All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

78S BMW Z4;636503 said:
i think it does...i was told by d boss it will b custom made from samples he has done b4 or wad i can provide.

yet to get it installed though cuz am considering other mods. hehe...lights req little budget can do. sound cost a lot :shakehea:

Can share which workshop and how much ?

valjean;636480 said:
If you, like me, bought this car just to reward yourself with some fun driving for a couple of years, I'd say just do it, but don't overdo it. :)

our purposes is about d same...i want to get a conti sports car & use it for couple of yrs. COE is high...so this will last me for 4 yrs and I'll see what happens next.

Thought i got something value for $....i'm from accounting background. hehe

Red_Bean_Bun;636507 said:
Can share which workshop and how much ?

you've got pm! hehe...that seems to b necessary here. to 'pm' instead of disclose openly rite? hmm......

considering whether to mod other lighting stuff beside d scuff. but will only last 4 yrs. hmmm

78S BMW said:
now 1 mth plus into it....i find black colour a challenge to maintain. also, i use tissue to wipe off some stains on my soft top d other day. now that part is white colour and i got difficulties removing it. still there after all d car washes n d rain.... :ehhh:

For cleaning the hood, u can try Autoglym hood cleaning kit available in Autobacs. Comes with cleaning shampoo, scrub and hood protectant. I used it. Pretty easy to apply. And pretty clean after wash. Helps beads water as well. If not in hurry, u can order amazon.co.uk. Cheaper but takes 3 weeks delivery.

wanaka;636524 said:
For cleaning the hood, u can try Autoglym hood cleaning kit available in Autobacs. Comes with cleaning shampoo, scrub and hood protectant. I used it. Pretty easy to apply. And pretty clean after wash. Helps beads water as well. If not in hurry, u can order amazon.co.uk. Cheaper but takes 3 weeks delivery.

Thks. Until I move house, car exposed to bird shit & fruit sap. It's a pain in d aXX

Oh by d way, any1 has exp of a cut in d interior of their soft top. Realised I had only post purchase n seems like there's nthg I can do about it.

Also suspect rubber tubing of passenger window is old n hence can smell ext fumes. When car goes anythg more den 80km/h n more becomes nosier. Anyone have similar issues?

wanaka;636524 said:

For maintaining the soft top, Raggtop and 303 products seem well recommended on fora. For convenience, I bought BMW's cleaner and protectant which were priced comparably. Both were sprays and quite easy to apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

78S BMW Z4;636506 said:
:ehhh:

hehe...i read d bros post in this forum. it was a lot of help. first mod i did is to get the antenna...which was v value for $ i would say. i didnt do 3M. went back to my ex-supplier to get it done up cuz i like something i seen there...n it cost less than 1/2 as much as the OEM ones :thumbsup:

mine is pre-facelift....its black. ex owner is a lady owner...u shd have seen the number of fingernail marks underneath my handbrake! it's a black z4.

what colour is yours? Is it a black z4 too?

now 1 mth plus into it....i find black colour a challenge to maintain. also, i use tissue to wipe off some stains on my soft top d other day. now that part is white colour and i got difficulties removing it. still there after all d car washes n d rain.... :ehhh:

Mine was black. Found black too hard to maintain and just resprayed it to Alpine White. Actually also high maintenance but not as difficult as black I find. Plus I have a weakness for the Alpine White on this car. :D

cupholders;636545 said:
I got the Autoglym cleaner and protectant from Autobacs. Quite easy to use.

ANYWAY, Any E85-ers wanna do a GB on this??
03 04 05 06 BMW E85 Z4 BLACK CARPET FLOOR MAT M NEW 2PC | eBay

YYUMMMMMMMYYY

PS: abit off topic but i'm so inspired to drop a 3.0 + supercharger after reading this.

BMW Tuning | Simpson Motorsport | BMW Z4 3.0 Supercharged

Hey bro, I'm also looking for cheap and nice mats (coz the OEMs are going for an exorbitant 200 bucks), but I think most of the mats on eBay, including this one you posted, are for LHD cars. :(

cupholders;636556 said:
Hmm LHD? But in the picture it show that it's for RHD eh.

The picture shows the driver mat on the left side.

valjean;636563 said:
The picture shows the driver mat on the left side.

Huhhhh, but the cutting is the same for RHD right?? Looks the same.

cupholders;636565 said:
Huhhhh, but the cutting is the same for RHD right?? Looks the same.

I've come across other sellers stating explicitly LHD or RHD, so I figure the cutting is not the same. The ///M embroidery would also snd up on the wrong side.

Well if we really want to do a GB maybe can ask the supplier if they have any for RHD? Gonna look around for some carpets and pedals for the ride. Rubber pedals so yuckky

cupholders;636573 said:
Well if we really want to do a GB maybe can ask the supplier if they have any for RHD? Gonna look around for some carpets and pedals for the ride. Rubber pedals so yuckky

all the best..........

cheers

cupholders;636573 said:

Haha it looks like we're both shopping for the same stuff (group buy of 2 pax :D). Have also been hunting high and low for RHD foot pedals (RHD for the foot rest piece). Keep you posted too if I find anything. :)

Btw, most footrest for the E85 need to cut. If you wanna GB, lemme know? i'll be more then interested :smack:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splaycenter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back