All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Building the Z4 GT3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFgcfYb66M]YouTube - BMW Z4 GT3 - Car Assembly HD Time Lapse[/ame]

Look at how nicely the V8 fits inside..oohhhhhh. would like one too haha

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for Original Stock Spring & if possible suspension for Z4.
Or anything that can raise my ride.
New home's hump is kiling my exos...
Pls kindly PM price details and phone # for me to contact.
Cheers

Mattino;578196 said:
Hi Everyone,
Cheers

Hi Mattino,

for E85 or E89?

cheers

Hi Everyone,

What is yr current spring/suspension? Unless you have lowered it by a fair bit, E89 cannot
be that bad to hit humps when going over.

Hi ac323 & SolidGold,

Many thanks for offers to advise.

My ride's a E85.

Am running on Breyton's Spring
Need to raise by 1".

Am considering coil over but I think stock might be a cheaper option as the harsh ride is also making the dashboard rattle.

BTW, anyone can recommend a good Dash board guy, Juzz for car ok?

Mattino;578272 said:
Hi ac323 & SolidGold,

Many thanks for offers to advise.

My ride's a E85.

Am running on Breyton's Spring
Need to raise by 1".

Am considering coil over but I think stock might be a cheaper option as the harsh ride is also making the dashboard rattle.

BTW, anyone can recommend a good Dash board guy, Juzz for car ok?

Hi Matt,

Coilover is best.....can try KW v3.....

J4C is good....
cheers

Guys, wanna convince myself 35i is the one for me and not 23i :p heehee got a some questions.

are all 35i DCT?
and comes with M adaptive suspension?
without the iDrive, what else are we missing apart from the GPS

thanks in advance

amazinboinz;579443 said:
Guys, wanna convince myself 35i is the one for me and not 23i :p heehee got a some questions.

are all 35i DCT?

thanks in advance

Mmm...35i is gooood. But too bad convincing myself was not that easy :(

Anyhoo, all 35i comes with DCT. Since it's one of their main features it boasts. And i'm pretty sure it comes with the M adaptive suspension as standard also.

Without the iDrive system you could say you will be missing out on the iPod music browser? And a screen which shows you your driving profile and settings? Someone with the iDrive system might wanna share more :)

are all 35i DCT?

All 35i comes with DCT (as far as I know). You can easily check out the gear knobs as they look different from the 23i ones. DCT 7-speed make the gear switching effortless and super smooth.

M-adaptive is an option add-on. Not all 35i comes with it.

iDrive is a real distraction. It is one of those things you can do without unless you use the GPS
alot. It will set you back by 10k at least. I hardly use it. Totally unfriendly and dangerous especially
when you are fingering it while driving.

No regrets going 35i. The exhaust note is just exhilarating and super addictive. You will want to go topless at every chance to just hear the exhaust and the gear shifts.

One day, a live comparison of the 23i and 35i must be done. Aesthetically i mean, ala exhaust sound and all. I'm really curious about how the 35i differs from 23i in terms of sheer shiokness

after test driving both... imho, the 23i i can hear the engine revving. but 35i its all exhaust. h/w 35i is really really zippy, its really point and shoot. the 23i really struggles at traffic lights. it has to be in Sports (maybe Sports+) why dont BMW make it on default Sports man

damn hard to find used 35i lah (one white one blue) ... only 2 in the mkt, anyone else selling? :)

amazinboinz;580095 said:
after test driving both... imho, the 23i i can hear the engine revving. but 35i its all exhaust. h/w 35i is really really zippy, its really point and shoot. the 23i really struggles at traffic lights. it has to be in Sports (maybe Sports+) why dont BMW make it on default Sports man

damn hard to find used 35i lah (one white one blue) ... only 2 in the mkt, anyone else selling? :)

Hi amazin,

PML got ready stock.....maybe can press them for a good pricing.....

if no budget constraint then s35is if not S35i......
S23i with Pbox will be better....

Happy searching
cheers

One day, a live comparison of the 23i and 35i must be done. Aesthetically i mean, ala exhaust sound and all. I'm really curious about how the 35i differs from 23i in terms of sheer shiokness

Just go down to PML and test drive both. Not too difficult to tell the difference. But be warned...once you get the addiction. It will be hard to resist. :dance:

OT a bit - where do the bros here who drive E85s service your Zed?
Since i am assuming most would be outta warranty from PML anyways...wanna go to a workshop who has experience servicing the E85 and knows its problemos...:thinking:

Cheers!

alff;582460 said:
OT a bit - where do the bros here who drive E85s service your Zed?
Since i am assuming most would be outta warranty from PML anyways...wanna go to a workshop who has experience servicing the E85 and knows its problemos...:thinking:

Cheers!

Hi alff,

which year is your E85? older version is using M54 whereas newer ones are using N52...

cheers

ac323;582463 said:
Hi alff,

which year is your E85? older version is using M54 whereas newer ones are using N52...

cheers

M54B25
Wanna go get it checked cos just bought it on the 2nd hand market... hear the suspension creaking already *gulp*

alff;582466 said:
M54B25
Wanna go get it checked cos just bought it on the 2nd hand market... hear the suspension creaking already *gulp*

oh i see............mileage must be high ya.......
check your PM.......

cheers

To the current batch of E85 owners - how are you guys/gals maintaining the fabric hood huh?

do you guys use the BMW system for maintaining fabric tops from PML? or use other methods.

Tks for sharing

:helpp!:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back