2012 GTR shaves 6secs off 'Ring time'. 0-60 in 2.9seconds!

Re: 2012 GTR shaves 6secs off 'Ring time'. 0-60 in 2.9seconds!

Being an owner , i would say the GTR(modded) gives u the command over power that no other car in this world ( that i had ever driven ) can give you.

The M3 is more of a Elegant racer whereas the GTR is a Brutal Fully Track Focus Beast.

It would be better to compare the M3 GTS to the GTR but unfortunately i do not have a chance to drive the Orange Monster yet :D

Gtr track focus? Show me one that can do 5 laps. I will take u on over 5 laps.

GTR is a time attack machine
Nothing else.

Those of you might hv heard of GTR being raced in GT1 series, well it's just the body shell and name used......
The engine is 5L V8 NA ...

Haha.........Totoseow nailed it!

Jack : The 5L NA engine from Nissan too or from other manufacturer?

The race version of a GTR would have to lose a lot of weight from the road version. 600-800kg lighter is tough to do.. probably gets other breaks like bigger restrictors, etc.

Some claim a stock GTR with about 20K in cooling system upgrades will eliminate overheating even across 10 lappers. But at that weight, the tires....

R35 GTR in Australian 33 deg ambient air temp. 15 laps consecutively. Engine oil temp 150 deg. Instant warranty void (2009)

F458, ambient air temp give or take 2 deg variance. 11 laps consecutively, engine oil temp 84 deg.

Circuit info:
Average laptime for GTR about 56 seconds in length.

Elapsed Race Time for GTR approximately 8 mins

At both Shanghai and Sepang circuit, 458 gets up to 115-120 C oil temps in about 3 hotlaps and holds steady. Cools down quickly once off load a little while.. good cooling system, pretty light car.

Stock GTR up around 135+ on transmission temp (forget which), right around the same time the engine oil temps reach close to that level and the warnings all come on and it goes into limp mode . And all this in just 2 - 3 hotlaps. Major interruption. How did the Australian R35 reach 150 C oil temp without going into limp mode which would have effectively stopped the hotlapping anyway? The threshold is somewhere around 135 no?

Shaun;642448 said:
At both Shanghai and Sepang circuit, 458 gets up to 115-120 C oil temps in about 3 hotlaps and holds steady. Cools down quickly once off load a little while.. good cooling system, pretty light car.

Stock GTR up around 135+ on transmission temp (forget which), right around the same time the engine oil temps reach close to that level and the warnings all come on and it goes into limp mode . And all this in just 2 - 3 hotlaps. Major interruption. How did the Australian R35 reach 150 C oil temp without going into limp mode which would have effectively stopped the hotlapping anyway? The threshold is somewhere around 135 no?

The R35 GTR temp info was provided by a local dealer as I was in the market for the GTR and brought up the matter based on hearsay within the community. The dealer principal check with Service later confirmed that a particular R35 GTR had its warranty voided as engine oil temp reached 150 deg. This was discovered after the owner wanted to claim warranty on drivetrain.

A R35 owner in the know put me in touch with the alleged owner. The owner then confirmed that the warranty was voided but at that time while at the track, wasn't aware oil temps had reached 150deg as he was too busy driving.

Perhaps we can speculate the numbers got distorted along the way between Mechanics, Service Manager and Dealer Principal ?

As for F458, the owner is my long time highschool mate. It was a track day in which I organised. He appointed someone to time the laps as we did not have Dorians. Total laps: 11.

Upon entering the pits I asked him for the engine temps and I saw that it was 84 deg.

The F458 did 1 cool down lap prior pitting. I do not know if the driver of the GTR did a cool down lap.

Point at which oil temps were obtained:

F458's 84deg in pits. R35 GTR "peak temp" recorded via onboard computer.

Again bearing in mind, the race track is only 1.76km. Had I done a single 1.76km cool down lap in my Evo, there would have been a smoke screen in the pit lane emitted by AP Racing.

As to why the huge discrepancies in oil temps between both cars, I can only think of the point in time in which both temps were obtained.

As to why the F458 lasted longer than the R35 GTR, I am not mechanically well versed with both cars so I'm not going to try. F458 and GTR owners feel free to chime in as I'm keen in knowing.

I honestly don't think the extra 4 laps would've made the difference.

F458 lasts longer coz its 3 times more expensive
Toto says one

Welbo;642280 said:
Haha.........Totoseow nailed it!

Jack : The 5L NA engine from Nissan too or from other manufacturer?

Nissan has dropped the twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6 in favor of a naturally aspirated VK56DE 5.6-liter V8 engine putting out 600 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque.

Shaun;642339 said:
The race version of a GTR would have to lose a lot of weight from the road version. 600-800kg lighter is tough to do.. probably gets other breaks like bigger restrictors, etc.

