2012 M5 Test on Sat

Re: 2012 M5 Test on Sat

Clar, i call you how lian for posting pics of your car.... Cos i am green with envy, my eyes red with jealousy and i am sour grapes...... Haha. Beautiful.....Thanks for sharing

clar;738072 said:
Agree that the M3 is a better size in local context. However, I seriously doubt the F10's rear legroom "isn't that much more" than the M3. The F10 has a 3.2 inches longer wheelbase compared to the E60, which in turn is longer than the E92 M3.

I concur, the rear legroom for the f10 should be comparably more than the E9x...

clar;738072 said:
Agree that the M3 is a better size in local context. However, I seriously doubt the F10's rear legroom "isn't that much more" than the M3. The F10 has a 3.2 inches longer wheelbase compared to the E60, which in turn is longer than the E92 M3.

im 6 feet tall n when i push the M5 driver seat back, its not that much more space than M3, anyway id buy a 7 series if i wanted big legroom but my pt is the M5 isnt significantly more compelling than the M3... caveat is ive yet to drive the M5 for long term to give a real review its based on initial reaction, which is how most pple buy cars anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

golfgti;738113 said:
im 6 feet tall n when i push the M5 driver seat back, its not that much more space than M3, anyway id buy a 7 series if i wanted big legroom but my pt is the M5 isnt significantly more compelling than the M3... caveat is ive yet to drive the M5 for long term to give a real review its based on initial reaction, which is how most pple buy cars anyway...

If u push the M5 driver seat back, u need to do the same for the M3 to compare. In any case, who in the world buys an M car for legroom anyway??? If u are comparing the M3 (esp the E92) with the M5, you really aren't in the market for these cars to begin with.

jasonmaxima;738087 said:
Clar, i call you how lian for posting pics of your car.... Cos i am green with envy, my eyes red with jealousy and i am sour grapes...... Haha. Beautiful.....Thanks for sharing

No need to be jealous, bro :) If i had bought an E90 M3 in the first place, i could have saved myself the trouble now. I need a 4 door in the family. It's just that i am too big of a sucker for the E92. If i had been more sensible, i should just have bought the E90 M3 and call it a day :)

I tested M3 coupe, M3 sedan and M5 , among them M5 definitely is more spacious in leg room but not much . And head room is better too

Reeve;738154 said:
I tested M3 coupe, M3 sedan and M5 , among them M5 definitely is more spacious in leg room but not much . And head room is better too

Bro, think I can only test after cny.. How's the dct shift speed? I like the kick in drive logic 5 and 6.. Haha.. Cos M5 only got 3 levels..

clar;738141 said:
No need to be jealous, bro :) If i had bought an E90 M3 in the first place, i could have saved myself the trouble now. I need a 4 door in the family. It's just that i am too big of a sucker for the E92. If i had been more sensible, i should just have bought the E90 M3 and call it a day :)

Rear seat legroom of the f10 5 series is a little bit more than 3 series.... I know cos Mom has a f10 at home...(non M). i have to add, the f10 feels as broad (wide) when as dad's jag xjl....fills most regular sized car park lots. Parking at shaw center or chinatown pearl center is big nono...

I can drive and hold my wife's hand in the yam3 but feel like i am reaching over in the f10 and jag.

All these talk abt legroom. U guys are missing the point abt the M5, unlike me. I bought it becos of the big boot space. Thats what i told my wife anyway :p

clar

AWESOME!!!! Love it in FG!!!!

Makes me wanna go FG for my E92..........

Simply AWESOME.....Congrats!

Very Nice...........

cheers

clar;736147 said:
Different categories of cars. I would think one would compare the M5 against the Quattroporte.

yeah and in terms of performance, think will beat the crap outta QP.

M5 should as usual be rivaled against E class AMG, Audi RS6 and recently , the Panamera Turbo
Maybe Jag XF-R again but they aren't quite in the same power league now.

I think the XF-R has quite a comparable power output and 0-100kmh time to the M5 actually. It's a bit down on the numbers but certainly not by much.

just my 2p - i find the amg n rs (including the jag) cars a bit numb in the feel department as far as handing goes. the panamera i am unsure about as have had no personal experience with them as yet. i dunno if it a case of simply a slower steering rack or type of steering or wheelbase or simply gearing in general but i kinda feel the feedback is niot as feelsome as in the case of bm's. this is just a personal observation on my part.

Antz;739354 said:
Clar, do you happen to live in The trillium?

Yeah, u too?

been seeing a space grey M5 F10 at plaza sing... or is it just a bodykit normal F10....

saw the sg grey M5 also along bkt timah...

clar;739388 said:
Yeah, u too?

Haha my bro lives in the same block as you and whenever I visit him I'm always drooling over your FG m3! Don't know if you met my bro before he drives an white x1.

Gotta see your m5 one of these days! Hot sexy beasts! :drool:

Antz;739487 said:
Haha my bro lives in the same block as you and whenever I visit him I'm always drooling over your FG m3! Don't know if you met my bro before he drives an white x1.

Gotta see your m5 one of these days! Hot sexy beasts! :drool:

Have not met him before. These 2 days of CNY holidays are making my wait even longer. I should collect the barge before the end of the week. This is going to be a record run-in for me. I can't wait to give it the beans :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back