Aircon filter very dirty!

Re: Aircon filter very dirty!

Hi Guys,

Is it this way to DIY our internal microfilter? Pretty easy to me if its that way! ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts2X_RBVdHU]YouTube - BMW 3 Series E90 Cabin Microfilter Cover Removal[/ame]

Where's Eng Soon so I can go buy a filter. Had my car for nearly 3 years and never changed it!

stefman;592173 said:
Where's Eng Soon so I can go buy a filter. Had my car for nearly 3 years and never changed it!
Eng Soon -
1094 Serangoon Road
Tel: 62917775

Travel along Serangoon Rd, after Boon Keng MRT keep to right side.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitelance78;592183 said:
You mean the indicator didn't alert you??

Maybe it was changed at PML previously, not sure. I'll open it up and see how ugly it looks.

C3P0;592187 said:
Eng Soon -
1094 Serangoon Road

Thanks robot. Once I open and see if it needs changing, I'll go there.

C3P0;512842 said:
This is what my aircon microfilter looks like. And this is for a 14 months' car with 18,000km mileage.
(Sorry I forgot to take a photo of a new one, otherwise it will be a good comparison.)

It's damn dirty. Maybe because of my driving pattern which is 80% city 20% highway.

GetAttachment.aspx

So if you have kids or old people taking our car often, you may want to consider changing it annually. Price for BMW original filter is $70 from Eng Soon, for OEM it is $30 (for E90 and E87). For E46 I remember it is around $56. But worth it for the cleaner air.
GetAttachment.aspx

Btw I borrow tool kit from my neighbour and showed him the dirty filter when returning the kit to him. He asked me: can wash?

can you check for E89?

cheers

ac323;592193 said:
can you check for E89?
cheers
They said if driver of e89 has long hair and look like Stephen Chow, will give 20% off.
So MTL, vroom vroom to Eng Soon tomorrow!:nehnehhh:

C3P0;592203 said:
They said if driver of e89 has long hair and look like Stephen Chow, will give 20% off.
So MTL, vroom vroom to Eng Soon tomorrow!:nehnehhh:

Ho Seh Liao........

cheers

C3P0;592187 said:
Eng Soon -
1094 Serangoon Road

If we close the ventilation from exterior, doesn't the air filter still act as a filtration within the interior cabin? From the look of its position, unlikely right? If it does not, is there a second interior cabin filter then? Please advise.

Just an update after 10 months and another 18,000km of mileage.

During oil servicing, PML told me it's time to change microfilter (I think the OBC schedule is to change every 18,000km).
I said no need, I will change myself, just reset the ECU for me.

Went home, opened up and checked aircon microfilter. Black black of course. Tried to use water to wash, hoping to make it cleaner a bit. No it doesn't help. Damn.

Though aircon still cold as hell, I think for peace of mind I will just spend $75 or $45 to change it. Since I wash my house aircon's filter every 2 weeks and spend $100 servicing 1 unit every year, no point trying to save on car's aircon filter (which is still cheaper than servicing house's aircon unit).

Anyway if anyone manage to wash his filter successfully pls let me know how to do it.

C3P0;512842 said:
This is what my aircon microfilter looks like. And this is for a 14 months' car with 18,000km mileage.
(Sorry I forgot to take a photo of a new one, otherwise it will be a good comparison.)

It's damn dirty. Maybe because of my driving pattern which is 80% city 20% highway.

GetAttachment.aspx

So if you have kids or old people taking our car often, you may want to consider changing it annually. Price for BMW original filter is $70 from Eng Soon, for OEM it is $30 (for E90 and E87). For E46 I remember it is around $56. But worth it for the cleaner air.
GetAttachment.aspx

Btw I borrow tool kit from my neighbour and showed him the dirty filter when returning the kit to him. He asked me: can wash?

Gleamese;592682 said:
If we close the ventilation from exterior, doesn't the air filter still act as a filtration within the interior cabin? From the look of its position, unlikely right? If it does not, is there a second interior cabin filter then? Please advise.
Paiseh Gleamese, this part I am also not very sure, maybe someone else can help.....

i don't think the aircon microfilter material is washable + reusable

Gleamese;592682 said:

for e90, only one.

wt_know;594727 said:
i don't think the aircon microfilter material is washable + reusable

the non-woven material is not made to wash and re-use.

Way to go Guys

After seeing the way how to change the aircon microfilter material, i will think i might change it myself to save some $$$ for rainning days.

Cheerz

C3P0;594725 said:
Just an update after 10 months and another 18,000km of mileage.

During oil servicing, PML told me it's time to change microfilter (I think the OBC schedule is to change every 18,000km).
I said no need, I will change myself, just reset the ECU for me.

Went home, opened up and checked aircon microfilter. Black black of course. Tried to use water to wash, hoping to make it cleaner a bit. No it doesn't help. Damn.

Though aircon still cold as hell, I think for peace of mind I will just spend $75 or $45 to change it. Since I wash my house aircon's filter every 2 weeks and spend $100 servicing 1 unit every year, no point trying to save on car's aircon filter (which is still cheaper than servicing house's aircon unit).

Anyway if anyone manage to wash his filter successfully pls let me know how to do it.
Dear C3PO BRO,

the filter can be washed actually. But you must really have alot of patience doing it. I tried and it works. But there again, it depends on you whether its worth it or not. At ES there are two types of aircon filter (microfilter) and both come from germany per se. One is the original one which cost 75 and another one which is similiar cost 25. So if you change the aircon filter like i do (every few months; due to the dusty environment i work in), then why not take the 25 one and change it more frequently.Just my 2cents worth.....

anyone know others then eng soon , where sell air-con filter cheap?

OEM one also can...

my ride e90 320

brandonng;609660 said:
anyone know others then eng soon , where sell air-con filter cheap?

OEM one also can...

my ride e90 320
Eng Soon sell OEM for $25.....................
How much cheaper can it be?
Hmm............

davidtch;609691 said:
Eng Soon sell OEM for $25.....................
How much cheaper can it be?
Hmm............

LOL...Maybe he meant can buy in other place? Going to ES might not be convenient. Oso, might see Robot's handsome face across from ES.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back