All about 6-series

Re: All about 6-series

Hi Wobbles,

Thanks alot :)

Now thinking to buy 640 or 650 although there is a huge discount now for the 640i Cab.

The 640I cab is not v. popular in Sg, and also doesn't come with adaptive LED headlamps - makes it look like a bit of a poor cousin to the coupe :)

Go for the 650i. I regret not being able to change my order, darn it...

V8 FTW....else it's just a small hairdryer making noise.

Actually i shouldnt say huge discount. Its more like they are able to take in your existing car at higher value.. hope that helps. They left only the showroom Cab... go for it!!!

Typical PML 'overtrade' tactic - but it's not a bad deal if you have a car to get rid of :) - last time, when I trade in the E65 for the present F02, the combined fortuitous circumstances of (a) having bought the old E65 at a super good deal (run out stock) in 2008, (b) having the old E65 COE cheap and the present environment COE much dearer and (c) having a massive (well, that's what PML said: 'massive') overtrade, meant that in the 2 years of owning and driving the old E65, we only lost less than $20K for a 2 year ride. That's quite substantial, when you consider the normal depreciation of these babies are to the tune of $30K or so, per year!

jamesyeow;717546 said:
Actually i shouldnt say huge discount. Its more like they are able to take in your existing car at higher value.. hope that helps. They left only the showroom Cab... go for it!!!

bro... i have just collected my f13 :) But discount is limited leh. that's why i ask what is huge discount for the f12.. hahaha anyway it's too late. haha

Congrats bro spursburger on your ride again, and to bro jamesyeow as well. Bros mystic and TheNew7 were the first few to collect theirs. Congrats to all of you guys again :)

Some more, bros spursburger and bro jamesyeow got discounts on their ex-stocks. I got no discount, only got dis count-down (this countdown, hehe) to look forward to, sigh.

I'm trying hard to hold back tears... I can only wait... And wait.... And wait.... And still no news....

Bro wobbles, we will envy yours when it comes. M sports looks awesome man. Let's take a photoshoot of our F12s and F13s when yours arrive.

i'm looking for used BBK and coilover for my e63......pls PM me if any bros want to de-kit
good day.....

wobbles;717850 said:
Congrats bro spursburger on your ride again, and to bro jamesyeow as well. Bros mystic and TheNew7 were the first few to collect theirs. Congrats to all of you guys again :)

Some more, bros spursburger and bro jamesyeow got discounts on their ex-stocks. I got no discount, only got dis count-down (this countdown, hehe) to look forward to, sigh.

I'm trying hard to hold back tears... I can only wait... And wait.... And wait.... And still no news....
hahahah wobbles.. the discount only there to make us decide faster... in actual facts, its like left pocket to right pocket. The put it as discount to your car.. but it could be discount on their car.. either or... The best if someone can knock them out on discount both their new car and the trade in car.

The reason why they are giving me higher price for my car cos its the last car left other than the display and demo vehicle. If one can accept this other two, i think they will get far better discount....

:)

Now im trying to see whether can i get a good number to go with it. Was told that no. 6 single digit is looking at $22k... ouch..

jamesyeow;718171 said:
hahahah wobbles.. the discount only there to make us decide faster... in actual facts, its like left pocket to right pocket. The put it as discount to your car.. but it could be discount on their car.. either or... The best if someone can knock them out on discount both their new car and the trade in car.

The reason why they are giving me higher price for my car cos its the last car left other than the display and demo vehicle. If one can accept this other two, i think they will get far better discount....

:)

Wow. Bro jamesyeow, I guess PML will be looking at a merry Xmas indeed, with all their allotted 6ers sold! I heard that even the Vermillion Red 650i with the 20" black painted rims which was the demo car at the launch has already been sold!

Still, with so many 6ers sold, I wonder why I haven't seen more of them on the roads yet? Only sighted a couple of convertibles, haven't even seen a single coupe yet!

By the way, good luck with finding a swee swee number for your car. Try bidding for no 640 this coming exercise maybe?

Err..... 640 actually dont sound good... hahaha... will probably retaining my existing number 74 if cant find something nice.. this 74 given to me when i was driving the A5 3 yrs ago...

hi all,

not new to this forum but has been a constant reader with no post. today finally need to tell the brothers here my story. here it goes:

trade in my 335 coupe for a 640 cab. suppose to take my car today. went down at 4pm to get the car, within 30 mins got 2 problem surface with the top down function. 1st problem, my SE show me how to open the top from outside, open 1st time, close 1st time ok, then open 2nd time halfway kana stuck. my mood suddenly change from ecstatic to worry, wat if drive half way also like that how? so unstable. she say probably key issue. whatever that is..so reset everything and check here check there, ok liao. in top down mode.

