Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

sugi

Hi friends

Just would like to share my recent experience at PML Kp Arang service centre.

Last week my E65 DSC light came up which related to ABS and other short of things error sign came up.
Very worried as it is related to brakes, without further delay i detour to PML service centre.

There greeted to male service sales.
He says confirm my DSC ECU is gone and need to be change. That would cost about $4K+.
Since i am changing new DSC, he need to check when was my last software upgrade.
Reason is new DSC may not adapt to old software and there could be another error message upon replacement.

He look at his computer and says my last software upgrade is 2008 and i need to get the software upgraded.

Finally the best and most ridiculous statement from PML staff:

Since you are upgrading your software, your CCC (Computer onboard stuff) will crash as it is not compatible with new software. You need change to new CCC. :huhhuh:
That would estimate total cost at least $10K, he claim he has done similiar repair to another E65/E66 pointing to the car outside which has just been repaired. WTF :biggun: I pity the owner being ripped by PML. :verysad:

I challenge him how can such things happen where it is disadvantage to consumer.
I brought an example about my notebook computer where i upgrade from Window vista to Windows 7 and i do not need to change my note book.

He replies, no choice BMW design their car in such way. There is a life span for software and CCC. What The F. Sorry very piss off when i relate to the incident..

I think PML is trying to make customer look stupid into believing their words. Some people fall for their scam. Luckily i have little knowledge about electronics.
This incident make me realize PML is bunch of idiotic people without knowledge.

Today i have done my repair of DSC replacement outside. Device cost is about $1000 with software reflash and installation i paid $1400. Way much cheaper of 4K which i was quoted or more than $10K, if i fall for their scam.

Today i pledge and swear.......good bye PML

In my next car which i am aiming to get 535 F10, i will definitely get from PI.

I have drop email to BMW asia on this matter and earlier problem i had at PML alexandra during my service.
This may not change the fact of PML but i would like to share the most ridiculous statement of changing your car CCC due to software upgrade.

Cheers guys. ;)

Re: Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

sugi;557512 said:
Hi friends

Just would like to share my recent experience at PML Kp Arang service centre.

Last week my E65 DSC light came up which related to ABS and other short of things error sign came up.
Very worried as it is related to brakes, without further delay i detour to PML service centre.

There greeted to male service sales.
He says confirm my DSC ECU is gone and need to be change. That would cost about $4K+.
Since i am changing new DSC, he need to check when was my last software upgrade.
Reason is new DSC may not adapt to old software and there could be another error message upon replacement.

He look at his computer and says my last software upgrade is 2008 and i need to get the software upgraded.

Finally the best and most ridiculous statement from PML staff:

Since you are upgrading your software, your CCC (Computer onboard stuff) will crash as it is not compatible with new software. You need change to new CCC. :huhhuh:
That would estimate total cost at least $10K, he claim he has done similiar repair to another E65/E66 pointing to the car outside which has just been repaired. WTF :biggun: I pity the owner being ripped by PML. :verysad:

I challenge him how can such things happen where it is disadvantage to consumer.
I brought an example about my notebook computer where i upgrade from Window vista to Windows 7 and i do not need to change my note book.

He replies, no choice BMW design their car in such way. There is a life span for software and CCC. What The F. Sorry very piss off when i relate to the incident..

I think PML is trying to make customer look stupid into believing their words. Some people fall for their scam. Luckily i have little knowledge about electronics.
This incident make me realize PML is bunch of idiotic people without knowledge.

Today i have done my repair of DSC replacement outside. Device cost is about $1000 with software reflash and installation i paid $1400. Way much cheaper of 4K which i was quoted or more than $10K, if i fall for their scam.

Today i pledge and swear.......good bye PML

In my next car which i am aiming to get 535 F10, i will definitely get from PI.

I have drop email to BMW asia on this matter and earlier problem i had at PML alexandra during my service.
This may not change the fact of PML but i would like to share the most ridiculous statement of changing your car CCC due to software upgrade.

Cheers guys. ;)

Wahahahahahahahha...
BMW Asia probably wont do anything as they are likely to tell you the same thing as PML. If writing to BMW Asia made such a big difference, why are the same things looping over and over again day in and day out? Don't pin too much hope on this. Write to BMW Ag instead at [email protected] and make specific mention of the problem at hand and the people involved in this debacle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bottomline: They must ensure sub-system are backwards compatible or s/w can be updated and not involve hardware change.....plain stupid in my opinion..

Best write to BMW Asia, cc PML and BMW AG..sure got people respond to you...

you must change rim any tyre too because your new DSC, ECU, CCC cannot work with old rim & tyre. otherwise, your car cannot brake and worst is go sideway like crab.

zorro;557516 said:
Bottomline: They must ensure sub-system are backwards compatible or s/w can be updated and not involve hardware change.....plain stupid in my opinion..

