335i coupe advice & comments

Re: 335i coupe advice & comments

SUPAN;1002839 said:
Will you lose yr initial torque ?

Not sure of that.. But was told will increase 2-3hp

Don't worry about your low end high end..... look at the torque curve of your N54/N55 engine.....

My view: get the M3 - it comes with the sweet V8 that is currently on the new M5 with turbo.
This engine can be improved with supercharger and it's a great engine.

fredlim7007;1003499 said:
My view: get the M3 - it comes with the sweet V8 that is currently on the new M5 with turbo.
This engine can be improved with supercharger and it's a great engine.

Not suitable for everybody though.. Myself for instance dont like loud car.. Thats y get a 335 instead of m3.

Silent with some power is great.. Imagine u are already stress with work and the car keep buzzing.. Lol.

335 or 640 best candidate for me :)

335i silent ? Maybe the n55 engine but not the n54 ?

-BMW-;1003512 said:
Not suitable for everybody though.. Myself for instance dont like loud car.. Thats y get a 335 instead of m3.

Silent with some power is great.. Imagine u are already stress with work and the car keep buzzing.. Lol.

335 or 640 best candidate for me :)

Red_Bean_Bun;1003553 said:
335i silent ? Maybe the n55 engine but not the n54 ?
yup.. my 335 is rather quite silent.. i would say it is even more silent than my previous 320i.

only when you rev or the the first 1-2 gear. after that silent.. hehe.

btw im on n54 also.. stock

Cannot be.....All other parts being equal, m3 is loudest followed by 335 and 320.

Btw I'm sad ur avatar character died in F&F 6 as she's the most chio.

I think stock exhaust is by default not so loud, whether 320 or 335.

But all things and parts being equal, exhaust note from a 3.0L engine will sure be louder than that from a 2.0L. Similarly, all parts being equal, 3.0L sound also cannot beat 4.2L.

C3P0;1003595 said:

But all things and parts being equal, exhaust note from a 3.0L engine will sure be louder than that from a 2.0L. Similarly, all parts being equal, 3.0L sound also cannot beat 4.2L.

true, 1.6L and 2L also different...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

C3P0;1003595 said:

Yup.. For sure.

When accelerating 335 noisier. But when cruising at same speed I found that 335 is more silent.

Maybe also bcoz of diff tyres.. Using continental on 320I, goodyear on 335i

That's because there's a vacuum operated valve in the 335i exhaust ....... disable that and the exhaust would be loud.

Fyi - Valve opens only when revving above 4k rpm. While valve is closed, its very quiet.

Takes 15 minutes to disable. You would need a screw and a cable tie.

-BMW-;1003580 said:
yup.. my 335 is rather quite silent.. i would say it is even more silent than my previous 320i.

only when you rev or the the first 1-2 gear. after that silent.. hehe.

btw im on n54 also.. stock

ac323;1003601 said:
true, 1.6L and 2L also different...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Roofless also different..... because got no roof hence no insulation, can hear exhaust very clearly.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Red_Bean_Bun;1003618 said:
...Takes 15 minutes to disable. You would need a screw and a cable tie.
I believe for JB4 users there is an option to disable this too...;)

Je_taime;1003739 said:
I believe for JB4 users there is an option to disable this too...;)

Yes. JB4 can do it.

I don't have JB4 ...... Did it anyway using a screw and a cable tie.

Errr I m on performance exos so it is not really silent but I m loving it

Hi Guys,

Not sure if i can get any advise via this thread. Will try start a thread if not much reply here. Appreciate the 335 old birds to help.

I am planning to go ahead for a DP here. Understand a DP without a piggy back will result in CEL light ? Was advised to get JB4 or whatsoever names of piggy back out there.

I am not so keen on these piggy backs but however i am keen on the PPK 2 kit.

Anyone here can tell me if i get the PPK 2 kit and the DP, will there throw a CEL light ?

Midst of hanging myself for the PPK2 kit now. so any kind soul can help to guide me is deeply appreciated.

My car has DP and my JB was disabled. No CEL lights le.... or maybe it's because I heng...

Idea is to fool the ecu into not throwing a cel. It's not about having a piggyback.

SUPAN;1005938 said:
Hi Guys,

Not sure if i can get any advise via this thread. Will try start a thread if not much reply here. Appreciate the 335 old birds to help.

I am planning to go ahead for a DP here. Understand a DP without a piggy back will result in CEL light ? Was advised to get JB4 or whatsoever names of piggy back out there.

I am not so keen on these piggy backs but however i am keen on the PPK 2 kit.

Anyone here can tell me if i get the PPK 2 kit and the DP, will there throw a CEL light ?

Midst of hanging myself for the PPK2 kit now. so any kind soul can help to guide me is deeply appreciated.

Red_Bean_Bun;1005959 said:
Idea is to fool the ecu into not throwing a cel. It's not about having a piggyback.

thanks reply ...

could you guide how to fool the ECU ? any workshop can do that ? what sort of cost are we talking on this ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
typhu88bid

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back