All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

cupholders;636964 said:
HEHEHEH thanks for viewing! Anyway the stock ones looks very SLR-ish. hahhahaha. Go for OZ mans, looks BRILLIANT!

Hehe...u r welcome. SLR-ish? I'm gonna shop around for some 2nd hand rims. Wanted to change mine to 18" or 19", but dealer just change to brand new tyres before I took over. Can't bear to dump them

Not sure where I'll be able to get nice 2nd hand rims. Any recommendations from bros?

cupholders;636964 said:
HEHEHEH thanks for viewing! Anyway the stock ones looks very SLR-ish. hahhahaha. Go for OZ mans, looks BRILLIANT!

Oh yea...share pictures of yr new rims? :)

78S BMW Z4;637028 said:
Hehe...u r welcome. SLR-ish? I'm gonna shop around for some 2nd hand rims. Wanted to change mine to 18" or 19", but dealer just change to brand new tyres before I took over. Can't bear to dump them

Not sure where I'll be able to get nice 2nd hand rims. Any recommendations from bros?

Try Leong Seng ......

Red_Bean_Bun;637030 said:
Try Leong Seng ......

Thks...thinking of that as well.
A chain of z4 driving up to Genting together sounds fun. V random

78S BMW Z4;637027 said:
D gaptech module is for one touch or for operating roof while on d move? Cuz I understand reinhold serves both purposes.

If it serves both purposes, pricing seems v attractive!

The GapTech has essentially the same function as the 2 separate Reinhold modules
- one-touch operation of roof button (no need to hold)
- open/close roof using remote

The Reinhold module for opening/closing while moving is sadly not available for E85. :(

78S BMW Z4;637034 said:
Thks...thinking of that as well.
A chain of z4 driving up to Genting together sounds fun. V random

Go Ray-S uhhh, AC323 say one.

Hahha call me along if you're gonna view rims ok! I've got nothing to do nowadays :(
BTW, stock tyres are RUNFLAT right?? hmm

cupholders;637047 said:
Go Ray-S uhhh, AC323 say one.

Hahha call me along if you're gonna view rims ok! I've got nothing to do nowadays :(
BTW, stock tyres are RUNFLAT right?? hmm

sure will call you along. pm me your mobile? i'll first need to mend the leak at Boss on Thursday first, then do up the lights. Fix up the rims before dropping by to see the rims...

i got no more stock tyres...now using 2 different types of tyres. the front 2 & the rear 2 are different. feels so weird...never tried that before.

valjean;637035 said:
The GapTech has essentially the same function as the 2 separate Reinhold modules
- one-touch operation of roof button (no need to hold)
- open/close roof using remote

The Reinhold module for opening/closing while moving is sadly not available for E85. :(

Oh...I was told I can open d roof from my car key from a distance by holding down d boot button. Doesn't work! So this is the solution to that huh. Hmm......

78S BMW Z4;637293 said:
Oh...I was told I can open d roof from my car key from a distance by holding down d boot button. Doesn't work! So this is the solution to that huh. Hmm......

At least your motor still works man. My hydraulics + motor for the soft top is busted. It's PURE manual now. Good for tricep workouts..

ac323;637245 said:
Hi Val,

i think 1 voucher only for one item.........................

cheers

Thanks ac, think I'll try my luck coz T&C never stipulate 1 item only. Hehe.

78S BMW Z4;637293 said:

Can be done, but not with the boot button. Press unlock 3 times and hold on the 3rd press. You need to pause a little bit between each press and make sure that you are near enough for the remote to be in range (and the range is ridiculously short!).

I learnt this from a fellow forummer at a meet-up. :thumbsup:

That said, the GapTech RCH+ provides added functionality (which I personally find super useful):
- One touch (press for 0.5sec and release) for the roof buttons in the car, no need to press-and-hold for 8sec!
- Use remote to close the roof when walking away from the car!

cupholders;637294 said:
At least your motor still works man. My hydraulics + motor for the soft top is busted. It's PURE manual now. Good for tricep workouts..

Wow brudder, sounds like a work out man! New motor and hydraulics should be super expensive, right?

valjean;637309 said:
Thanks ac, think I'll try my luck coz T&C never stipulate 1 item only. Hehe.

Oh i see, just try.........

cheers

valjean;637313 said:
Wow brudder, sounds like a work out man! New motor and hydraulics should be super expensive, right?

Oh man...I'm sorry to hear.
Was scrolling thru the E85 parts from PML & realize they sell d hard tops. Not sure if it can be operated to transform to topless mode though.
Hmm

78S BMW Z4;637317 said:
Was scrolling thru the E85 parts from PML & realize they sell d hard tops. Not sure if it can be operated to transform to topless mode though.
Hmm

Nope, the hard-top is not convertible. Think in those four-season countries, some people may prefer to put on the hard-top (over the soft-top) during winter.

78S BMW Z4;637317 said:
Hmm

Don't bother with the hard tops haha, it's sooo heavy. Looking for the hydraulics and motors in scrapyard. Propel gonna help source. Getting it from PML is WAY to expensive.

cupholders;637294 said:

I got a spare motor for the roof top .... you interested ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub77
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back