Still bug by this issue, i ask her to get her tech over to confirm what issue. Wait 15-30 mins no sign of tech, nothing to do, then open the front bonnet to take a look inside for fun. check halfway, suddenly the back component that store the cabrio cloth pop up, after 30 sec drop halfway, then another 30 second drop down but still a bit open. see pic below:

400286827.jpg

400286874.jpg

Now really hot liao..when the tech come over, he told me maybe this maybe that, maybe not enuf pressure to open 2nd time. So I go to another car and try out, can open 2nd time without car engine start leh. Knn. Seriously hot liao.

I screw until jialat jialat, until 7pm, then finally they told me inside got 1 power function thingy got problem, need to change, I was like wtf?? I cant stop cursing why only me buy new car like that, if from ABC pte ltd, I cannot complain too much, but PML, walan knn. I ask them to change spare part, they say no spare part!!! New product launched 9 months liao still no stock up spare part? What the hell? I ask them nmind, get it from another car to put it in, they say cannot, becos its coded. In the end, no choice, wait for spare part to come.

I can tell you this is the worst day of my life this year. I have never been so hot in my past few years man. Moral of the story bro, if you think the car got problem, make sure you don’t just take it out of the showroom hoping it will go away like a towkay…I keep poking and poking finally, confirm its not an intermittent failure like what was being sold across to me.

I told them I want to get to the bottom of this issue, I want them to give me a proper response, why no spare parts management process? Why car got this problem if they been thru all checks, did they even pass any iso audit at all? I want to see those check records and retention stuff. I told them I don’t need them to give me any freebies, just want some proper response..

Enjoy bros.

Kit

Bro Kit,

So sorry to hear about your terrible experience.

Anyway, just to share a similar experience I encountered while doing a 3-day extended test drive on the F12. I had the car parked in the condo's car park, but I turned the lights on with the engine running - or so I thought. Didn't know that the Auto-Start/Stop had kicked in - and when I tried to raise the Cab's roof, the damn thing got stuck halfway & refused to budge. I tried everything, didn't work - until I drove out of the car park (which of course, restarted the engine) and voila, the roof came back up good as gold. The auto start/stop feature is so smooth (at least in the F12 I tested) that I had no idea the engine had turned off while I was idling @ the car park!

I don't think what you described is anything as benign as my little test-drive experience, so I'm glad you kicked up a fuss & spat the dummy. Truth be told, PML service standards have not been exactly 'up to the mark' of late. That's why I opted for the coupe, and that's why I deleted the sunroof from it - fewer moving parts, fewer things to co£k-up. It's a pity that such a good car isn't backed up by the necessary & expected level of care & service by the authorized dealer.

Good luck, bro - and enjoy the ride, once everything gets sorted out, that is!

Hi to all bros/sis here...

Can a pair of M5 side mirrors be fitted onto a 630 coupe? Any major modifications required?

I would really appreciate if any experts here can advise me on this.

(p.s: i have a set of H & R lowering springs for e63 coupe for sale)

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

Does anyone knows any shops in SG that still carry or sell boot spoiler (ducktail) and roof spoiler for E63?

Have been looking around for quite sometime...seems that no one has it.

Really appreciate if anyone can advise.

Thank you..

wobbles;723166 said:
Bro Kit,

So sorry to hear about your terrible experience.

Anyway, just to share a similar experience I encountered while doing a 3-day extended test drive on the F12. I had the car parked in the condo's car park, but I turned the lights on with the engine running - or so I thought. Didn't know that the Auto-Start/Stop had kicked in - and when I tried to raise the Cab's roof, the damn thing got stuck halfway & refused to budge. I tried everything, didn't work - until I drove out of the car park (which of course, restarted the engine) and voila, the roof came back up good as gold. The auto start/stop feature is so smooth (at least in the F12 I tested) that I had no idea the engine had turned off while I was idling @ the car park!

I don't think what you described is anything as benign as my little test-drive experience, so I'm glad you kicked up a fuss & spat the dummy. Truth be told, PML service standards have not been exactly 'up to the mark' of late. That's why I opted for the coupe, and that's why I deleted the sunroof from it - fewer moving parts, fewer things to co£k-up. It's a pity that such a good car isn't backed up by the necessary & expected level of care & service by the authorized dealer.

Good luck, bro - and enjoy the ride, once everything gets sorted out, that is!
Yo bro wobble...

How have you been man?? Thought we suppose to have some kind of meet up right??? I have not been too active with this forum lately man... got to work hard to feed this monster... heheheh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8livepoker

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back