Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

Re: Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

kenntona;557584 said:
On one hand, I applauded these postings, cause it increases awareness of what's really happening.

On the other hand, I hate to say this, but as much as we could highlight, the majority will still go back to PML for servicing for some fear of backlash. Too long of living in a paternalistic society, of which subtle fear and threat of monopoly's control rule.

Well thats why we have forums like these. To create awareness so that owners alike are informed of such practices which are questionable. The way I look at it, there is only 2 solutions. For them to take all this feedback positively and do something about it. Or slowly cover up the given poor feedback about them and continue covering up everything as though nothing happened. I am more likely inclined to believe they would be most comfortable with the latter since that's been the norm for quite some time now.

calvin87;557587 said:
i'm really clueless, i would have been chop with no question asked.

Welcome Calvin! Stick around and you will learn fast. Alot of savings comes on knowing what to do at the right time. So you are already there. :thumbsup:

satinGHOST|r!der;557585 said:
Yeah I hope for that too. Which is why I am not buying any more BMWs so long as PML and BMW Asia is in the picture. Until such a time BMW Ag comes in and cleans everything up and restores confidence in their brand and after-sales that is.

dat will happen when bmw ag decide not to renew the exclusive distributor license to pml. anyone has privy to this?

golfgti;557593 said:
dat will happen when bmw ag decide not to renew the exclusive distributor license to pml. anyone has privy to this?

No idea on this but the time may very well be ticking against them. Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Can we have all these filed under one folder for future references?

kenntona;557598 said:

Yeah seems like a very good idea to consolidate all the complaints for new forummers to read and seek awareness. Much more organized to read.

Not too nong nong argo, my hiadee enquired about the BMW M sport suspension. PML quoted a price + installation of $1k. He was stunned n dunno what to say. I think I should ask my hiadee to write back to PML ' why yr installation cost is 6 times > than outside workshop, does it come with a sultan fish'?

Last edited by a moderator:

kenntona;557598 said:

Why not post on TODAY newspaper? Anyone is an editor?:topicsuc:

When I was driving my E46 318ci about 5 years ago, my auto gearbox was slightly jerky at about 105,000km. I went down to Kampong Arang and the CSA told me to change my gearbox and it will be smooth.

Who doesn't know that a brand-new gearbox will be smooth?!

After that I just did a flush with the gearbox at one of the workshops outside and travelled another 30,000 odd km before the car was exported.

After that I swear off BMW and PML totally. Until PML improves (or changed), a lot of people will not return.

jpwong;557617 said:
When I was driving my E46 318ci about 5 years ago, my auto gearbox was slightly jerky at about 105,000km. I went down to Kampong Arang and the CSA told me to change my gearbox and it will be smooth.

Who doesn't know that a brand-new gearbox will be smooth?!

After that I just did a flush with the gearbox at one of the workshops outside and travelled another 30,000 odd km before the car was exported.

After that I swear off BMW and PML totally. Until PML improves (or changed), a lot of people will not return.

Alot of deadwood have to go before things can start going in the right direction. All we can do is wait. It all starts from the top. Until such a time, I will never touch another BMW ever again. Seriously, the wrong people are still clinging on to their jobs which is why things are going from bad to worse. Its not quite hard to see how many complaints there are against the dealer here to make an obvious inference.

sugi;557522 said:
I have forwarded email to BMW AG as well.
I dont expect much from their reply.

I hope friends here will know about this and wont get ripped off by them.
:smack:

BMW AG replied that they will forward my concern to BMW Asia.
What the shit is this?:screwedu:
I think they dont bother about what is going on in ASIA.

BMW Asia reply to me that they have received my email and will get back to me.

Actually i do feel like writing to the press on these issue.
This is truly ripping people off.

Anyone have link to Editor friends so that they can publish at appropriate papers or topics?

Rgds

sugi;557637 said:

Anyone have link to Editor friends so that they can publish at appropriate papers or topics?

