Accident claim - will this be allowed?

C3P0

Hi all,
Just to check, is the following claim by an accident vehicle reasonable?

1) Vehicle #1 brake. Vehicle #2 bang into #1.
Results - Vehicle #1 rear bumper and Vehicle #2 front bumper/bonnet badly damaged. This is because the impact was quite powerful.

2) I, being the 3rd vehicle, bang into Vehicle #2, lightly.
Results - Vehicle #2's rear bumper got a scratch. No dent. For my car, only the licence plate cracked. The damage is low because the impact was only a light "thud", not a huge "bang".

As the damage was so small between #2 and myself, we went to a workshop, seek opinion, etc, and we settle privately on the spot ($50 for spraying the scratched rear bumper).

Now 3 months later, Vehicle #2 claim >$5 thousand insurance for damage to own vehicle on me. Is this reasonable? How to write in to explain to insurance company?

Re: Accident claim - will this be allowed?

sigh...u shud hv made him signed a note...say this issue settle etc..now u can only use foto claims as evidence i guess.

totoseow;438139 said:
sigh...u shud hv made him signed a note...say this issue settle etc..now u can only use foto claims as evidence i guess.
The person signed, but I misplaced the note :|

den u go find the note lor

robot sibei rich ah....anyway, usually chain collision, last car will kena but if u say yours small scratch, better to find the darn paper lah robot....the money can be better used to buy more diapers n milk powder hor for your baby gal. even if claim insurance, buay soong cos your ncb kena makan and your premium increases

Try to get the guy Car#2 to sign again.
This is also the reason why now it is compulsory to report any incident, no matter how small.
The workshops who handle the claims, always try their best to inflate the bill and find a scape goat. Even if you settle privately, you need to inform the insurer.

I think I can't find the note liao...sob....

But for that owner to claim >$5k, he has to prove that I caused the damage... I wonder how he can do that? Or can I dispute his claim?

workshops can always create the proof !
you may need to hire a lawyer to fight the case, since your insurer will not want to defend you because they were not informed.

C3P0;438170 said:
I think I can't find the note liao...sob....

But for that owner to claim >$5k, he has to prove that I caused the damage... I wonder how he can do that? Or can I dispute his claim?

C3PO,
its either a private case (you sue him for false declaration if u hv photos to prove)
or its a PUBLIC CASE ... go to small claims tribunal and shout KNNBCCB to the fella n KBKP to the judge.:)
for now, you say he send u claim, I presumed its a lawyer's letter?
so u need a letter to refute that claim to counter-sue?
then he submit his claim to his insurance, who in turn send claim to yr insurance...then yr ins send u letter to cfm the case...so did u call yr insurance abt this so call "small incident"?
if no, i can only say "eat-6"
the conclusion, you will pay higher premium next yr bcos u lost yr note!

but on the bright side, if yr luck prevail, the ba%$#@d may be the biggest loser...
:lol2:
Amibuta
may god bless you

I'm in the same situation as you. I have a Taxi claimed me 6k in total, 4.2k for repair of two doors. That is crazy man. Is there anything i can do, i am pretty sure 2 doors dont cost 4.2k.

edlms;438184 said:
which workshop did you go to to seek opinion? he can give evidence on your behalf...

cheers
Good idea. The workshop is opposite the old Bt Merah Safra. I'll drop by and ask him to write me something....

JLMC;438186 said:
C3PO,
its either a private case (you sue him for false declaration if u hv photos to prove)
or its a PUBLIC CASE ... go to small claims tribunal and shout KNNBCCB to the fella n KBKP to the judge.:)
I think I'll go and KBKP to the small claims tribunal....

JLMC;438186 said:
for now, you say he send u claim, I presumed its a lawyer's letter?
so u need a letter to refute that claim to counter-sue?
then he submit his claim to his insurance, who in turn send claim to yr insurance...then yr ins send u letter to cfm the case...so did u call yr insurance abt this so call "small incident"?
if no, i can only say "eat-6"
the conclusion, you will pay higher premium next yr bcos u lost yr note!

but on the bright side, if yr luck prevail, the ba%$#@d may be the biggest loser...
:lol2:
Amibuta
may god bless you
I received a letter from my insurance company saying that this car owner has claimed own damage insurance against me.
No lah, only number plate crack and scratch the size of the 50 cents coin, somemore throughout the whole accident I was carrying my baby. Forget all about insurance liao lah:verysad: .
If I didn't remember wrongly, the driver is not the owner of the car. The owner is his brother.

