1st E60 523 remapped ( Almost a 525)

Re: 1st E60 523 remapped ( Almost a 525)

snowdog;142201 said:
I would think so too. The new VVT engines with VANOS is such a gem! Can tune to higher power and yet the engine still sounds very refined. :woowooo:

Yes good point....VVT/Vanos do make better power but the power/torque Curve not very smooth even on Stock map..( Even my E9 make alot more power than E8 with Mivec Cams but with dip here and there when Mivec kicks in) But you can hardly feel it ( Only can see on Dyno Chart)

I 2nd that, the engine is indeed very refined after remap.....

oh pls...every car can be tracked....not asking u to race. anyway hope to see you at the next meet up. cheers

Kiddy M;142205 said:
yeah... at least finally.. we see some serious tuning being develop for the N52 engines... about time.. ehehehe.. hope more will be coming soon...
I think 523Kw got his car remap more for drivability.. not for all out power shiokness.. as he has mentioned that his car is fully stock, except for the remap... maybe after this, he might be infected with the mod virus.. hehehehehe.. :D

Yes Drivability is my key objective for 523, if you ask me is the car fast? I can only say faster than stock but still SLOW.

Mods are over for me .. I hope.... at most for 523 I will only add Air filter..

totoseow;142241 said:
oh pls...every car can be tracked....not asking u to race. anyway hope to see you at the next meet up. cheers

Yah agree but there are things not worth doing in life... and for me bring 523 to track adding more stone chip , Screwing up rotor / Pads just ain worth it...Its design to be driven in Comf...

My personal view.

point taken...anyway i think many bros here will be keen for a taxi ride at the next meet up...these r exciting times when 1k mod can cure much headaches for many power hungry bros here. ok serious...hope to meet you soon. pm me if you wish...i drive a 5 too...

So 523KW, which models 520, 320, 318 did you have?

totoseow;142258 said:
point taken...anyway i think many bros here will be keen for a taxi ride at the next meet up...these r exciting times when 1k mod can cure much headaches for many power hungry bros here. ok serious...hope to meet you soon. pm me if you wish...i drive a 5 too...

Yes this is one the best mod / cheapest I did that cure a bit of pain..

Sure let me know if you guys are meeting up soon.. do you guys meet up at JFC or BVO often...?

E39 520 , previous model 3 series I think its call E36

523KW;142239 said:
Hahaha been there done that on many of my previous car... I brought the BMW 523 coz I think I'm over with my track days....And 523 never design to track...

I'm happy with my quiet comfy ride now... No mods just Reflash to make car drives better...

totoseow;142241 said:

:) Hats off to this 7. :)

that looks like the 7 at last years pml track day? 745...solid bugger...like a barge..but he was enjoying himself...thats more important.

Apogee89;142263 said:
:) Hats off to this 7. :)

I thought it was a 760? There was a 760 at one of the track days. He went into the gravel. Car was pretty new too.

523KW;142254 said:
Yah agree but there are things not worth doing in life... and for me bring 523 to track adding more stone chip , Screwing up rotor / Pads just ain worth it...Its design to be driven in Comf...

My personal view.
adding more stone chip, you drive to where ever and there still be stone chips, how do u screw up the rotor/pads??.. wear them out.. sure enough .. the 5 designed to drive in comfort.. damn.. then the M5 and the guys i've seen tracking the 5ers dun know what they doing aye?.

totoseow;142258 said:

i too want a taxi.. in ur car tho....

Nuke;142259 said:
So 523KW, which models 520, 320, 318 did you have?
This i want to noe too.. been waiting since then

523KW;142262 said:
Yes this is one the best mod / cheapest I did that cure a bit of pain..

Sure let me know if you guys are meeting up soon.. do you guys meet up at JFC or BVO often...?
Cure abit of the pain??.. good to noe ur enjoying ur mod, just wondering .. i rem u saying after the ECU upgrade, ur car in D feels like in sports mode, so .. when ur'e in sports mode.. how does it feel now??

A couple of us will be at BVO and some at J4C... see ya soon...

shaaz - you are learning to ask really pointed question... good... good.... dyno charts dont lie, but I have been there done that with all these piggyback and ECU stuff... in D mode, it drives like S mode and in S mode, it drives like... well S-mode...

I guess the dyno charts dont lie ... (i mean, we ought to believe them....) sometimes the map adjusts the driving characteristic such that throttle response is sharper etc.. put it simply - one gets closer to what we are promised in the stock car's specs... rather than gaining BHP per se..

but in this case, the charts certainly look impressive......

The best test is more cars doing this mod and if all can obtain similar gains, then its good stuff.. especially if dyno-ed at different dynos.... that would be even more objective...

Another thing, I guess with the reflash (like DMS??) the ECU shouldnt re-learn and go back to stock??

sorry me no guru on this... just some thots..

dont forget our quatroportte on track too!!!!

haha sweet

SMYUEN;142283 said:
shaaz - you are learning to ask really pointed question... good... good.... dyno charts dont lie, but I have been there done that with all these piggyback and ECU stuff... in D mode, it drives like S mode and in S mode, it drives like... well S-mode...

I guess the dyno charts dont lie ... (i mean, we ought to believe them....) sometimes the map adjusts the driving characteristic such that throttle response is sharper etc.. put it simply - one gets closer to what we are promised in the stock car's specs... rather than gaining BHP per se..

but in this case, the charts certainly look impressive......

