All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

BTW I went to Chuan Sing to enquire for basic audio upgrade and its 3.8K for amp + speakers. Currently stock speaker really quite bad, even with my lousy ears, things sound v different from my hifi set at home

I did a search and nothing too concrete.

Well.. I added a Genesis 2-way (50 watts per channel) Amp to my E89. Placed it behind the passenger seat. Ripped out all the useless stock paper-cone
speakers and replaced with Hertz 3-ways (in footwell, doors and tweeters). Cross-overs done at speaker level with Amp just doing simple amplifications.
Added sound proofing to the rear wheel arches to dampen outside noise. Now alot better sounding. I do not think sub is so important here since the a good
3-way speaker set can you enough bass especially the ones at the footwell and you do proper cross-overs. Of course if you are an ICE master and need
to feel the vibration type, then you really need a sub. Genesis amp (used but good cond $400+ include installation), Hertz 3-ways + cross-over, installation
($900+), soundproofing wheel arches (300-400 bucks). Well below 3k. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3n8z17zXM]YouTube - Pit Stop TEAM NFS SCHUBERT MOTORSPORT Z4 GT3 - 24H Nurburgring[/ame]

The engine note at the end : How an actual Z4 should sound like :p

Nice note............

cheers

Hi guys,

Anyone of you had changed the gear level knob to the M one? I'm awaiting delivery of my S23i and don't like the current gear knob.

I know this can be done on the E90 and from the looks of it, probably can be done as well for the E89? Tks!

ltajedi;592752 said:
Hi guys,

Anyone of you had changed the gear level knob to the M one? I'm awaiting delivery of my S23i and don't like the current gear knob.

I know this can be done on the E90 and from the looks of it, probably can be done as well for the E89? Tks!

Hi lta,

Congrats on your Z4......
yes the knob can be done.......

cheers

ltajedi;592752 said:
Hi guys,

Yes it can! However, I'm still harboring on whether to get it thou, cuz if i'm not wrong, the safety catch from N to reverse won't be there anymore :(

Hi guys,

anyone changed their light to white color? Any place to recommend?

BeeZzZz;592861 said:
Hi guys,

anyone changed their light to white color? Any place to recommend?

Hi BeeZzZz,

do you mean the Angel eyes light ( ring light )? can try BOSS Motorsports, 6459 0038 look for Nick: got stock....

or upgrade your stock XL 4300 to 8000 bulb?

cheers

RaidenGear;592790 said:
Yes it can! However, I'm still harboring on whether to get it thou, cuz if i'm not wrong, the safety catch from N to reverse won't be there anymore :(

i think dun think about this mod, coilover better

cheers

Thanks Ac323, my friend say my stock light abit uncle( though im not that young myself),haha.
ya, angel eye,what's the different?XL 4300 to 8000 bulb?
Sorry I dont know much about mod.
Coilover?i already changed my suspension.(Im not that sure what to do also,so just lowered it).

BeeZzZz;592871 said:
Thanks Ac323, my friend say my stock light abit uncle( though im not that young myself),haha.
ya, angel eye,what's the different?XL 4300 to 8000 bulb?
Sorry I dont know much about mod.
Coilover?i already changed my suspension.(Im not that sure what to do also,so just lowered it).

Hi BeeZzZz,

XL 4300 is abit yellowish....8k bulb is brighter and white...
oh you already lowered your ride, alright then leave it till you wanna improve the handling further then upgrade to coilover........

what's your ride? S23i or S35i or S35is?

cheers

Oh definitely the whiter the better (just hope not too beng)....hee.....Boss do that also?
Mine is a 23, $$$ not enough for higher =)
Urs?
Ya, so many things to change, but i think next will be my audio,or else when open top = no music. Haha
Feel like doing quad pipe with nice bass sound also.....any to recommend?
Have to find a nice body kit or to cut existing one (which I dont think is good right?)

BeeZzZz;592874 said:
Oh definitely the whiter the better (just hope not too beng)....hee.....Boss do that also?
Mine is a 23, $$$ not enough for higher =)
Urs?
Ya, so many things to change, but i think next will be my audio,or else when open top = no music. Haha
Feel like doing quad pipe with nice bass sound also.....any to recommend?
Have to find a nice body kit or to cut existing one (which I dont think is good right?)

Hi BeeZzZz,

for the White 8k bulb you can sms Wilson 9690 5511 and get it install at BOSS.
no worries, wont be too Beng.........

mine is S23i too.

