2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

sg520;528091 said:
I went to audi, looking at A6. They are clearing stocks...cos new A6 coming. A4 small, like 3 series. A8 damn big, my 70yo cannot handle.

What else? BMW, MERC and AUDI....conti only these 3 major brands...unless go for VW passat.

James, still got Jag XF. :)

when the E60 was launched locally, 520i was $204k - 16" wheels, no PDC, so bare it redefined the word. various iterations and price adjustments followed (E60 525i included). however the E60 530i's price in contrast hardly fluctuate over the product life-cycle.

i'm very sure F10 prices will come down. PML loves promos on their low-end 3 and 5, so be mindful if you're buying the low-end F10. in my view, better to wait for promos if you're getting the 523i.

getting a 535i sounds like a better idea but back to fundamental question : are you paying too much for toys you dont want and need? it'll be nice if there's a "535i Sport" variant. really, the F10 535i should have 19" wheels as standard for a start!

aMacUser;528150 said:
when the E60 was launched locally, 520i was $204k - 16" wheels, no PDC, so bare it redefined the word. various iterations and price adjustments followed (E60 525i included). however the E60 530i's price in contrast hardly fluctuate over the product life-cycle.

i'm very sure F10 prices will come down. PML loves promos on their low-end 3 and 5, so be mindful if you're buying the low-end F10. in my view, better to wait for promos if you're getting the 523i.

getting a 535i sounds like a better idea but back to fundamental question : are you paying too much for toys you dont want and need? it'll be nice if there's a "535i Sport" variant. really, the F10 535i should have 19" wheels as standard for a start!

Whilst much you write is true, it is always the FIRST to be seen in it. The 523s, whilst bare will probably be the easiest to sell later. For tech stuff such as cars etc.... if can wait, wait.... but there will always be something newer, nicer, cheaper etc.... so like tech stuff, when do you buy? Only your heart/wallet can heed that call.

+1

just see how many 318/320/520 on the roads .... wait patiently for promos

if you are aiming for top end, PML price hold quite steadily. i guess PML definition of bread&butter vs lifestyle product is distinctively differentiated with absolute control.

aMacUser;528150 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;528475 said:
+1

just see how many 318/320/520 on the roads .... wait patiently for promos

if you are aiming for top end, PML price hold quite steadily. i guess PML definition of bread&butter vs lifestyle product is distinctively differentiated with absolute control.
moral of the story is? buy high end coz more price protection.

535i - i also wish i could afford...sigh...loan approval for 523i also a problem now.

bmwmonster;528483 said:
535i - i also wish i could afford...sigh...loan approval for 523i also a problem now.
just get another family member to be a gurantee, sure can.

of if ur finances allow, throw in more cash, so ur monthly not so siong, hence approval will be easier.

Slater;528481 said:
moral of the story is? buy high end coz more price protection.

point is Sir, dont waste money just to be among first few to be seen in a F10. anyone among the "first" is just another face in the crowd couple of months later. superficialness is not exactly enduring.

take pleasure instead on counting your savings while waiting for a better deal. the F10 is a bread-and-butter car to them and the price envelope can only be pushed so much (at its limit already in my view).

with increasingly better service from other makes and more models coming, Joy Is Patience.

:)

bmwmonster;528483 said:

all the more you should not buy the F10, Sir. Joy Is Prudence.

Patience + Prudence = Joy :dance:

Let's wait for the facelifted F10 together .....

Slater;528490 said:
just get another family member to be a gurantee, sure can.

of if ur finances allow, throw in more cash, so ur monthly not so siong, hence approval will be easier.

Its a chicken and egg thing, buy high end more depreciation, buy low end lesser depreciation. So moral of story, follow your heart and enjoy what you own.

Jason8822;528533 said:
Patience + Prudence = Joy :dance:

Let's wait for the facelifted F10 together .....

Like that its never ending, don't buy the first batch of F10, wait for facelifted, then wait further for promos, ...... New model out liao :nehnehhh:

Like that its never ending, don't buy the first batch of F10, wait for facelifted, then wait further for promos, ...... New model out liao :nehnehhh:[/QUOTE]

But as usual - early batch of bm & merc are always plagued with technical glitches
And this F10 is a great leap technologically so its even more worrisome.
However, its a not so bad in the 5 because we have a 7 series which is like a test bed for those technologies.....

COE Cat B up by a whopping $10k (surge due to 5 launching soon ??). Wonder if PML would increase their prices !

very likely up their price if response to the new 5 is good

Read in another thread about F10 that the price for 523 went up by $8k. For sure, it will increase again.

Heard from SE that response to 5 is overwhelming, my indent order is now pushed to May production..probably only see car in July/Aug.

PML might just scxxw everyone who bought the 523 by introducing the 528 later in the cycle !

continual improvement mah .... at the expense of our interest la

Like Steam rising

Cat A
arrow_up.gif

$28,389​
catB.gif

Cat B
arrow_up.gif

$36,089​
catC.gif