Aftermarket speakers for F20

Re: Aftermarket speakers for F20

source:
Harman Kardon BMW 1 Sedan

PML might offered diff package / or need to pay extra $$ as upgrade option ...

HarmanKardonspeaker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I went to AE and got a quote for Audison tweeters, crossovers and install my old active sub + labout for $700+, note this uses the stock 4" mid (just to see if can save some money).

There is a package for some in-house brand setup for $1288.

All in, I don't think I'll do with them cos the range is really limited. Didn't have time to cross over to Nam Huat but I'll go Chuan Sing and see what they say.

Hi guys, guess I was wrong.... sigh, now I look stupid.

Just spent 15 mins poking around in the dark and finally took a picture of the "amp" then went back upstairs to key in the part number into real oem.com...

It's the blue tooth + usb package la.... silly me.....

click on the link : RealOEM.com BMW F20 116i Combox

at least I tried..... so I disconnected it and true enough, the usb not working, but then no sound with CD or Radio either.....

Now we know....

Anyone here done the upgrade yet? Any reviews?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
baazlee;863303 said:

Just spent 15 mins poking around in the dark and finally took a picture of the "amp" then went back upstairs to key in the part number into real oem.com...

at least I tried..... so I disconnected it and true enough, the usb bit working, but then no sound with CD or Radio either.....

Now we know....

Cheers

Bro we learn from each other lah.. if u from PML of cos will kena tero tero.. haha..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

baazlee;863303 said:

at least I tried..... so I disconnected it and true enough, the usb bit working, but then no sound with CD or Radio either.....

Now we know....

Cheers

Aiya, initially I tot that was the amp too until I toyed with the idea of bypassing it with my Steg 401. We all learn from each other.

I'm half suspecting that our rides do not come wif amps but merely drawing power from the headset, which explains the difference in volume level when switching between CD and radio. The former requires more power to run resulting in the need to compensate the loss in volume level.

Just my neng jiam, I could be wrong

Haha thanks for the kind words:)

btw have you noticed that the front and rear speakers are high passed with the bass channeled to the underseat speakers? and they seem to be high passed at different frequencies?

i wonder how that would impact the wiring of after market amps. It would mean that tapping the output of the head unit would lead to an already filtered signal.

i guess if u wana improve sound can go for audison bit one or the latest bit then processor...tis one can def improve the sound of the stock hu.....and of cos if pocket deep enough can change speakers as well...frm wat i learn frm my SA the stock speakers frm frm philips...tats wat he says...

leslie11;862644 said:
Okie, so what did you get? I stay near Chuan Sing in Serangoon Gdns and I was recommended Focal or Helix n the Apline sound processor. Can use back my old amps and active sub.

i didn;t get anything there...jus went there dekit hu frm old ride....

Viper76;863347 said:
i guess if u wana improve sound can go for audison bit one or the latest bit then processor...tis one can def improve the sound of the stock hu.....and of cos if pocket deep enough can change speakers as well...frm wat i learn frm my SA the stock speakers frm frm philips...tats wat he says...

I think must change speakers if you add a processor if not you won't get the full impact of the change. I'm looking at the bit one or hxa800, anyone else? Hopefully can knock a couple hundred off.

Viper76;862257 said:
There's a guy going to do his sound system at AE today . Heard he bought grandel( hope I get the brand spelling right or sounds like tat ) component speakers originally made for BMW car system. Damage is abt $1.3k. The installer told me is a new 1 series guy doing the installation today.

Hi Viper,
I think that would have been referring to me *not guy* :dance:
Got the Gladen system (One line 200, 3-way) GLADEN GERMAN TECHNOLOGY Compo Coax Loudspeaker
Installed Focal amp that was from my previous ride, so damage quoted is correct ;)

Post your impressions, it's not easy finding stuff for this car!

leslie11;863752 said:
Post your impressions, it's not easy finding stuff for this car!

Hi Leslie,

So far only 2 days into it.
Sound was a bit bright right after installation, it's getting more decent as days go by. Clear highs and mids, bass seems a bit weak so may have to tweak the bass settings (no intention to add sub), have yet to play much with the settings though.

Unfortunately I'm not too techie so cannot offer more in-depth review, just know that I'm enjoying it and the new set-up definitely beats the stock.

Thanks for the info n review. Post pics if you can, it'll brighten up a boring Tues.

leslie11;863775 said:
Thanks for the info n review. Post pics if you can, it'll brighten up a boring Tues.

Yes yes pics please:) especially the tweeter placement:)

I just got back from Chuan Sing and they quoted the a good setup at an even better price, Audison Bit One, Focal KRX3, 2 Mosconi amps for $7.1k! This looks like a case of "look at customer and quote accordingly"

Chuan Sing, Nam Huat and AE were pushing the Audio System or Gladen setup, Audio System Europe GmbH : The Official Site. Damage is $1218 doesn't come with amp, just speakers. No demo set anywhere, only in Shaynne's car...hint hint

leslie11;864018 said:
I just got back from Chuan Sing and they quoted the a good setup at an even better price, Audison Bit One, Focal KRX3, 2 Mosconi amps for $7.1k! This looks like a case of "look at customer and quote accordingly"

Chuan Sing, Nam Huat and AE were pushing the Audio System or Gladen setup, Audio System Europe GmbH : The Official Site. Damage is $1218 doesn't come with amp, just speakers. No demo set anywhere, only in Shaynne's car...hint hint

Why don't you give the stock unit a chance?

It's actually quite decent for no $$ :)

Yep, the stock is not bad, but I want to see what I can do with $1k. If the end result is nothing significant then I guess it'll turn from ICE budget to Piggyback budget!

leslie11;864029 said:
Yep, the stock is not bad, but I want to see what I can do with $1k. If the end result is nothing significant then I guess it'll turn from ICE budget to Piggyback budget!

1k? Divert it to piggy lah. But make sure you choose the right pig, else you oink oink wrong way :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back