730li e66 probs

Re: 730li e66 probs

maxxx;946856 said:
gear box and door brakes already cost me close to $2k. And many others nitty gritty stuff. It's not perfect but for a car of that age and mileage it drives really well.

can PM me the supplier and cost of the door brakes/stop? I thinking of fixing for my front 2 doors, althought all keput. thanks :helpp!:

2 days ago, got my handbrake jam, cannot release. So mechanic came down to release manually and drive to workshop... damage $1,550 (730Li 2006 model, done 80,000km)

donaldho;951599 said:
2 days ago, got my handbrake jam, cannot release. So mechanic came down to release manually and drive to workshop... damage $1,550 (730Li 2006 model, done 80,000km)

Wow that's painful. So they also changed something? 2 days ago while checking for some parts from a shop, the freindly chap asked me not to use the handbrake and warned me that it might got jam. He said some driver just use the parking rather than the handbrake. Can someone advise if this is normal?

Thomas7;951711 said:
Wow that's painful. So they also changed something? 2 days ago while checking for some parts from a shop, the freindly chap asked me not to use the handbrake and warned me that it might got jam. He said some driver just use the parking rather than the handbrake. Can someone advise if this is normal?

Change modules. Actually can ignore the damage just disable the 'P'brake but the check light will comes up... Than again if got few more years to go must as well change it.

I was one of those who changed the parking brake module too. At first I didn't fix it, but one time, I accidentally engaged it, and it remained locked in that position. Luckily after forcefully driving out for a very short distance, it got disengaged.

I changed the actuator module at a damage of $1100. With my new brake actuator, whenever possible, I don't engage it anymore.

Just to share. Stockist can sell you the module at $800+.

nextreal;951776 said:
I was one of those who changed the parking brake module too. At first I didn't fix it, but one time, I accidentally engaged it, and it remained locked in that position. Luckily after forcefully driving out for a very short distance, it got disengaged.

I changed the actuator module at a damage of $1100. With my new brake actuator, whenever possible, I don't engage it anymore.

Just to share. Stockist can sell you the module at $800+.

Sorry, is it save to park without engaging the Parking Break? What happen if park on a slope?

nextreal;952166 said:
I have a different opinion, but quite a few workshop owners say that auto cars can safely park on slopes. I wouldn't try though.
It is definitely safe one. Parking gear is not neutral.

davidtch;952258 said:
It is definitely safe one. Parking gear is not neutral.

Looks like it's all boils down to individual whether to take the risk (if any) or not. Thanks all for your opinion.

Thomas7;952339 said:
Looks like it's all boils down to individual whether to take the risk (if any) or not. Thanks all for your opinion.
There is sort of like locking mechanism within GB itself. It is equivalent to engage in 1st gear in MT.

mambojumbo;930086 said:
From what I understand, for cars manufactured pre 09/2005, the valve cover is black and one of the differences are the breather hose from valve cover to oil separator.

Anyway in my 2 mths of ownership, I have encountered a few of the common problems on the car which are relatively cheap to fix.

1) Parking brake failure - ordered the replacement gears from odometergears.com $160usd.
2) DSC/ABS control unit failure (ABS/DSC/Servotronic/DTC/Cruise Control inactive lights up) - $800
3) Coolant tank leak - $160
4) Wear and tear replacement engine mounting, gearbox mounting, prop shaft flex disc, ATF + Filter, Oil Svc + Spark Plugs, Valve cover gasket, oil sump gasket - $1.9k

Plan to do the water pump and thermostat next, probably do the alternator($500 part) and AC Compressor($700 part) in the near future when changing the belt and tensioner.

Warning sign come on and have to do item 4 liao. May be not all but still at least $1.5K. sad

nextreal;954819 said:
Which warning sign? There are quite a few items in Item 4.

Engine oil pressure low. Engine will dirty with oil slum and oil cannot be pump up to lubricate the engine.

Hi,
can anyone here advise how much will a e66 body value worth?
with a mileage of 118k, dealer quote me only paper plus 5k, meaning body worth only 5k for a July 2006 make.

where can we find the market value of a body worth? I saw site for export of a 2006 e66 for almost 25k.

I like to know the answer to this too. I know 2 dealers quoted a ridiculously low $3k, and yet vaguely read of someone (in this forum, I think) who managed to get a value of $12k.

$25k may be the actual value the dealer gets before administrative, shipping and other overhead charges. Does it mean his profit is $25k minus the $5k your dealer quote?

nextreal;954819 said:
Which warning sign? There are quite a few items in Item 4.

Got warning sign meh? I dunno man haha, just replaced these when i got the car for peace of mind since these are all wear and tear.

I think body should be realistically 10-15k depending on supply and demand. I heard demand slowing down though so maybe that explains the low quotes.

730 has a poor body value bc it only found in some countries. As i recall when you dereg a car you need to export or cut the car in 6 mths, during which you need to house it at export zone at cost. Plus you could be selling the car to a middle man. So the best way is to find reputable EZ dealers.

mambojumbo;957258 said:
I think body should be realistically 10-15k depending on supply and demand. I heard demand slowing down though so maybe that explains the low quotes.

I agree with the supply and demand. The previous owner of my E66 told be a dealer offered him $8K for the body. Most dealers offered $5K only. If can get $15K I intend to sell mine. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back