The best test is more cars doing this mod and if all can obtain similar gains, then its good stuff.. especially if dyno-ed at different dynos.... that would be even more objective...

Another thing, I guess with the reflash (like DMS??) the ECU shouldnt re-learn and go back to stock??

sorry me no guru on this... just some thots..

yea bro, haha.. i have my doubts but then again .. with the base run and a run after the ECU upgrade.. if it shows stunning numbers .. then .. hmm no say bozz.. but i rem a buddy of mine.. did a dyno run.. but he sed in the end .. on paper he gets so much but at the end of the day it doesn't feel like it.. Charts are very impressive but if u do take a look at it closer, it looks like it was jsut brought up abit higher, abit of AFR maybe??.. with abit of throttle response work touched too, cause the only diff u see is that torque comes in slightly earlier BUT in drops earlier too.. then rising abit and sustaining till 6000rpm. I'm no guru in this but im just learning along the way too. trying other dynos can be another thing to do , but without a base run... it's almost useless to actually determine how much u've gained u see.. every dyno machine in spore is diff.. way diff.. BUT the gains are always the same .. i.e frm 200bhp to 220bhp at dyno shop A. Dyno shop B, 210bhp to 230bhp, so the gains should be the same.. unless the correction factor all abit cock up.. i noe of shops where u go in with a 340bhp car and u get a whopping 420bhp reading frm the dyno.. but u noe the turbo is only good for belowe 400bhp ;) ...

shaaz - spot on...

for me, no pre and post dyno, I would reserve my judgement...

But i know DMS is tried and tested proven to work and with hard figures... i wonder whats the difference between their product and the one above....

like someone pointed out - $1,000 can gain 30bhp whereas SC costs 5-6 times more and gain maybe 60-70 bhp.... wow.... big difference in dollar-to-powergain ratio...

shaaz;142276 said:
adding more stone chip, you drive to where ever and there still be stone chips, how do u screw up the rotor/pads??.. wear them out.. sure enough .. the 5 designed to drive in comfort.. damn.. then the M5 and the guys i've seen tracking the 5ers dun know what they doing aye?.

Cure abit of the pain??.. good to noe ur enjoying ur mod, just wondering .. i rem u saying after the ECU upgrade, ur car in D feels like in sports mode, so .. when ur'e in sports mode.. how does it feel now??

A couple of us will be at BVO and some at J4C... see ya soon...
Again its really up to you....I prefer to keep my 5 as a family car meant for point A to Point B.
Dun rem I made that statement about D Feels like S.. Coz I have yet to try Sports..
Like the D drive so will keep to it...

Yap See yah... I have seen some nice M3 at J4C and the Great White at BVO... very nicely done.

SMYUEN;142295 said:
shaaz - spot on...

But i know DMS is tried and tested proven to work and with hard figures... i wonder whats the difference between their product and the one above....

like someone pointed out - $1,000 can gain 30bhp whereas SC costs 5-6 times more and gain maybe 60-70 bhp.... wow.... big difference in dollar-to-powergain ratio...

In addition to ECU remap, what else can be done to gain another 10-20hp without breaking the bank?

SMYUEN said:
shaaz - spot on...

like someone pointed out - $1,000 can gain 30bhp whereas SC costs 5-6 times more and gain maybe 60-70 bhp.... wow.... big difference in dollar-to-powergain ratio... [/quote]

EXACTLY ... exactly brother....

shaaz;142293 said:
yea bro, haha.. i have my doubts but then again .. with the base run and a run after the ECU upgrade.. if it shows stunning numbers .. then .. hmm no say bozz.. but i rem a buddy of mine.. did a dyno run.. but he sed in the end .. on paper he gets so much but at the end of the day it doesn't feel like it.. Charts are very impressive but if u do take a look at it closer, it looks like it was jsut brought up abit higher, abit of AFR maybe??.. with abit of throttle response work touched too, cause the only diff u see is that torque comes in slightly earlier BUT in drops earlier too.. then rising abit and sustaining till 6000rpm. I'm no guru in this but im just learning along the way too. trying other dynos can be another thing to do , but without a base run... it's almost useless to actually determine how much u've gained u see.. every dyno machine in spore is diff.. way diff.. BUT the gains are always the same .. i.e frm 200bhp to 220bhp at dyno shop A. Dyno shop B, 210bhp to 230bhp, so the gains should be the same.. unless the correction factor all abit cock up.. i noe of shops where u go in with a 340bhp car and u get a whopping 420bhp reading frm the dyno.. but u noe the turbo is only good for belowe 400bhp ;) ...

Agree its not the absolute gain that is important, its the overall gain across the curve that will really affect your driveability. For the Reflash I done the gain at each rpm is very clear till 6000rpm both torque & BHP.

With regards to dyno machine all you need is ensure you use the same dyno before and after the remap, everything else is relative... more impt you want to find out that there is gain...

523KW - true... thats what I think everyone hear wants to know.... if there is REAL gain.... and how much is the real gain... once everyone is convinced, then this product will really fly off the shelves and into every 323/523 in town... :>

titanic - i learnt 2 things with all my cars.. one that there is no cheap or short cut way to get real and significant increase in power... you either:
1. Force-induce - turbo and supercharge
2. Put bigger engine...

all the car mods magazines will tell you that too... its hard for a single "simple" element to boost power by much...cos if there is, the maker would be multi billionaires cos everybody will want it...

i think the closest is DMS but that would cost you 3-5k... not 1k plus...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back