Rgds
From my experience, when they say they will get back to you, they will.

While we are not linked to both BMW Asia or PML officially, they do take note of the issues that customers from this forum face and will take proactive action whenever required. They've already done so far a couple of cases with regards from a couple of our members in here... So do be a little patient that they will follow up with you.

I know it's tough but hey, keep your cool.

kenntona;557598 said:
It might be useful if we had a form which required customer information details such as full name, IC number, contact details etc etc so that all incoming feedback are verified by the admin members and confirmed as authentic.

It's hard to say which competition here might be surrepitiously posting bad feedback. Happens to every business so for every posting here under some nickname, it's better to take it with a pinch of salt. I will suggest this to Performance Motors and see what they say about it.

kenntona;557584 said:
On one hand, I applauded these postings, cause it increases awareness of what's really happening.

On the other hand, I hate to say this, but as much as we could highlight, the majority will still go back to PML for servicing for some fear of backlash. Too long of living in a paternalistic society, of which subtle fear and threat of monopoly's control rule.

+1. Just stop going there lor, nothing wrong with buying from a reputable PI. Mod your car with the savings!

One question: Can the outside mechanic today able to service/repair every fault of the BMW especially the newer model like F10??? If ans is yes then PI route should be safe but still need to ensure that they are reputable ones and not running away with your deposit and cannot deliver car when COE rocketed...

My take is PML should command higher labour charges with higher overhead and better service ( I mean coffee, tea and the right tools and plastic sheet over your seat unlike my experience when service outside and find greasy stuff all over my seat) but not 200% more and yet unable to rectify the real cause or forcing owner to pay for service/parts that is part of design/mfg defects that should be rightfully borned by BMW Asia/AG.

Example, outside mechanic never tighten bolt or fasteners with correct torque. but by feeling...I believe PML does have right torque drivers...or
You cannot expect price of food (same Sultan fish) in RWS/Tong Lok same price as neighbourhood Zhi Char stall

i wonder which editor dare to publish, wait kena a defamatory lawsuit ah.
go STOMP!! best outlet for frustrated Singaporeans...haha

sugi;557637 said:

Rgds

ryan;557673 said:
From my experience, when they say they will get back to you, they will.

While we are not linked to both BMW Asia or PML officially, they do take note of the issues that customers from this forum face and will take proactive action whenever required. They've already done so far a couple of cases with regards from a couple of our members in here... So do be a little patient that they will follow up with you.

I know it's tough but hey, keep your cool.

Thanks Ryan :cool:

sugi;557637 said:

Rgds

See what I mean. That was exactly what I said.
Its best you write in the papers if you can. But then again since BMW Asia is viewing this thread probably they might just do something. But that's only because someones complaining. The problem at root still will not be solved for other customers because its just how everything is run.

ayah just buy some sime darby shares & make noise at the egm/agms lor.

satinGHOST|r!der;557701 said:
See what I mean. That was exactly what I said.
Its best you write in the papers if you can. But then again since BMW Asia is viewing this thread probably they might just do something. But that's only because someones complaining. The problem at root still will not be solved for other customers because its just how everything is run.
Omar, In their defense, they do their best to resolve customer issues even if warranty is out.

They will talk to the customers, speak to management if needs be as long warranties and specifications are not voided by mods. I'm just a bit concerned here because you're coming very hard on them based on your personal experience, and some facts are not being openly said about your previous experience. You know that, and i will not detail it here.

I don't speak on behalf of BMW, but I do know some of the management ranging from ground level staff to senior positions, and they are listening to us whenever members have a problem. You had a problem with them, however how they dealt with your case was not the standard as it did not involve a out of spec/warranty issue.

I don't mean no disrespect, but looking at the information recently that you've publicly posted on your Facebook page etc, in my opinion, they've done all they could to assist you the last time round.

They do listen and act whenever accordingly, and according to policy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmbet888comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back