Re: Aircooled Porsches....

R33Devil;246591 said:
did you see the mark I made under your left front wheel arch...:) :yummie:

OOI!!!!!! Hands off!

*Quickly rushes out of the house to the workshop to inspect his baby....*

Mockngbrd;246592 said:
looks like a brand new car getting built

As stated earlier, he has become so fussy rebuliding her that I am pretty amazed at the lengths he is going through to ensure that everything is new or refurbished as new. You should go take a look at the work in progress. Now that there isnt any trimming in the car yet, you can see how extensive the restoration is. Quite literally a bare bones stripdown and rebuild.

BorisRS;246613 said:
OOI!!!!!! Hands off!

*Quickly rushes out of the house to the workshop to inspect his baby....*

you know, I was his "mobile GPS" when he got lost in Ubi and Geylang looking for the plating place....:)

My hands didnt touch..I got a hard on when I saw ur car and it did a number on ur ride..haha

R33Devil;246621 said:
you know, I was his "mobile GPS" when he got lost in Ubi and Geylang looking for the plating place....:)

My hands didnt touch..I got a hard on when I saw ur car and it did a number on ur ride..haha

Groan! And I thought I was the only one with autophelia.......

wow this is the sweetest and most detailed stripped down i ever seen and is amazed by the built from scratch....wow!!!!! And in white!!! Congrats,and are u gonna sell it when its ready:nehnehhh:

This one has to be a keeper. There are only 2 2.7 litre 911s left in Singapore. One started life as a 74 2.4 but had an engine conversion taking it up to 2.7 litres. The other is the car you see being restored. Originally a 74 2.7 euro carrera, now being restored to 2.7 RS sports spec which in this case means changing the interior and exterior to 73 RS spec. Mechanically, the car is already identical to the 73 RS so all that was required was a complete refurbishment mechanically.
In short, the car would be impossible to replace short of importing a original 2.7RS into Singapore. Even getting another 74 euro spec carrera from abroad to do the project is difficult as there is supposedly only 1000 plus units built and thus in the UK, a good condition specimen will cost you in excess of 40k sterling.

These came from the mailman yesterday.....

A Recaro replica called Nurbugring Fixed Bucket seats made by BF Torino and sold by World Wide Classics online. Certainly not cheap at 700 bucks before shipping but argubly the best replicas available today. Seats of choice by Autofarm in the UK who are widely viewed as the best in the business of 911 restoration.

Re: These came from the mailman yesterday.....

BorisRS;251300 said:
A Recaro replica called Nurbugring Fixed Bucket seats made by BF Torino and sold by World Wide Classics online. Certainly not cheap at 700 bucks before shipping but argubly the best replicas available today. Seats of choice by Autofarm in the UK who are widely viewed as the best in the business of 911 restoration.

I sat in it today....Andy said I am too fat...to which I replied.."owner has a skawny ittle arse!"

hahaha

I am going to run you over next time on Dunearn Rd :) SUV Power!!!!

The latest: Oil system fitted and thus engine is up and running. Rims came back from the rim restorers and painter. Period correct 73 RS green centres with matt polished lip. tires fitted and wheels are mounted. Headlights fitted with completes the electrical system in the car. Window frames for doors back from restoration and fitted. Door glass fitted and perspex quarter glass (the little triangle of glass in front of the door window glass) fitted.

Next week centre mount dash speaker to be fitted, dash trim to be installed and then all the rest of the 'glass' can be fitted. Only windscreen and door windows are glass, the rest of the 'glass' is perspex. AC system to be fitted. Some small bits and pieces (things like period correct screws, nuts and bolts) still awaiting delivery. If all that comes, car should be at the upholsters for the interior trim by end of next week, early week after. Will post some current pictures when I take them.

Re: These came from the mailman yesterday.....

R33Devil;251302 said:
...to which I replied.."owner has a skawny ittle arse!"

hahaha

I am going to run you over next time on Dunearn Rd :) SUV Power!!!!

That was you! I had forgotten my glasses that day and really had no idea who I was waving to!

As for your visit today, bro, leave Andy alone la! Let the poor guy have peace and quiet to work on the car.....

VenomX2;246617 said:
is it expensive to do such a rebuild and how long did it take?

Is it expensive? $ terms approx 150k excluding the donor car.
How long? 11 months and counting.
Do I consider it expensive. No cos Andy is like a one man car factory slowly building the car practically from the ground up.

As they say, devil is in the details. It is very very difficult to get a body shop and a paintshop in Spore to commit to and successfully complete a total bare metal restoration and respray. It really really is backbreaking work peeling back 34 years of paint and putty and underseal. And it also takes tons of time to remove all of the inevitable rust from the body. All of that was a very frustrating and patience testing 7 months. But now that the end looks to be in sight (am 90% confident of getting her back in 2007!) Andy's tender love and care is a joy to watch.

The car has all sorts of seemingly small but important improvements over the original. Things like elephant racing suspension components, a 73 RSR rear jack point, a 88-89 clutch assistance mechanism, a post 75 11 blade fan, a secondary oil cooler, the post 80s oil fed chain tensioner setup are all going to contribute to the endurance of this rebuild. And in Singapore, only Andy with in excess of 20 years experience working on porsches is capable of doing this. A little known fact about Andy is that he spent 5-6 years working for Josh Stadler at Autofarm in the UK and is still very much in touch with Josh. Thus any of the latest in 911 restoration gets fed back to Andy on a regular basis.

One of the original options when the car was first purchased was to ship it to the UK for the restoration to be done by Autofarm but I am so glad that we decided not to and entrusted to Andy instead.

Oil fed chain tensioners, 11 blade fan, twin oil coolers, crankcase inserts, etc... nice!Target power 210hp or more?What's the target weight of this baby?

220 bhp and 900kg with AC and half tank of fuel.

She was driven for the first time today. Just literally pottering around Sin Ming Autocentre burt on her own steam nonetheless. For those who are interested, pls try and see her this week before all the trim is fitted. A bare naked interior is pretty amazing to see and will show through all the flaws of the restoration.

This is 1 of the most interesting threads ever. Seeing a car built from scratch.

Thanks for sharing Boris!

BorisRS;251935 said:
220 bhp and 900kg with AC and half tank of fuel.

She was driven for the first time today. Just literally pottering around Sin Ming Autocentre burt on her own steam nonetheless. For those who are interested, pls try and see her this week before all the trim is fitted. A bare naked interior is pretty amazing to see and will show through all the flaws of the restoration.
Wow, that's a higher power-to-weight ratio than my current ride! Nice...

hackzi;252069 said:
Wow, that's a higher power-to-weight ratio than my current ride! Nice...

Love your little line about the gram vs the pound!

Mockngbrd;252057 said:
man, wld luv to have a looky looky at the car
900kg is super light. 220bhp will be plenty.... superb

Go! Place is Sin Ming Autocare on the third floor next to Lim Yew Boo (same floor as J4C)
Am not sure we would get to our target weight but anything under 950 kg will leave me a happy camper.

Nuke;252032 said:
This is 1 of the most interesting threads ever. Seeing a car built from scratch.

Thanks for sharing Boris!

No worries. Happy to share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back