216d Grand Tourer

Hi, I just signed on the dotted line for a 216GT today. Add me to the chat group too. Lots to explore and learn abt this baby. Nine02FiveFour91Nine

Hi, I just upsized my wheels today. I'm surprised that there is no tyre sensor at the valve stem after removing the stock tyre from the rim. Does it means that our ride does not come with TPMS sensors although Idrive has the tyre pressure function ?

Tire pressure monitor TPM

It depends whether you have Tyre Pressure System, or Flat Tyre Monitor System

The TPM have added sensor in the wheel/rim and transmit back to the car computer - I believe US car get this as standard. You need to transfer the sensor to the new wheel for this.

Asia/PML car only gets Flat Tyre Monitor, which is a ABS base sensor system which monitor the rotation of the wheel against when it is being reset (tyre pressure pump & checked). This will work with any wheel/tyre since no added hardware. Just need to remember to "reset" everytime you change tyre/pressure, else it won't know when the tyre is "flat" or leaking air

Tire pressure monitor TPM

It depends whether you have Tyre Pressure System, or Flat Tyre Monitor System

The TPM have added sensor in the wheel/rim and transmit back to the car computer - I believe US car get this as standard. You need to transfer the sensor to the new wheel for this.

Asia/PML car only gets Flat Tyre Monitor, which is a ABS base sensor system which monitor the rotation of the wheel against when it is being reset (tyre pressure pump & checked). This will work with any wheel/tyre since no added hardware. Just need to remember to "reset" everytime you change tyre/pressure, else it won't know when the tyre is "flat" or leaking air

Thank you for the explanation.
So, most of our rides are on Flat tyre monitoring. Hope that it is sensitive enough to detect tyre leak :)

Checking back here again...
Guess many of the guys are already inside the groupchat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back