Some claim a stock GTR with about 20K in cooling system upgrades will eliminate overheating even across 10 lappers. But at that weight, the tires....

Yupe.. that's why when they debut the ST1 car (Super Taikyu) in FUJI speedway last year, last than 1 stint, they have to come in and refuel + change tires..
Speed was there, but lose out in terms of pit in for changes.. the weight of the race ST1 car is similar to a road going Porky GT3 (1.4ton or so).. but buy at a cost of Sing$300K for a race car!! kaoz!

Both the GT1 and Super GT GTR uses the V8 engines.. none uses the Twin Tiewbo V6.. and none uses that gearbox.. hahaha..

TripleM;642510 said:
F458 lasts longer coz its 3 times more expensive
Toto says one

Based on the above, your GT3 can't last as long as F458 in track. :)

I just find it strange that the 458 can have sub-90 C oil temps shortly after hotlap. Even just cruising on a normal commute on the road in warm weather, to have water or oil temp sub 90 is unheard of. Alot of European manufacturers these days run nominal temps around 100 or even 110+ C to increase the thermal efficiency of the engines. Very often 6 - 12 km of cruise after a set of hotlaps is required to drop 15-25 C, and based on the peaks (115-120) seen I don't understand how it can get to 84 C so soon after hotlapping unless ambient temps are quite low (far below 30C) such that peaks while lapping are low, and drop crazy quick during 2km or less, of cooldown. Gotta take closer look

KiddyM2;642519 said:
Yupe.. that's why when they debut the ST1 car (Super Taikyu) in FUJI speedway last year, last than 1 stint, they have to come in and refuel + change tires..
Speed was there, but lose out in terms of pit in for changes.. the weight of the race ST1 car is similar to a road going Porky GT3 (1.4ton or so).. but buy at a cost of Sing$300K for a race car!! kaoz!

Both the GT1 and Super GT GTR uses the V8 engines.. none uses the Twin Tiewbo V6.. and none uses that gearbox.. hahaha..

Yah man..1.4 tons for a racecar is still overweight :( The GT1 version is down to around 1.2.. wonder how did did that.. some 500kg down from the road car.. nearly an entire F2000 car's mass removed!

The SGT GTR V8 is based the old Infiniti IRL engine that was developed in '97, slightly stroked, lower redline.

I really shouldnt get into this discussion as I dont have the $$$ to own any other car with similar performance so ugly or not - the GTR it is for me.

However, I will point out that one of my earliest stints at Sepang - I managed to wring 8 hot laps out of my car (might not have been as hot as some of the hotshots here think hot should be), but I ended up in the pits with my tyres giving way faster than my transmission. Or the engine.

The GTR is ugly - that's an opinion. It lacks soul - that's another opinion. But what Nissan have done at the price point they have done it at - no one can dispute (hopefully). I know people choosing the Jag XFR over the GTR or the M3 over the ISF, but nothing can take away the simple point that the amount of money you have to punt up to buy a GTR is quite good given the performance which comes out of the box - no mods.

Reaching to the other side - a little bit more in parts, the GTR will still be south of $400 but it will smoke 99.9% of the cars out there. Some of which cost much much more.

Just the opinion of a GTR owner - which is obviously biased.

Toto - when you get your MP4 - Ai race mai?

timechaser;643286 said:
I really shouldnt get into this discussion as I dont have the $$$ to own any other car with similar performance so ugly or not - the GTR it is for me.

However, I will point out that one of my earliest stints at Sepang - I managed to wring 8 hot laps out of my car (might not have been as hot as some of the hotshots here think hot should be), but I ended up in the pits with my tyres giving way faster than my transmission. Or the engine.

The GTR is ugly - that's an opinion. It lacks soul - that's another opinion. But what Nissan have done at the price point they have done it at - no one can dispute (hopefully). I know people choosing the Jag XFR over the GTR or the M3 over the ISF, but nothing can take away the simple point that the amount of money you have to punt up to buy a GTR is quite good given the performance which comes out of the box - no mods.

Reaching to the other side - a little bit more in parts, the GTR will still be south of $400 but it will smoke 99.9% of the cars out there. Some of which cost much much more.

Just the opinion of a GTR owner - which is obviously biased.

Toto - when you get your MP4 - Ai race mai?

u see the similarity between these 2 cars? mp4 vs gtr....3.8 TT

Yup! It is going to be down to the car and the driver - so I expect to be beaten handily given your skills on the circuit but I will give you a fight nevertheless!

Race on - at Sepang, not on the road. Even though the GTR is insanely fast in a straight line, I dislike the idea of dragging at the 40-lamp-posts.

ya me too...no road race. lets start with the lamb vs gtr.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lentoria28

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back