All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Yep... Almost tempted to get the 19" Breytons (and deep-dished ones) too.. But my car left only 3 years... my 18" F1 still looking 'lively'.. Nothing spectacular about my star spoke 108 rims, but 5 spokes are easy to wash!!! :) Unless I get a good deal, i guess I will stick with the current setup...

Red_Bean_Bun;638075 said:
But Breyton weighs quite a bit ...... nice looking though.....

Yeah agree, but hopefully no heavier than stock rims. I can't afford the expensive forged rims!

cupholders;638069 said:
Alpina splitters 1k + spray + installation. Who wanna GB ? Maybe can get cheaper price. Hehehehhee

The Alpina splitter is the whole piece of front bumper that you posted in post #972?

valjean;638104 said:
The Alpina splitter is the whole piece of front bumper that you posted in post #972?

It's just the bottom part of the bumper. Costly uhh :thinking:

valjean;638062 said:
ACS very expensive, your eyes may pop out. Rims should be PML type of price range. Can consider Breyton, affordable and designed for BMW, albeit now made in China.

Forum threads r full of discussions over whether to go for Breyton or BBS. Heard Dotz rims are not bad as well? Then there's DPE...

78S BMW Z4;638117 said:
Forum threads r full of discussions over whether to go for Breyton or BBS. Heard Dotz rims are not bad as well? Then there's DPE...

You could consider Prodrive or Volks.......

cupholders;638127 said:
OZ best deal, but they rarely come in staggered set.

Went around to look at d rims today. Like d Dotz that I seen. But was told with offset 35 might not be good fit for my ride. Was also advise against using 265 at the rear. Was told it will rub against my rear guard. Need to knock it out :x

78S BMW Z4;638511 said:
Went around to look at d rims today. Like d Dotz that I seen. But was told with offset 35 might not be good fit for my ride. Was also advise against using 265 at the rear. Was told it will rub against my rear guard. Need to knock it out :x

I think the rear has ample space assuming 9.5J. Its the front that would be a challenge for 235/35/19.

Red_Bean_Bun;638513 said:
I think the rear has ample space assuming 9.5J. Its the front that would be a challenge for 235/35/19.

Oh...just read that there's the 8.5 too. Not bad at all...it's made in Germany & TUV certified.
Seems good value compared to Breyton. Hmm

78S BMW Z4;638532 said:
Oh...just read that there's the 8.5 too. Not bad at all...it's made in Germany & TUV certified.

If its 8.5J in the front 235 with a 30 offset - roll fenders.

78S BMW Z4;638532 said:

Any pics of these Dotz rims you checked out?

Red_Bean_Bun;638542 said:
If its 8.5J in the front 235 with a 30 offset - roll fenders.

When I checked with LS, I was told that, 235 front and 265 rear would fit our cars without problem. Didn't mention that need to roll fender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Update on shopping list for those interested.

1. Roof remote control module.
Got the GapTech module at group buy price of GBP95.99 + GBP9.99 shipping. More info here: gap-Tech Remote Controlled Hood Plus module.

2. Carbon fiber side mirror replacement covers
Tekarbon will have stocks in end-May. Price is US$299.95 + US$25 shipping. More info here: BMW Carbon Fiber Mirror Cover Z4 MZ4 :: Tekarbon
BMW%20Z4%20MZ4%20Mirror%20Cover%202x2%20(1).jpg

3. Carbon fiber front grille
Planning to get the Autotecknic one at US$169.00 + US$49 shipping (price from eBay seller a little bit cheaper than from Autotecknic direct). More info here: AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Front Grille - BMW e85/ e86 Z4
BM-0218-4.jpg

Don't think we have the numbers to bargain down prices for items 2 and 3, but let me know who else is interested so we can at least split shipping. :D

valjean;638580 said:
Any pics of these Dotz rims you checked out?

DOTZ TUNING WHEELS - Felgen Alufelgen Leichtmetallfelgen | Overview

I'm looking at d Tupac. LS claims stronger den Breyton. But it's still cast, albeit TUV certified. LS unsure where it's made of, but has since read that it's Deutsch/Austria.

Thks to bros recommendations...went ard & checkout Breytons, BBS, OZs, Volks, Dotz & Prodrive ytd :)

valjean;638583 said:
When I checked with LS, I was told that, 235 front and 265 rear would fit our cars without problem. Didn't mention that need to roll fender.

yea...I talked to LS too & no concerns were raised. Over at SE they are more uncertain - over possibilty of using 265 at the rear. And also whether those Dotz rims with 35 offset can fit.

