advise for 520i

Re: advise for 520i

rt333;765098 said:
Stock is the best...if wan more power then go for 528 or 535...:shakemyb:

Btw if u chose Q5, beware that 2.0T will eat engine oil so u need to refill when driving...Unless u go for Q5 3.2

Huh? this is something new to me... what is it so special about Q5 2.0T?? sorry to deviate a little from the title...

Last edited by a moderator:

kwekey;765126 said:
Huh? this is something new to me... what is it so special about Q5 2.0T?? sorry to deviate a little from the title...

I also did not know abt it until was told by my friend and confirm by Audi se. Their 1.8T and 2.0T engine will eat engine oil so be prepared to keep a small pint of engine oil in the car so can refill if engine oil level decrease...

ac323;765101 said:
not M5???

* Q Series very Soccer mum ( hitmee say one )
cheers
Value for $$ is F10 525D

218hp & 450nm torque.

Urban cycle: 16.9km/L.

davidtch;765301 said:
Value for $$ is F10 525D

218hp & 450nm torque.

Urban cycle: 16.9km/L.

Wah fc very gd....How much? Btw the road tax for this kind of car 525d how much?

Does the engine sound like those lorry? But if get d engine cannot buy white coz later bumper will become off white then grey then black..haha...

rt333;765328 said:
Wah fc very gd....How much? Btw the road tax for this kind of car 525d how much?

Does the engine sound like those lorry? But if get d engine cannot buy white coz later bumper will become off white then grey then black..haha...
U need to be re-educate on diesel. With Euro IV, there will be no soots from diesel engine unless u pump Euro II diesel (which will destroy Diesel Particulate Filter).

Special tax for diesel car is $798.

I compared 528 vs 525d, need to drive 7.6k km around the island to breakeven the special tax.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidtch;765353 said:
U need to be re-educate on diesel. With Euro IV, there will be no soots from diesel engine unless u pump Euro II diesel (which will destroy Diesel Particulate Filter).

Special tax for diesel car is $798.

I compared 528 vs 525d, need to drive 7.6k km around the island to breakeven the special tax.

Wah tax is def affordable. Some more diesel cheaper then petrol. Probably next few yrs, sgp will have more d cars just like in europe. as it's pretty new and pple here are still pretty conservative on d cars.

Any idea wats th price ag for 525d?

Ya, but dun forget. Thats what makes diesel more expensive than petrol
like in the states.

I dunno how the 525d sounds.... But the Jag Xf diesel 2.2
puts me off... Cos it sounds like my van

rt333;765369 said:
Wah tax is def affordable. Some more diesel cheaper then petrol. Probably next few yrs, sgp will have more d cars just like in europe. as it's pretty new and pple here are still pretty conservative on d cars.

Any idea wats th price ag for 525d?
In Germany, it is the same price as 528. I guess it would be the same here as long as both cars has the same option.

dfiris;765402 said:
Ya, but dun forget. Thats what makes diesel more expensive than petrol
like in the states.
525d urban FC is 40% less than 528. Even diesel is the same price as petrol, there will still be 40% saving.

dfiris;765447 said:
I dunno how the 525d sounds.... But the Jag Xf diesel 2.2
puts me off... Cos it sounds like my van
On idling, it will definitely sound like a van. Even Mini Cooper S also the same. On the move, 6 pot diesel will sound like 6 pot petrol. I m not sure how 4 pot diesel on the move sound like.

dfiris;765416 said:
And k forget about pumping in malaysia cos the diesel is lower grade
Diesel in Msia is still Euro II. Pump definitely can. But need to change Diesel Particulate Filter more loh. Anyway, can do return trip to KL w/o any refill in btw.

Do u guys do run in for ur new ride? Will be getting my F10 520 soon so asking ard as I last drove a jap car and need to do run in...

rt333;765962 said:
Do u guys do run in for ur new ride? Will be getting my F10 520 soon so asking ard as I last drove a jap car and need to do run in...

Hi rt,

yes most of us do but not C3PO...........
try not to rev above 4000rpm............drive at 80km to 120km still fine.......
1500km should be a good number for running in......

enjoy
cheers

BMW already ran in from factory according to my SE. Still to be safe, first 2k don't go over 5k rpm.

st8800;765969 said:
BMW already ran in from factory according to my SE. Still to be safe, first 2k don't go over 5k rpm.

wow, so high???

cheers

i go according to car manual not to exceed 6k for first 1k km

Yah 1k km run in moderate speeds not above 3500rpm n then change oil to remove metallic substances. After tat u can try to
Cheong from Sg to Thailand in 5 hours. Turbo

MW;766030 said:
Yah 1k km run in moderate speeds not above 3500rpm n then change oil to remove metallic substances. After tat u can try to
Cheong from Sg to Thailand in 5 hours. Turbo

Hearsay Clara can do it in 4.

I would like to ask the bros here who wash their 520i themselves,
don't u find the 17" stock rims a headache to wash? Especially the
small "long gao" behind the spokes?

I kinda of fed up after the first wash and decided to
$1k for upgrade to the 18" V spoke 328 rims with CS3
SSR tyres. Much easier to wash and look nicer.

dfiris;766046 said:
I would like to ask the bros here who wash their 520i themselves,
don't u find the 17" stock rims a headache to wash? Especially the
small "long gao" behind the spokes?

I kinda of fed up after the first wash and decided to
$1k for upgrade to the 18" V spoke 328 rims with CS3
SSR tyres. Much easier to wash and look nicer.

Bro, you need a maid - like Bro Dinosaur Hunter's HERE

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back