car owners.

of course with the exception of taxis and lorries owners.

I am driving a white 116D and done about 4500k. getting about 16.5km/l. Just curious what other owners are achieving. Thanks.

I am driving a white 116D and done about 4500k. getting about 16.5km/l. Just curious what other owners are achieving. Thanks.
It varies. Some of us is getting 18 19. Some getting 13 14. Depends on driving patterns n route.

We have a groupchat and Facebook page. Let me know if u want to join

Just booked a Valencia Orange today.
hallo, love the color, that's what I ordered to find car in car park.. Turned out to be really special...Love it!
1400 km so far, fuel bill - under 100 dollars. I love this car, the 3 cyl is a marvel. I don't get why people buy audi merc n golfs. Rwd, balance, grip, refinement is awesome, but would not have tot that screwing down consumption in Eco is so much fun! I don't know any 3cyl, 8 speed box, zoom zoom, steering like a cart, with that fuel consumption, and a bonnet like proper cars would have it, a classic not many people seem to understand. Eco driving machine!!

Even though I only test drove the car, can already sense the potential fun I gonna have with the car. It's a pretty complete package I feel in a small car.
Only thing now is to wait for delivery.

It varies. Some of us is getting 18 19. Some getting 13 14. Depends on driving patterns n route.

We have a groupchat and Facebook page. Let me know if u want to join

Getting 15. I do eco pro, but half the time can't resist sport :) having said that, it's hard to remember when is last time I fill up :)

Our last car was a Mitsubishi, hence squeaky door isn't much of a bother :) but every one bully us, funny thing is now, with Bmw hatch not much bully, but Lexus suv seems to have problem with mini beemer :D Lexus guys seem really frustrated, funnie!

Anybody can extract any more power beyond 4000rpm ?

Ive done quite a few things on the car, k&n intake, coding, TMC chip, order M performance bumper and all the m grills, and customising carbon lip ala F10 lip, M performance Brakes 370mm/345mm. 18" M4 Rims, H&R lowering springs.

Currently, customised my white bumper with plastic dip to accentuate the profile to make the black more pronounced.

Short of super sprint quad exhausts and diesel downpipe. To push to 400NM
Thinking of Replacing the Turbo after warranty. But thats a mighty long time from now.

Anyone as crazy if not more crazy than me?
Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultracelvn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups