All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

valjean;637901 said:
Hey bro, I was in exactly the same shoes as you - I started my search by looking at the SLK and also liked the hard-top and the front (but must have AMG kit). I was eventually swayed towards the E85 because I wanted a roadster that could also perform and live up to its sporty aspirations. In the same price bracket was only the pre-facelift SLK200 with supercharged 1.8L (164bhp, I think).

Having gone with the E85, its looks and strong lines are really growing on me. Other than the front where the AMG SLK gives it good competition, I'd say the Z4 looks better from all other angles. Plus the soft-top now seems like an advantage - open and close only 8s compared to 22s!

Hehe...for me, it was d price. I find d price of my current ride v attractive. Depreciation is low. Will be even lower if I can eventually shipped over to Australia for sale when it reach 10 yrs. Am adopting a 'wait and see what happens' view on d COE prices. Hence not getting a new one.

More affordable for me...new in working class. Not sure if I'm getting to like it more cuz I own it now, but d driving exp is really good. I can appreciate it.

But we get more of d ext noise & heat cuz of d softtop. It's a pain.
I cant get the aircon to cool d car after leaving it expose to sunlight!

See u later Cupholders. Going back to Boss soon.

cupholders;637897 said:
Hahahah, don't be disappointed in the E85, it's a pretty car :)
Well why not spend the weekends grooming your car??? Good exercise hahaha

I still like my ride. Just that it's aged. Not use to it cuz my last ride was new & less than 2.5 yrs when I sold it.

U can hardly find me groom my car myself...cuz not cost effective & also I don't want to work for my car. Haha. For me, bought car for convenience. So reluctant to spend a lot of time on it . Personal pref. Hehe

valjean;637901 said:
Hey bro, I was in exactly the same shoes as you - I started my search by looking at the SLK and also liked the hard-top and the front (but must have AMG kit). I was eventually swayed towards the E85 because I wanted a roadster that could also perform and live up to its sporty aspirations. In the same price bracket was only the pre-facelift SLK200 with supercharged 1.8L (164bhp, I think).

Having gone with the E85, its looks and strong lines are really growing on me. Other than the front where the AMG SLK gives it good competition, I'd say the Z4 looks better from all other angles. Plus the soft-top now seems like an advantage - open and close only 8s compared to 22s!

Oh...& an amateur can't tell d diff betw a new & old SLK. For z4 it's obvious since d new e89 is hardtop 

78S BMW Z4;637923 said:
Oh...& an amateur can't tell d diff betw a new & old SLK. For z4 it's obvious since d new e89 is hardtop 

True, but the 2011 SLK has just been launched! So R171 also looks as dated as our E85 liao. Hehe.

valjean;637931 said:
True, but the 2011 SLK has just been launched! So R171 also looks as dated as our E85 liao. Hehe.

all d bros here so knowledgable...i so enjoy 'talking & listening to all of u. haha

that day i park at spore indoor stadium an SLK park beside me.

by d way, for info, both LS & YB don't carry used rims 17" rims for our ride. Most of them carry only 18" for new ones too.

My 17" stock rims r so worthless now. haha

78S BMW Z4;637936 said:
by d way, for info, both LS & YB don't carry used rims 17" rims for our ride. Most of them carry only 18" for new ones too.

My 17" stock rims r so worthless now. haha

Go for 18" or even 19"! :evil::evil::evil:

Oh I see, then yeah it is very wasted to change tyres since you have spanking new ones...

I'm quite keen to switch out my RFTs too, but they are still very new and can run for a long time more, whereas they're not worth much if traded in. Probably will stick to the RFTs to save $$$.

valjean;637967 said:
Oh I see, then yeah it is very wasted to change tyres since you have spanking new ones...

I'm quite keen to switch out my RFTs too, but they are still very new and can run for a long time more, whereas they're not worth much if traded in. Probably will stick to the RFTs to save $$$.

Seeing Cupholders 19", realize 17" really v unsuitable. Can't match d car. Looks.......weird to me when I look at my car & rims now

78S BMW Z4;638009 said:
Seeing Cupholders 19", realize 17" really v unsuitable. Can't match d car. Looks.......weird to me when I look at my car & rims now

At first I wanted to stick to 18" but after being poison by 19" Z4, there is no going back.......

LondonBridge;638043 said:
At first I wanted to stick to 18" but after being poison by 19" Z4, there is no going back.......

I'll drop by to c the 19" AC Schnitzer. Wonder what's the dmg.

LondonBridge;638043 said:

Yeah so true. Bumpy ride and all also nevermind!

78S BMW Z4;638050 said:
I'll drop by to c the 19" AC Schnitzer. Wonder what's the dmg.

ACS very expensive, your eyes may pop out. Rims should be PML type of price range. Can consider Breyton, affordable and designed for BMW, albeit now made in China.

Alpina splitters 1k + spray + installation. Who wanna GB ? Maybe can get cheaper price. Hehehehhee

valjean;638062 said:
ACS very expensive, your eyes may pop out. Rims should be PML type of price range. Can consider Breyton, affordable and designed for BMW, albeit now made in China.

But Breyton weighs quite a bit ...... nice looking though.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
188betlinklink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back