Aftermarket speakers for F20

Re: Aftermarket speakers for F20

AE - is it Autoimage Enterprise at Amtech building (beside V-Kool) ?

Hope they have suitable speaker for our F20 without adding audio processor/touch wiring system from hu etc (don't want to void warranty).

Hmmm looks like we should hv a small 'shopping' meetup..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

leslie11;862254 said:
I just collected my car and frankly, the speakers don't sound too bad. I expected it to sound much worse.

I have to agree with you here.:)

The system is not bad.

Btw there should be a small amp in the boot. Should make wiring etc easier too:)

Would also like to do a simple upgrade in the near future. So if there are any bros here who have done an upgrade, do share your reviews:)

Cheers.:)

baazlee;862393 said:
I have to agree with you here.:)

The system is not bad.

Gee.. my expectations must hv increased unknowingly..

Found something.. this must be the subs.. funny thing is it's underneath BOTH the front seats..

vf47;862564 said:
Found something.. this must be the subs.. funny thing is it's underneath BOTH the front seats..

That should be the 6.5 inch bass speakers. Standard for our cars.
Yes both sides.

check under your boot liner. There should also be a small amp next to the fuse box:)

cheers.:)

vf47;862408 said:
Gee.. my expectations must hv increased unknowingly..

Haha. For what it's worth it's not bad la. Matches the my previous car's stock system even without a tweeter.

It goes pretty deep for a stock system. I suppose mid bass is a little weak but at least it still plays clean at high volumes.

I also realise that i need difference eq for cd and mp3s.

Finally, setting the fade to equal front and rear seems to put back some of the mid bass but turn your head and you'll hear the rear speakers messing up the front sound stage:)

overall not that bad. You should listen to the stock system on the previous 1 series.

baazlee;862568 said:
That should be the 6.5 inch bass speakers. Standard for our cars.
Yes both sides.

check under your boot liner. There should also be a small amp next to the fuse box:)

cheers.:)

U mean the "white" amp?

baazlee;862574 said:
Haha. For what it's worth it's not bad la. Matches the my previous car's stock system even without a tweeter.

It goes pretty deep for a stock system. I suppose mid bass is a little weak but at least it still plays clean at high volumes.

I also realise that i need difference eq for cd and mp3s.

Finally, setting the fade to equal front and rear seems to put back some of the mid bass but turn your head and you'll hear the rear speakers messing up the front sound stage:)

overall not that bad. You should listen to the stock system on the previous 1 series.

Thanks and exactly hw I felt.. mid bass is very weak.. but really? 2 6.5" subs? Or just empty housing? Ha! But very good info for me.. thanks!

TabbySan;862269 said:
AE - is it Autoimage Enterprise at Amtech building (beside V-Kool) ?

Hope they have suitable speaker for our F20 without adding audio processor/touch wiring system from hu etc (don't want to void warranty).

AE is audio edge at toh guan there...

vf47;862582 said:
U mean the "white" amp?

Nope. That's for the power seat.

the silver one in the boot next to the fuse box.
By Harman Becker irrc:)

vf47;862587 said:
Thanks and exactly hw I felt.. mid bass is very weak.. but really? 2 6.5" subs? Or just empty housing? Ha! But very good info for me.. thanks!

Should be two. Unless my ears are cheating me:)

I believe the previous generation had only one.

Cheers

Viper76;862609 said:
AE is audio edge at toh guan there...

Actually I think AE is no longer in operation, I think it's now called Pitstop. Ah Huat left the company, a pity cos he is a friendly guy, not pushy at all.

leslie11;862631 said:
Actually I think AE is no longer in operation, I think it's now called Pitstop. Ah Huat left the company, a pity cos he is a friendly guy, not pushy at all.

AE is still there ....think merge with pitstop...i jus went there on friday to dismantle my wife previous ride hu....the AE installer guys is there n still recognise them,,,

Viper76;862640 said:
AE is still there ....think merge with pitstop...i jus went there on friday to dismantle my wife previous ride hu....the AE installer guys is there n still recognise them,,,

Okie, so what did you get? I stay near Chuan Sing in Serangoon Gdns and I was recommended Focal or Helix n the Apline sound processor. Can use back my old amps and active sub.

baazlee;862624 said:
Nope. That's for the power seat.

the silver one in the boot next to the fuse box.
By Harman Becker irrc:)

Is that the amp? Tot so initially but on closer look, there a label on it that says 'com box'. Confusing. Btw am quite peeved with difference in volume level when I switch between radio and CD player.

Same level in CD will be LOUD in radio when I switch over. Vice versa in reverse when radio to CD.

Link to amp from real OEM RealOEM.com BMW F20 116i Amplifier / bracket

seb033;862867 said:
Is that the amp? Tot so initially but on closer look, there a label on it that says 'com box'. Confusing. Btw am quite peeved with difference in volume level when I switch between radio and CD player.

Same level in CD will be LOUD in radio when I switch over. Vice versa in reverse when radio to CD.

Link to amp from real OEM RealOEM.com BMW F20 116i Amplifier / bracket

Dunno leh. I might be wrong:) I've been meaning to disconnect it to see what happens but no time. My car is currently used as school bus and mommy is the bus captain.

I'll report back when i get a chance to. AFAIK, Harmon Becker does oem audio for bimmers and the Harmon Kardon ones are the HiFi sound and logic 7 options that we don't get with our cars here. Hence i figure that it probably is some sort of amp.

Maybe I'll go poke about tonight and see see look look.

hopefully my guess is right or I'll look like a proper fool:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back