But for this specific set, SE price more competitive. Am biased over choosing CSC5 over PS2 for d RFTs. About same price

Next proj is d exhausts...got in mind what I wan already. Hehe

78S BMW Z4;638597 said:
DOTZ TUNING WHEELS - Felgen Alufelgen Leichtmetallfelgen | Overview

I'm looking at d Tupac. LS claims stronger den Breyton. But it's still cast, albeit TUV certified. LS unsure where it's made of, but has since read that it's Deutsch/Austria.

Thks to bros recommendations...went ard & checkout Breytons, BBS, OZs, Volks, Dotz & Prodrive ytd :)

Very nice deep-dish rim! The Touge and the Hanzo (reminds me of Kill Bill) rims also look very unique - sure to stand out. Do you mind sharing how much are the Dotz Tupacs in 19" (from LS and SE)?

Does Dotz also have the specific offset for our E85, or is it just an approximate fit with or without spacers?

78S BMW Z4;638599 said:
yea...I talked to LS too & no concerns were raised. Over at SE they are more uncertain - over possibilty of using 265 at the rear. And also whether those Dotz rims with 35 offset can fit.

But for this specific set, SE price more competitive. Am biased over choosing CSC5 over PS2 for d RFTs. About same price

Next proj is d exhausts...got in mind what I wan already. Hehe

How come you want to stick to RFTs? I am actually keen to switch out to non-RFTs. Mine are RE050 RFTs in 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 (stock sizes), lightly used with a lot of thread left - let me know if you are keen. :D

Exhaust is great. Keep us posted. You're on a roll, man! :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

valjean;638619 said:
Very nice deep-dish rim! The Touge and the Hanzo (reminds me of Kill Bill) rims also look very unique - sure to stand out. Do you mind sharing how much are the Dotz Tupacs in 19" (from LS and SE)?

Does Dotz also have the specific offset for our E85, or is it just an approximate fit with or without spacers?

How come you want to stick to RFTs? I am actually keen to switch out to non-RFTs. Mine are RE050 RFTs in 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 (stock sizes), lightly used with a lot of thread left - let me know if you are keen. :D

Exhaust is great. Keep us posted. You're on a roll, man! :dance:

Hi Val. You've got my pm. Below is some info from distributor of Dotz in spore. Appears rims are launched in late '09.

The Tupac is limited to a production capacity of 2,200 sets annually. 94 sets have been secured for our local market. Tupac employs the patented Lite tec® technology allowing it to be light but 75% stronger than conventional casting method.

The Tupac Shaft is in polished white finish that is limited to only 250 sets world-wide. To date, the Tupac is our most dramatic design and was well received this year at the Essen Motor Show by the general public.

Unfortunately, I think d Tupac offset is 35. Our offset appears to be 39 infront and 40 behind...might have a little problem getting them in. LS didn't raise any concerns. But SE did.

Actually I'm thinking of replacing my current tyres with CSC5...235/35/19 in front & 265/35/19 behind. Probably get all these done next week...rims, tyres, exhaust. But appears grooming has to be done before my lights & window rubbers can be fixed.

It's irritating to hear wind noise when running above 80kmh :(

valjean;638587 said:
Update on shopping list for those interested.

1. Roof remote control module.
Got the GapTech module at group buy price of GBP95.99 + GBP9.99 shipping. More info here: gap-Tech Remote Controlled Hood Plus module.

2. Carbon fiber side mirror replacement covers
Tekarbon will have stocks in end-May. Price is US$299.95 + US$25 shipping. More info here: BMW Carbon Fiber Mirror Cover Z4 MZ4 :: Tekarbon
BMW%20Z4%20MZ4%20Mirror%20Cover%202x2%20(1).jpg

3. Carbon fiber front grille
Planning to get the Autotecknic one at US$169.00 + US$49 shipping (price from eBay seller a little bit cheaper than from Autotecknic direct). More info here: AutoTecknic Carbon Fiber Front Grille - BMW e85/ e86 Z4
BM-0218-4.jpg

Don't think we have the numbers to bargain down prices for items 2 and 3, but let me know who else is interested so we can at least split shipping. :D

Bro can these fit e89?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubproperty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back