MichaelNgYanHan;438193 said:
I'm in the same situation as you. I have a Taxi claimed me 6k in total, 4.2k for repair of two doors. That is crazy man. Is there anything i can do, i am pretty sure 2 doors dont cost 4.2k.
Oh dear, so what happened in the end? can share with me how you dispute the claim?

I'm going down to request the receipt for the repairs. I'm not going to pay for anything else other than the two doors unless he specifically stated how the accident caused damage to the other parts which he repaired.

Robot, I hijack your thread for one coffee ok :)

This morning a taxi nudged into my rear bumper, minor thing. I made him sign a statement on the spot claiming full responsibility.

J4C assessed, most likely just a touch up will do, no need to change bumper/claim insurance. Damage about $300+. I told the cabby $400 to settle, he said ok.

BUT.

He "needs time" to cough up the money. Initially wanted to pay in two installments, I said no, then he said tonight will Internet-transfer to my bank account. My friends ask, if he can transfer, he has cash no? Maybe he has no money yet, maybe it's someone else account, whatever, I dunno and didn't think of that. But if I don't see the money tomorrow morning then will go claim the heck out of him, or else bite the bullet and settle my own $300+.

Meantime, I won't lose the statement like Robot did :p but does it mean I'm safe?

P.S. the touchup won't be done yet in case we need to call in the insurance surveyors.

The owner is trying to make me pay for his front bumper/bonnet repair cost, which is not caused by our car's impact but by the impact between his car and the first car in front - which happened to be an E46 too :whattheh: ;)

Ya oilman bro, don't lose it like me ! :lol:

"The owner is his brother."?

maybe his brother did not insure him as driver, then you got a case to counter-sue back, for illegal usage hence his ins co cannot claim on his behave.
:nutkick:

Oilman;438204 said:
Robot, I hijack your thread for one coffee ok :)

This morning a taxi nudged into my rear bumper, minor thing. I made him sign a statement on the spot claiming full responsibility.

J4C assessed, most likely just a touch up will do, no need to change bumper/claim insurance. Damage about $300+. I told the cabby $400 to settle, he said ok.

BUT.

He "needs time" to cough up the money. Initially wanted to pay in two installments, I said no, then he said tonight will Internet-transfer to my bank account. My friends ask, if he can transfer, he has cash no? Maybe he has no money yet, maybe it's someone else account, whatever, I dunno and didn't think of that. But if I don't see the money tomorrow morning then will go claim the heck out of him, or else bite the bullet and settle my own $300+.

Meantime, I won't lose the statement like Robot did :p but does it mean I'm safe?

P.S. the touchup won't be done yet in case we need to call in the insurance surveyors.

Oilman,
just make sure you report this to yr ins if u want to play safe, for as far as I remember and experience, taxi r the MOST "chau-kuan" ,especially under NTUC (purely nie-tiao-le-xi! in teochew) :stfu:
but depending on yr case, maybe yr NCD is not affected..

otherwise, to play safe on yr 50% NCD, just remind that fella to pay up.
else, u send in ah long over to spray xiao or ask someone to sneeze H1N1 to his house
other than that, still dont pay? LL lor (think abt yr NCD)

JLMC;438214 said:
"The owner is his brother."?

maybe his brother did not insure him as driver, then you got a case to counter-sue back, for illegal usage hence his ins co cannot claim on his behave.
:nutkick:

Ya hor, maybe I can use that as a weapon. Good idea! :thumbsup:

C3P0;438209 said:
The owner is trying to make me pay for his front bumper/bonnet repair cost, which is not caused by our car's impact but by the impact between his car and the first car in front - which happened to be an E46 too :whattheh: ;)

Ya oilman bro, don't lose it like me ! :lol:

Is the E46 owner here as well??

JLMC;438220 said:
otherwise, to play safe on yr 50% NCD, just remind that fella to pay up.

Thanks man... yeah let's see how it goes. Motor insurance in Singapore is really a lose-lose deal. :shakehea:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back