19" or 18" rims? Which tyres?

Re: 19" or 18" rims? Which tyres?

Maybe it means too many people regret using 19" so selling ... so have to stick to one set of rims and cannot change loh...

just wonder if anyone on 20" for 3-series?

Ya, I think BMW is a crap car because there are so many bimmers on sale in sgcarmart.
Especially e9x!

C3P0;838594 said:
Ya, I think BMW is a crap car because there are so many bimmers on sale in sgcarmart.
Especially e9x!

Z4 also alot..........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

hey guys, chill...
all are helping so I can decide better. I believe no one is trying to be personal or use words to deframe each other nor is there anyone disturbing others' sale.
I guess I have more or less made my decisions.
Now is to decide on tyres. PSS is kind of steep. I think most value for money will be CSC5 as compared to Aysm 2.
CSC5 is good enough for wet/dry grip ya? It should also be low in noise too ya? If I use it for track, do you think it is good enough?
What is the price for PSS? Can someone PM me and share?

C3P0;838594 said:
Especially e9x!
Yups I agree BMW is a Can Race And Perform car where alot of us in here drives one or more :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

booked my BBS CH R satin black 19 inch staggered.waiting for them to arrived

I can many forumers supported 19" rims but the rubber kind of put me off.
Just rubber alone, it can go up to 2k and above.
Now I start to think if it is worth to buy 2nd hand 19" rims and buy new tyres or just go straight for new rims new tyres...

It is not the rims that cost a bomb. It's the rubber that sucks the blood.

Please do not try to save money on tyres. This is one of the mods that can save lives.

I know some forumers will think that "wheels can be seen, but no one can see the tyre brands" - but the only 4 contact patches between your ride and the asphalt is your tyres. The differences of few hundred dollars is worth it.

raytyper;838786 said:
booked my BBS CH R satin black 19 inch staggered.waiting for them to arrived

howawww .. how much you get ch-r black ? ..
and pairing with PSS ? or KW Suspension or other ?

Hi bro,

2nd hand rims aren't a bad option but you must ensure rims are in good cond...

I had a bad experience buying used rims & tyres as a set (no names mentioned). After driving for few hours, realized the car was wobbling at speeds above 100km/h..brought it down to shop where I bought the rims& they said I need to do a wheel alignment...which cost me another $85 but problem still persisted sadly...

Decided to send for a 3rd party opinion (stamford tyres) & then it was confirmed that one of the rims was slightly damaged hence causing car to wobble...brought back to shop to swap but since it was used set, there wasn't much to consider but to buy brand new this ime (back to square one - brand new still safest option)

Even with good used rims, my advice is to get new rubbers instead of buying both used as a set( which is commonly avail)..

Both Conti & Much are great tyres so either way you wont go wrong...

Cheers

QUOTE=Jetpilot;838869]I can many forumers supported 19" rims but the rubber kind of put me off.
Now I start to think if it is worth to buy 2nd hand 19" rims and buy new tyres or just go straight for new rims new tyres...

It is not the rims that cost a bomb. It's the rubber that sucks the blood.[/QUOTE]

Jetpilot;838869 said:
I can many forumers supported 19" rims but the rubber kind of put me off.

18" tire averagely 300+ each. 19" tire averagely 400each..

Differences not alot.

Aiyo... Headache ... Stock is e best!!

kenntona;838870 said:
Please do not try to save money on tyres. This is one of the mods that can save lives.

I know some forumers will think that "wheels can be seen, but no one can see the tyre brands" - but the only 4 contact patches between your ride and the asphalt is your tyres. The differences of few hundred dollars is worth it.

Tomace knows I never save rubber as it definitely can save lives. I was on RE11 and AD08 before in my previous ride.

be it 18 or 19 inch rims, it will not compromise on the safety as the rubber is the one that matters. For looks, 19 is definitely the better looking than 18. for safety, i believe 18 and 19 both have their fair share.

Thanks for sharing!