Dun touch the exhaust la, sure to lose low-end torque like bad, quad is the worst on our 2.5L engine unless is 3L twin turbo...........( trust me ). Spend the $ on a good set of coilover is more worth it. Then go to BOSS to install Powerbox plus Nology Plugs for better response can already.....

Go PML get the s35is bodykit can already.......then install at Sin Wee Chuan ( Mike 9107 4888 )

is yours from PI? as PML unit has got a sub bass behind the rear seat so driving topless still got nice decent sound....

cheers

Thanks for the great advice.....at least Im clearer on what to do.....
Though I really love the looks of quad pipe, must really take into all these consideration
Mine is from PI, initially went to PML, told the sales person wanna buy this car, asked her to check my previous car value for trade in, suppose to call me back and let me know,but till now,1/2 yr later,no news from her yet. Anyway she dont seem that interested too, but not her to blame ba, i look poor and kiddish too haha.....
Then I went to PI, that sales person quite nice so I just bought it from him.
Can I buy the body kit from PML even mine is from PI?
Will love to see your ride if there's a chance, at least I wont be so blur and just do anything blindly.
Think we should have a Z4 meetup. =)

BeeZzZz;592876 said:
Thanks for the great advice.....at least Im clearer on what to do.....
Though I really love the looks of quad pipe, must really take into all these consideration
Mine is from PI, initially went to PML, told the sales person wanna buy this car, asked her to check my previous car value for trade in, suppose to call me back and let me know,but till now,1/2 yr later,no news from her yet. Anyway she dont seem that interested too, but not her to blame ba, i look poor and kiddish too haha.....
Then I went to PI, that sales person quite nice so I just bought it from him.
Can I buy the body kit from PML even mine is from PI?
Will love to see your ride if there's a chance, at least I wont be so blur and just do anything blindly.
Think we should have a Z4 meetup. =)

Hi BeeZzZz,

haha, probably the SE from PML resign that's why didnt follow-up with you....
yes, bodykit you can buy from PML, no problem.

no worries, on and off we have Topless Night Drive....PM me your number then.

cheers

Specifically, the part of the exhaust that has an impact on the low end are the headers and cats (both are major restrictions before the muffler). The muffler box would have little impact on the low end if you are looking to just change the tone of the exhaust.

ac323;592875 said:
Hi BeeZzZz,

for the White 8k bulb you can sms Wilson 9690 5511 and get it install at BOSS.
no worries, wont be too Beng.........

mine is S23i too.

Dun touch the exhaust la, sure to lose low-end torque like bad, quad is the worst on our 2.5L engine unless is 3L twin turbo...........( trust me ). Spend the $ on a good set of coilover is more worth it. Then go to BOSS to install Powerbox plus Nology Plugs for better response can already.....

Go PML get the s35is bodykit can already.......then install at Sin Wee Chuan ( Mike 9107 4888 )

is yours from PI? as PML unit has got a sub bass behind the rear seat so driving topless still got nice decent sound....

cheers

Red_Bean_Bun;592923 said:
Specifically, the part of the exhaust that has an impact on the low end are the headers and cats (both are major restrictions before the muffler). The muffler box would have little impact on the low end if you are looking to just change the tone of the exhaust.

Hi Tony,

no leh, i've tried an E89 that changed the rear muffler, low-end i can immediately feel suffer already..........

cheers

ac323;592925 said:
Hi Tony,

no leh, i've tried an E89 that changed the rear muffler, low-end i can immediately feel suffer already..........

cheers

The muffler - its so way back in the rear. The exhaust gas would have to travel to primary cats builtin with the exhaust manifold followed by the secondary cats then the silencers then to the muffler. The back pressure created by the major restrictions in the front of the exhaust system should remain status quo if there are no changes there. The restriction of the aftermarket muffler- should not effect the back pressure that much being most of the restriction is in the front of the exhaust system.

Logic aside - Changed my muffler - don't feel any low end loss. But someone else who did a custom change to the exhaust system (goes all the way to the front part) - major low end loss. But his high end - Wow ...... Both E85.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;592933 said:
The muffler - its so way back in the rear. The exhaust gas would have to travel to primary cats builtin with the exhaust manifold followed by the secondary cats then the silencers then to the muffler. The back pressure created by the major restrictions in the front of the exhaust system should remain status quo if there are no changes there. The restriction of the aftermarket muffler- should not effect the back pressure that much being most of the restriction is in the front of the exhaust system.

Logic aside - Changed my muffler - don't feel any low end loss. But someone else who did a custom change to the exhaust system (goes all the way to the front part) - major low end loss. But his high end - Wow ...... Both E85.

must try your ride 1 day, maybe i too sensitive..........

cheers

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back