Aftermarket speakers for F20

Re: Aftermarket speakers for F20

Shaynne;868325 said:
Hey Leslie,

We should do a count and see how many others got poisoned.
Btw, how's the active setup? Mine is passive setup, coz I saw how much trouble my friend had with her active setup and having to re-tune for countless times so I decided the hassle-free way.

Something weird happened today, the sound was fine yesterday but today the bass suddenly became overpowering. I had to turn it down to 25%level in the Tone menu. No time to look at it today...any ideas anyone?

aredstone;868435 said:
Organizing a GB for KS? Wrong thread though.

OK, the response has been good, I guess can get an even better price. New thread coming up.

Hey everyone

Just to dig up an old thread.

I finally installed the BMW Alpine Upgrade yesterday with Munich Automobiles. My car was a guinea pig as MA wasn't sure if the kit could be installed on the F20. I'm very happy to say that the installation was a success and was completed within the day.

The Alpine kit adds tweeters at the door columns, upgrades the mid range speakers at the front door and adds an amplifier that is stowed away in the side of the boot. Visually, the only difference you will see is the added tweeters at the door. Aurally, it was goodbye to muffled and muddied music, and hello to a much richer sound.

The kit doesn't set you back by much (MA vouchers can be utilized) and for the difference in sound, I felt that it was well worth the upgrade.

If you want to have a listen, come for one of the GTGs!

aredstone;898258 said:
Hey everyone

I finally installed the BMW Alpine Upgrade yesterday with Munich Automobiles. My car was a guinea pig as MA wasn't sure if the kit could be installed on the F20. I'm very happy to say that the installation was a success and was completed within the day.

The Alpine kit adds tweeters at the door columns, upgrades the mid range speakers at the front door and adds an amplifier that is stowed away in the side of the boot. Visually, the only difference you will see is the added tweeters at the door. Aurally, it was goodbye to muffled and muddied music, and hello to a much richer sound.

The kit doesn't set you back by much (MA vouchers can be utilized) and for the difference in sound, I felt that it was well worth the upgrade.

bro, can PM me the damage? i reckon F20 & F30 setup shld be the same right? appreciated, txs :)

hahah! No worries, nice f30 you got there, i don't think the kit applies for the f30! Couldn't find the part on realoem, check with MA?

leslie11;898432 said:
Why look when you can demo it!

no chance to demo it leh......hence requesting for pics to 'see sour plum to quench thirst'.....:sleepy:

Well, can't help you there man. There are pics floating around, just ask her directly.

No worries Les, appreciated.

p.s: the meetup/gathering earlier must be good huh. :)

I couldn't make it but I'm sure everyone that attended is happy now, so much data, so little time....

aredstone;898258 said:
Hey everyone

This retrofit audio upgrade is great.

Bass is so much better now.

i too...like sister aredstone, just did my alpine retrofit kit at MA (mine is e87 and not f20 though)!
the sound is a quantum leap from stock! my goodness.
the guys at MA are also wonderful, the tech and SA even personally explained to me how the setup is being done and where are the goodies (amp, tweets, mid bass, woofer, etc.) are located.
i am now enjoying this budget upgrade vs those super kilat ICE installations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvipp
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back