I will definitely go for new tyres. This not an option for me as I don't want to compromise my family safety. Thou E90 is not a very powerful car, I still believe, the brake pads, tyres and brake hoses makes a huge difference to the braking of the car.

The only dilemma I have was to choose between 18 or 19 but I guess I am more or less set unless someone can change my mind within the next 1 week. hahahahaha:)

After tyres and rims, it will be my suspension. It's another headache. arghhh...

mohankls;838912 said:
Hi bro,

2nd hand rims aren't a bad option but you must ensure rims are in good cond...

I had a bad experience buying used rims & tyres as a set (no names mentioned). After driving for few hours, realized the car was wobbling at speeds above 100km/h..brought it down to shop where I bought the rims& they said I need to do a wheel alignment...which cost me another $85 but problem still persisted sadly...

Decided to send for a 3rd party opinion (stamford tyres) & then it was confirmed that one of the rims was slightly damaged hence causing car to wobble...brought back to shop to swap but since it was used set, there wasn't much to consider but to buy brand new this ime (back to square one - brand new still safest option)

Even with good used rims, my advice is to get new rubbers instead of buying both used as a set( which is commonly avail)..

Both Conti & Much are great tyres so either way you wont go wrong...

Cheers

QUOTE=Jetpilot;838869]I can many forumers supported 19" rims but the rubber kind of put me off.

[/QUOTE]

I would go for the 19". Big difference in looks, makes a nice stance to your ride. But yes, rubbers are expensive. I also went with Michelin PSS fronts and rears. Awesome tires.

Jet pilot, if $$ is not an issue, go for 19". definitely better looking than 18", wider rims also more contact with road surface. Only more costly on rubbers and FC drop. I changed from 18 to 19 and didn't notice any difference in the pickup nor were they uncomfortable(only slightly firmer), but average FC dropped from 8.4km/L to 7km/L.

UOTE=Jetpilot;839006]Thanks for sharing!

I will definitely go for new tyres. This not an option for me as I don't want to compromise my family safety. Thou E90 is not a very powerful car, I still believe, the brake pads, tyres and brake hoses makes a huge difference to the braking of the car.

The only dilemma I have was to choose between 18 or 19 but I guess I am more or less set unless someone can change my mind within the next 1 week. hahahahaha:)

After tyres and rims, it will be my suspension. It's another headache. arghhh...

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

My FC are better than when i was on 18" M rims with RFT.
Like kenn mentioned.. Weights of rims n tires plays a part.

Then again, if FC is yur concern i guess a hybrid would be wiser choice.

My nee jiam .. Cheers..

Bro you mean your FC is better on your current 19 than your previous 18? What are your previous rims and tires compared to now, care to share?
I just changed from 18" original rims with rtf to 19" Breytons with csc5. FC dropped

QUOTE=tomace;839835]My FC are better than when i was on 18" M rims with RFT.

My nee jiam .. Cheers..[/QUOTE]

Tomace was using 18" M rims with RFT tyres. It seems RFT is the culprit to bad FC.

I do agree that heavier rims will affect FC and pick-up due to the heavier unsprung weight.

mounchic;839949 said:
Bro you mean your FC is better on your current 19 than your previous 18? What are your previous rims and tires compared to now, care to share?
I just changed from 18" original rims with rtf to 19" Breytons with csc5. FC dropped

QUOTE=tomace;839835]My FC are better than when i was on 18" M rims with RFT.

My nee jiam .. Cheers..
[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

do you think PSS or even CSC5 will be overkilling E90?
I have look at the threads and I must say both are very good tyres.
I believe the traction will be great but for E90 with merely 156bhp, is it overkilling it if used such grippy tyres? For 330 and 335, the PSS and CSC5 fits them perfectly.
What do you reckon?

Gents,

I always avoided 19" rims, as many friends told me the ride would be too hard and uncomfortable.

Any one who recently changed from 18 to 19 have any comments please?
Any Die-Hard 19" proponents? Need to decide very soon.

Looks are not the most important, but from the shops I visited, there are more choices with 19" rims, which seem to suggest the popularity over 18".

Thanks...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae888belecon

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back