Best write to BMW Asia, cc PML and BMW AG..sure got people respond to you...

Agreed. But all things equal, it could be done. The only reason why its "easier" to get a new system is so that PML does not have to code all the other sub-systems to a common integration level. It takes far too much time. To do an update of the ECU depending on how complicated it is can be as long as an overnight affair. It is much easier to get the concerned parts (Higher Cost) and just fit it in than to use existing parts and code the new ECU (Question of Time and Labour) and also other sub-systems software in order to get it to work. It just takes too much time. As I understand, the diagnostic machine and the coding machine are all in 1 machine. So if someone has to do a coding on the car, all other cars that requires diagnostic will have to be put on hold and delayed. I strongly feel for this reason, they are asking you to get everything new so that all they have to do it "plug and play and pray".

I have forwarded email to BMW AG as well.
I dont expect much from their reply.

I hope friends here will know about this and wont get ripped off by them.
:smack:

sugi;557522 said:

Well, BMW Ag will investigate the matter for sure. It will be heard. But BMW Asia and PML wont be too pleased with that I think. Haha... But you have every right to get your words across to let them know the kinda of dealership that is being run here. I am sure by now they would have already drawn an impression of how it is here seeing the amount of complaints.

when pml recently completed their new multi million show room,government reduced coe supply by half.so at one stroke, sales will drop by more than 50%.in order to recover investment,all tricks are enjoyed to suck money from innocent bmw owners.

i cannot comprehend why non warranty cars still go to PML.

Last time I wrote they responded within 24 hours but end of the day still need to pay PML to upgrade the Valve mechatronics s/w which should be a recall case..

So I won the battle but lost the war....

sugi;557522 said:

i was just wondering, if all this "scams" can be reported to CASE? This should bring some degree of heads up by the company?

calvin87;557557 said:
i was just wondering, if all this "scams" can be reported to CASE? This should bring some degree of heads up by the company?

Not too sure...but seems to me like similar strategy applied as the RWS $1,200 Sutan fish case.......so where does CASE comes in....

this is not scam la. just ketuk you.

like home aircon not very cold, call the "guy" and he say come down take a look.
later tell you, must top up gas ($40), clean aircon unit - the tok kong cleaning type (3 x $60), then must change abit of this and abit of that. total cost = $400+ !! in fact, top up gas $40 will solve the problem liao !

scam = transfer money to nigeria !

calvin87;557557 said:

Darth Vader;557535 said:
when pml recently completed their new multi million show room,government reduced coe supply by half.so at one stroke, sales will drop by more than 50%.in order to recover investment,all tricks are enjoyed to suck money from innocent bmw owners.

i cannot comprehend why non warranty cars still go to PML.

Neither can I comprehend on non-warranty cars going back to PML. Clearly, they have unsuitable people working there and most definitely towards the wrong goal. Sometimes it makes me ponder if they were trained to do this kinda things as it seems to be occurring with many other owners with different CSAs from different branches. Food for thought! :lol:

CASE comes in when they ask u to join as member so as to qualify to report your case and then ask the restaurant join their Casetrust scheme.
earn both sides.....clever sia...but problem still no solved :p

well hopefully one day the principal will come in to take back the distributorship and distribute on their own.

satinGHOST|r!der;557570 said:
Neither can I comprehend on non-warranty cars going back to PML. Clearly, they have unsuitable people working there and most definitely towards the wrong goal. Sometimes it makes me ponder if they were trained to do this kinda things as it seems to be occurring with many other owners with different CSAs from different branches. Food for thought! :lol:

not scam..

in bahasa melayu = ketuk u
in SAF talk = smoked u
in hokkien talk = they chop your cai tao :lol2:

wt_know;557567 said:
this is not scam la. just ketuk you.

like home aircon not very cold, call the "guy" and he say come down take a look.
later tell you, must top up gas ($40), clean aircon unit - the tok kong cleaning type (3 x $60), then must change abit of this and abit of that. total cost = $400+ !! in fact, top up gas $40 will solve the problem liao !

scam = transfer money to nigeria !

Its always Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) rule...

On one hand, I applauded these postings, cause it increases awareness of what's really happening.

On the other hand, I hate to say this, but as much as we could highlight, the majority will still go back to PML for servicing for some fear of backlash. Too long of living in a paternalistic society, of which subtle fear and threat of monopoly's control rule.

sszone;557574 said:
well hopefully one day the principal will come in to take back the distributorship and distribute on their own.

Yeah I hope for that too. Which is why I am not buying any more BMWs so long as PML and BMW Asia is in the picture. Until such a time BMW Ag comes in and cleans everything up and restores confidence in their brand and after-sales that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back