All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

cupholders;636339 said:
Yeah no problem! E85 stuff so rare nowadays =c

Agree. PML don't even carry much stuff for E85 anymore. Only for the new models.
Wanted to replace my scuff plate which has come off with illuminated ones. But can hardly find them. PML selling those for only d new z4...but v high dmg.
Luckily found solutions for it already

78S BMW Z4;636355 said:
Apologies for d nood question: what is j-hook? And what is twister, aerotwin etc.? Different brands?

If you remove the wiper blade frame, you'll see that the wiper arm ends in a J shape.

Twister and Bosch Aerotwin are different brands of wipers.

78S BMW Z4;636358 said:
Agree. PML don't even carry much stuff for E85 anymore. Only for the new models.
Wanted to replace my scuff plate which has come off with illuminated ones. But can hardly find them. PML selling those for only d new z4...but v high dmg.

PML can order and bring in for you, but sadly they don't even have the E85 catalog anymore so you've got to do your own research and find the part numbers for the parts you want.

78S BMW Z4;636424 said:
Thks valjean. U really a season pro. Haha

Err, sorry I just got my E85 last month. Still very new to the car; that's why need advice for even wiper blade replacements. Haha.

78S BMW Z4;636357 said:
Thks for d advice, red bean. I've been frantically reading up d posts of all bros here. Been v helpful.
Was told today only manage to change my oil filter & eurospec engine oil.
Will have to drop by & send the car in next thurs since I choose not to leave it over the long week end.

Dropped by to see ICE today downstairs too. V tempting. Haha

Soundwerkz ? Those guys are cool.......

LondonBridge;636433 said:
any diffuser for e89? :D

yup. 3D deisgn..................mms you later...

cheers

78S BMW Z4;636358 said:

You could try scouring www.realoem.com and check for the part numbers. Then use PML to order.

valjean;636428 said:
Err, sorry I just got my E85 last month. Still very new to the car; that's why need advice for even wiper blade replacements. Haha.

Well...then it seems like we got it at about d same time. My mods so far are just the short antenna, solar films (not there previously), mats (not in previously as well) and did oil servicing. Top it up with 7l of amsoil eurospec. :)

Red_Bean_Bun;636435 said:
Soundwerkz ? Those guys are cool.......

yea...but was thinking just change d HU since mine is such an old ride. Gonna just last 4 yrs dude

Red_Bean_Bun;636438 said:
You could try scouring www.realoem.com and check for the part numbers. Then use PML to order.

I found someone to tailor made them for me at a v reasonable cost. Probably label 'z4' on scuff rather than 'BMW' which seems pretty standard

78S BMW Z4;636467 said:
I found someone to tailor made them for me at a v reasonable cost. Probably label 'z4' on scuff rather than 'BMW' which seems pretty standard

Does it illuminate ?

78S BMW Z4;636463 said:
Well...then it seems like we got it at about d same time. My mods so far are just the short antenna, solar films (not there previously), mats (not in previously as well) and did oil servicing. Top it up with 7l of amsoil eurospec. :)

Haha, I did the short antenna almost immediately too. You did 3M type of mats? The OEM carpet is about $200...

Is yours the pre-facelift E85? What colour?

78S BMW Z4;636465 said:
yea...but was thinking just change d HU since mine is such an old ride. Gonna just last 4 yrs dude

If you, like me, bought this car just to reward yourself with some fun driving for a couple of years, I'd say just do it, but don't overdo it. :)

valjean;636480 said:
If you, like me, bought this car just to reward yourself with some fun driving for a couple of years, I'd say just do it, but don't overdo it. :)

Some things like rims etc are quite universal. But other mods that are quite specific to the car model - that's something to think about..........

Red_Bean_Bun;636483 said:
Some things like rims etc are quite universal. But other mods that are quite specific to the car model - that's something to think about..........

You mean resaleability? Yeah, the few carbon fiber bits I'm planning to do for instance are probably worth next to nothing once I buy them. That's why I've been sourcing for reasonably-priced ones.

Red_Bean_Bun;636476 said:
Does it illuminate ?

i think it does...i was told by d boss it will b custom made from samples he has done b4 or wad i can provide.

yet to get it installed though cuz am considering other mods. hehe...lights req little budget can do. sound cost a lot :shakehea:

:ehhh:
valjean;636477 said:
Haha, I did the short antenna almost immediately too. You did 3M type of mats? The OEM carpet is about $200...

Is yours the pre-facelift E85? What colour?

hehe...i read d bros post in this forum. it was a lot of help. first mod i did is to get the antenna...which was v value for $ i would say. i didnt do 3M. went back to my ex-supplier to get it done up cuz i like something i seen there...n it cost less than 1/2 as much as the OEM ones :thumbsup:

mine is pre-facelift....its black. ex owner is a lady owner...u shd have seen the number of fingernail marks underneath my handbrake! it's a black z4.

what colour is yours? Is it a black z4 too?

now 1 mth plus into it....i find black colour a challenge to maintain. also, i use tissue to wipe off some stains on my soft top d other day. now that part is white colour and i got difficulties removing it. still there after all d car washes n d rain.... :ehhh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakhiatvcoffee

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back