730li e66 probs

Re: 730li e66 probs

Hmmm....talking about problems, i just replaced the 4 door booster/hydraulic today at a heavy price of 1k.
Although its working good now, but the damage is still on the higher side.

Dear Robee
I had the jerking problem before coming to a stop for my e66 745Li and the arctic wheel was found to be cracked and after it was changed there was no more jerking!
However mye66 did not come with a gps and I was thinking of buying a unit but price in Malaysia was quoted at rm20000! which I think is too high!
Any ideas from anyone to where I can buy such a gps unit in Singapore?
Thanks
Dhoh

Dear Robee
I had the jerking problem before coming to a stop for my e66 745Li and the arctic wheel was found to be cracked and after it was changed there was no more jerking!
However mye66 did not come with a gps and I was thinking of buying a unit but price in Malaysia was quoted at rm20000! which I think is too high!
Any ideas from anyone to where I can buy such a gps unit in Singapore?
Thanks
Dhoh

Dhoh;793816 said:

May I know what is "arctic wheel"?

Stanleyp;792197 said:
Hmmm....talking about problems, i just replaced the 4 door booster/hydraulic today at a heavy price of 1k.
Although its working good now, but the damage is still on the higher side.

Wow... That's ex... I bought the hydraulics from goldenlink, and got it changed at my regular worksshop. Total damage is $600plus.

While changing the hydraulics, I realise that what is spoilt is not the hydraulics, but the foam at the joint. The foam actually degraded and was no longer holding the hydraulics.

So I did a DIY on my 4 "spoilt" hydraulics, may come in handy 2 years later if the new ones spoil again. If there's guys here who are interested in the DIY, maybe I'll post the pics.

snappy;800495 said:
Wow... That's ex... I bought the hydraulics from goldenlink, and got it changed at my regular worksshop. Total damage is $600plus.

While changing the hydraulics, I realise that what is spoilt is not the hydraulics, but the foam at the joint. The foam actually degraded and was no longer holding the hydraulics.

So I did a DIY on my 4 "spoilt" hydraulics, may come in handy 2 years later if the new ones spoil again. If there's guys here who are interested in the DIY, maybe I'll post the pics.

Please post pictures. It will be useful for all. Thanks

The only down for me is the turning radius. Can't U turn with 2 lane. And parking at HDB lots attracts a lot of dings. Really smooth engine. But the leg room adjustable rear seat is worth all the trouble. My kids loves playing with the lumber support at the rear seat.

snappy;800495 said:

Yes, pls post pix cos mine one door always tends to spring back when opening on the first catch but ok when is wide open.

just discovered a new prob. whenever my car come to a stop or slow down at traffic light, there will be a jerk like dropping gear. is it a sign that my gearbox is gone? my is a E66 btw
anyone ever experience this prob before?

Hi. Just got my resale 2007 E66. It comes with original BMW dvd changer installed in trunk and two screens behind the head rests - all installed by PML when new. Problem is that ex Owner did not give my delaer the remote control and thus, could not activate the dvd player and 2 screens. I drive can only used to select "Aux" for the dvd sound to be played through the speakers.

Questions:

- where can I get the remote control locally asap? PML told me approx 3 working weeks to get from Germany. Too long a wait! Wiling to pay a good price if can get it now. Photo of remote control as attached and there's a BMW part no at bottom of remote control.

th_IMG-20120728-00645.jpg

- managed to borrow a remote control from friend's buddy and activated the dvd player and screens. Inserted a cd and few cartoon dvds. Cd played the songs well through aux output (car speakers) and screens are blue colour with song track no displayed - perfect. But when playing my son's cartoon dvd (tried 4 discs - all original bought from shops locally), the screen kept mentioning disc error. Called PML and inquire whether it's region code problem for the dvd, they mention maybe my dvds are low quality even they are originals. The BMW dvd changer can only play certain dvds and normally high quality. I think it's crap lor - even my Lexus GS300 or wife Hond Fit can play these same dvds - same as house dvd players. So is BME dvd changer really that sensitive and useless? Does the dvd changer comes with region code setting or multi code already? If PML is to check my DVD player, needs my remote control also which I do not have now.

Appreciate any advice from all the bros here........

Thanks

Hi all, I am a newbie and am thinking of getting a 2006 or 2007 730Li. Really appreciate all your advice before I make the plunge. Is it a problematic car? Is the gear ok? There are a few in SG Carmart with relatively 'good price' in today's context. Dep - 13K or 14k. Do you think it's ok to buy?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobalam11

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back