All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

valjean;637319 said:
Nope, the hard-top is not convertible. Think in those four-season countries, some people may prefer to put on the hard-top (over the soft-top) during winter.

Aligning it so that it sits properly is an art as well......

Red_Bean_Bun;637357 said:
I got a spare motor for the roof top .... you interested ?

EH SERIOUS AH!?!?
I let you know on the parts i need first ok? BBM you.

cupholders;637294 said:
At least your motor still works man. My hydraulics + motor for the soft top is busted. It's PURE manual now. Good for tricep workouts..

Wow, bro... manual operated??? Can it be done?? My Z aging now... the unlocking mechanism are getting erratic now... Most of the times pop out fully, sometimes halfway... Lazy to have it check..

By the way, any folks replace their transmission fluid? if yes, at which interval?

wanaka;637438 said:
By the way, any folks replace their transmission fluid? if yes, at which interval?

Hi Wanaka,

some owner did at 40k or 50k..............80k will be good ( according to PML )

* can try BVO, J4C or BOSS
cheers

cupholders;637369 said:
EH SERIOUS AH!?!?

Red bean really well-stocked. impressive.
See, Cupholders, u never know what u will get if u never share your problems.
Bros here v helpful 

You're thought?
Heading down to BOSS tomorrow to discuss about the shipping. Bored of the stock 03 look.

mjs2t4.jpg

2501qmw.jpg

Hmmmm, saw the GURT ones but the splitter alone costs $700 sgd-ish. That's insane man...

wanaka;637438 said:

Did over 2 stages -

1. Change fluid only

2. 40k later drop the pan, change the filter and change the fluid.

The old fluid is like kopi C. New ones look like wine...........

You getting the alpina spoiler as well ?

cupholders;637739 said:
You're thought?
Heading down to BOSS tomorrow to discuss about the shipping. Bored of the stock 03 look.

mjs2t4.jpg

2501qmw.jpg

Hmmmm, saw the GURT ones but the splitter alone costs $700 sgd-ish. That's insane man...

78S BMW Z4;637477 said:
Red bean really well-stocked. impressive.
See, Cupholders, u never know what u will get if u never share your problems.
Bros here v helpful 

More like kena mis-diagnosed by the workshop and bought for nothing ....... sian.

wanaka;637435 said:
Wow, bro... manual operated??? Can it be done?? My Z aging now... the unlocking mechanism are getting erratic now... Most of the times pop out fully, sometimes halfway... Lazy to have it check..

I got an extra roof unlocking motor sitting in the store room. Let me know if you want......

cupholders;637369 said:
EH SERIOUS AH!?!?
Luuuucky you hahahaha. Hopefully it's the right part

RaidenGear;637782 said:
Luuuucky you hahahaha. Hopefully it's the right part

LUHLUHLUH, Haven seen you in so llongg. How's the 'playboy' coming along?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCrXUF-lX4]YouTube - BMW: The young & hip (Are you what you drive? Pt 3)[/ame]

'Bring More Women'...oh man.
I do agree ppl associate Bimmers as d younger crowd as compared to Mercs. Coincidentally, was looking at SLK before d E85! Prefered d front & d hardtop. But E89 is sexier than SLK IMO.

Gonna return to Boss soon...brake pads change, rotors change, sensors change, spark plugs change. Problem with not being a 1st owner......hope no other major probs!

Next stop to grooming...and consider whether to overhaul the HU. Exceeding budget......

78S BMW Z4;637878 said:
I do agree ppl associate Bimmers as d younger crowd as compared to Mercs. Coincidentally, was looking at SLK before d E85! Prefered d front & d hardtop. But E89 is sexier than SLK IMO.

Gonna return to Boss soon...brake pads change, rotors change, sensors change, spark plugs change. Problem with not being a 1st owner......hope no other major probs!

Next stop to grooming...and consider whether to overhaul the HU. Exceeding budget......

Hahahah, don't be disappointed in the E85, it's a pretty car :)
Well why not spend the weekends grooming your car??? Good exercise hahaha

78S BMW Z4;637878 said:

Hey bro, I was in exactly the same shoes as you - I started my search by looking at the SLK and also liked the hard-top and the front (but must have AMG kit). I was eventually swayed towards the E85 because I wanted a roadster that could also perform and live up to its sporty aspirations. In the same price bracket was only the pre-facelift SLK200 with supercharged 1.8L (164bhp, I think).

Having gone with the E85, its looks and strong lines are really growing on me. Other than the front where the AMG SLK gives it good competition, I'd say the Z4 looks better from all other angles. Plus the soft-top now seems like an advantage - open and close only 8s compared to 22s!

valjean;637901 said:
Hey bro, I was in exactly the same shoes as you - I started my search by looking at the SLK and also liked the hard-top and the front (but must have AMG kit). I was eventually swayed towards the E85 because I wanted a roadster that could also perform and live up to its sporty aspirations. In the same price bracket was only the pre-facelift SLK200 with supercharged 1.8L (164bhp, I think).

Having gone with the E85, its looks and strong lines are really growing on me. Other than the front where the AMG SLK gives it good competition, I'd say the Z4 looks better from all other angles. Plus the soft-top now seems like an advantage - open and close only 8s compared to 22s!

SLK top 22seconds?!!? Well nothing can beat mine la , open and closes 2second. ahahaha

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xocdiaonlinelife

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back