Aftermarket speakers for F20

Re: Aftermarket speakers for F20

Not completed yet, I had to rush off to the airport, gotta go down again.
They could not solve the soft noise coming out when the car is not even on, prob must change the amp.

leslie11;867189 said:
Not completed yet, I had to rush off to the airport, gotta go down again.
They could not solve the soft noise coming out when the car is not even on, prob must change the amp.

Did they say if the output is filtered?

or is it full range and then passively filtered:)

Speak in simpler english if you don't mind, my vocab isn't quite there yet.

leslie11;867257 said:
Speak in simpler english if you don't mind, my vocab isn't quite there yet.

Er, is there extra crossover box from the head unit to the original stock speakers? If so, which ones?

Hope I'm making sense:)

baazlee;867388 said:
Er, is there extra crossover box from the head unit to the original stock speakers? If so, which ones?

Hope I'm making sense:)

Thanks for trying, it is a direct swap of speakers with an addiction of crossover & amp w built in DSP.

leslie11;867400 said:
Thanks for trying, it is a direct swap of speakers with an addiction of crossover & amp w built in DSP.

Hehe, think you misunderstood:)

I meant the original stock speakers got cross over or not?

I'm asking because I'm planning use my old amp so if there are passive crossovers already installed it the stock system's speakers then it would likely mean that the head unit is putting out full range signal plus some eq probably.

Stock speakers don't have crossovers, they are full range speakers driven by HU only.

On a side note, Nam Huat tuned my car properly today and I'm a lot more happier now. Now just need a month or two to break it in.

Shaynne;863731 said:
Hi Viper,
I think that would have been referring to me *not guy* :dance:
Got the Gladen system (One line 200, 3-way) GLADEN GERMAN TECHNOLOGY Compo Coax Loudspeaker
Installed Focal amp that was from my previous ride, so damage quoted is correct ;)

oh hi shaynne ..opps paiseh dunoe who ma so i presume guy lor...so u into ice as well ? hw's the sound system ?? gd?

leslie11;867572 said:
Stock speakers don't have crossovers, they are full range speakers driven by HU only.

On a side note, Nam Huat tuned my car properly today and I'm a lot more happier now. Now just need a month or two to break it in.

Strange:) I'm tot the 4 inch speakers would have been high passed:) so maybe it'll be ok to use my existing amps after all:)

now backside itchy liao:)

enjoy your new setup:)

Munich Auto will do the Alpine upgrade - from the reviews, it seems like a decent upgrade. Yes, I'm totally being poisoned. Decided to change rims to 118 rims...-_-

aredstone;867968 said:
Munich Auto will do the Alpine upgrade - from the reviews, it seems like a decent upgrade. Yes, I'm totally being poisoned. Decided to change rims to 118 rims...-_-

Haha. You'll change that too soon.

aredstone;867968 said:

How much is it? If not significant it might be better to look at other options.

How much is what? The Alpine upgrade is under 2K. I'm likely to get the rims from a forummer and then trade mine in? I think 118 rims much nicer. SA says car ready next week.

Sorry i wasn't clearer. Good luck with the Alpine upgrade, it'll be interesting to know how it sounds compared to other aftermarket brands.

Trade in for your 116 rims + tyres is about $800, try Hurry or Leong Seng, maybe they can give you a slightly better for your trade in or your new tyres.

Also, congrats on the good news, I'm sure you'll miss your MCS but you'll surely enjoy your new BMW!

Hey Leslie,

We should do a count and see how many others got poisoned.
Btw, how's the active setup? Mine is passive setup, coz I saw how much trouble my friend had with her active setup and having to re-tune for countless times so I decided the hassle-free way.

Yeah I'll miss my car - hopefully I'll love the new one.

Okay thanks for the tip. I usually get my tires from LS, I'll try them.

Organizing a GB for KS? Wrong thread though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back