730li e66 probs

Re: 730li e66 probs

Thomas7;1020383 said:
I'm back after MIA for more than 4 mths. Sure no one miss me. Fixed my engine at almost $10K (AMK Autopoint), front door brakes changes (thanks Jas for the intro to BM Auto). Now my E66 is much better than first bought in Jan 2013. Not forgetting changed my car to Pearl Yellow, dechrome, some pony stickers and gloss black roof. Soon to spray rims pearl black and some more pony stickers to convert it to M7 (if there is one in the first place) wannabe. lol

Wow 10k! change engine ah?

Feels like an ongoing list with this car

Hi guys been reading this thread. I'm also thinking of getting a 2008 730i.

Do you think a STA inspection would be able to catch some of the problems listed here?

I realised 2008 cars most don't come with PML service records.

Do you think
1) The mileage are tampered?
2) If the mileage is 120 to 140k is it still worth buying?

Thanks in advance. :)

Bring it to any sponsor workshop will be better and churn out fault odes

Marinabayresidence - just jump into it - imho, mileage is important but not crucial., I am beginning to relive the bimmer experience again - just bought a 06 E66 730Li.,

Unlike my previous Lexus, there are many more parts in a bimmer and she just need more tlc. I have invested about $2k to touch up the basics, the brakes et al. most unexpected are drive arm control and most feared, airmatic suspension...

So, just enjoy.

I drive E66.
Car was doing fine until brake pad worn alert came on.
About 1 week later, ABS, DSC, Brake Fault error came on, followed by unidentified Flat Tyre error.
Anybody have this experience?
Is it likely is it sensor / mother board problem or physical module problem just coincidence all error came together ?

Any Bros can advise?

If bring to PML for diagnosis but don't repair, will PML charge for car diagnostics?

I have an '05 E66, 1 owner (me), Mileage 67.7k km

Noticed recently that the rear right suspension would deflate when parked for more than a day or two. However, the 'collapsed' suspension would start to inflate fully upon ignition, sign of bad things to come?

i had this prob too. was quoted ard 1.7k. 2nd hand are $700+

My car developed this issue after I was out stationed for a week.

The rear right suspension "cock cock" even when I drove on regular uneven roads (which are common nowadays)..which makes it very uneasy to drive.

bit the bullet to change one side, although the manual recommended both sides! Ouch.

Hi all, I have a 2006 facelifted E66 that will reach 10 years this Oct 2016. The engine is still very good and car very quiet on road. Do you think its worthwhile to extend COE to keep this car? Any E66 owners thinking also of extending / or have extended COE? Tks and appreciate your advice.

Hi all, I have a 2006 facelifted E66 that will reach 10 years this Oct 2016. The engine is still very good and car very quiet on road. Do you think its worthwhile to extend COE to keep this car? Any E66 owners thinking also of extending / or have extended COE? Tks and appreciate your advice.

Ycl - you have to ask yourself when was the last time you changed high ticket items like the air suspensions at the back, the steering sensor etc. Also, do note you will lose the residual PARF rebate should you decide to renew. For 7 series, given the high OMV, may not be worthwhile if you extend say for 5 years.

Ycl - you have to ask yourself when was the last time you changed high ticket items like the air suspensions at the back, the steering sensor etc. Also, do note you will lose the residual PARF rebate should you decide to renew. For 7 series, given the high OMV, may not be worthwhile if you extend say for 5 years.

Tks Mr BMWM. Appreciate yr advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back