Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

Re: Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

satinGHOST|r!der;557796 said:
The engine was not blown. It was just making an unusual noise and oil consumption was high. They told me this was normal but your warranty has been void. That's the issue here. I wanted to know if I could rely on their opinion if everything was ok but realised that it was not normal at all when I stripped the engine to find out they did not troubleshoot properly. Had I continued driving, it would have blown. That could have been a much worse position for me because it would not be able to even rebuild it.
Appreciate your clarification.

I cannot fathom why PML would void your warranty with no concrete evidence to back it up. Have made several claims in the past and they have been forthcoming in declining stuff i cannot claim due to my own doings.

Curious, how did you deduce that your engine wasn't troubleshooted correctly by PML and might have potentially blown up?

Slater;557799 said:
Appreciate your clarification.

I cannot fathom why PML would void your warranty with no concrete evidence to back it up. Have made several claims in the past and they have been forthcoming in declining stuff i cannot claim due to my own doings.

Curious, how did you deduce that your engine wasn't troubleshooted correctly by PML and might have potentially blown up?

Exactly my point. Unless you want to claim for something which was damaged, PML will decline if it is your own doing. Now, there is something wrong but PML and BMW Asia says everything is perfectly fine but your warranty has been voided after checking the car for 3 days. They claim the sound was from the air conditioner but I know that was bullshit. I am not contesting the voiding of my warranty once again. You pay to play. But the least is to have at least troubleshooted the engine properly instead of making up a stupid excuse. Any other customer would have been left clueless and lost because they would have thought it was normal. This is a MAJOR cause of concern as it appears the truth was far from it.

I knew the engine was not troubleshooted properly by PML because I sent the engine to Germany for a professional rebuild because PML insisted they wanted to repair the engine and I don't trust them for this kind of work when simple things they cant even do properly. The rebuilder clearly said the main bearings were so badly damaged that if i were to have drove it more, the crank would have eaten the bearings and through my block. And had I depended on what BOTH PML and BMW Asia said, I would not have much of an engine left to rebuild.

And the best thing is the bearings on 2008 cars are known to be problematic. Quite a handful of cars in USA had their engines replaced, not even repaired because of this. If you don't believe, hop on to REALOEM and look under E92 M3 2008, scan to Main Bearings and you will see that the part is only manufactured untill 10/2008 and the new bearings have a new part number. I just attach a screenshot here for convenience.

2008bk.jpg

Ticking engine sound between 1 and 3K? (remember snowm3) - Page 4 - M3 Forum 2011 2010 BMW M3 2009 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92 Look at last post.

Dealership wants to replace my engine with 1700 miles on the car. :( (kinda long) - M3 Forum 2011 2010 BMW M3 2009 BMW M3 BMW E90 M3 E92

Those who had the problems exactly like mine. BMW NA troubleshooted the car properly and this was the problem they found out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well it seems you have done your due dilligence on the issue.

Its good that you raise the issue. With PML browsing through the forum, an issue of this magnitude would definitely be given attention to. Am sure if your issue is as describe, they would be working closely with you in resolving it.:)

well, all i can say is indy shops are the best for out of warranty issues

Slater;557832 said:
Well it seems you have done your due dilligence on the issue.

Its good that you raise the issue. With PML browsing through the forum, an issue of this magnitude would definitely be given attention to. Am sure if your issue is as describe, they would be working closely with you in resolving it.:)

I always do my research only because I know PML is never abreast of issues with the models of every car. They try to skive and blame on things even remotely possible. I am sure many of you with simple mods on the car have been through some of their weirdest claims.

Take my 335i for example which I had a wastegate problem and the first in Singapore to have it. They claimed my CAI was responsible for the wastegate actuator going bad. However, they replaced that under warranty. A few months down the road, many other cars, even in total bone stock form, had this issue. It was a very common issue with most of the 335 cars needless to say the Fuel Pump going bad on so many much more 335 cars. I even know a few cars which were denied warranty because of the mod haven on their 335s. In USA, they have even started a class action suit against BMW because some people have gone through 3-4 fuel pumps and still having problems.

MWerks.com - California Class Action Suit Pursues BMW N54 Issues

Now, we shall see if PML and/BMW Asia contacts me because they think nothing is wrong so there is nothing to rectify. It is a clear cut fuck-up by them on the diagnosis and mis-reporting that everything is fine even though I have sent them pictures of the damage. As a customer who if had believed their statement encountered into an accident or mishap because he/she believed whatever PML/BMW Asia reported when it was actually not, it is a serious concern of responsibility as this concerns life. I am putting it from a very simple point of view. Like I mentioned, I don't care about warranty. I have already got it fixed. But I question the entire team on how they have misled me on the situation and their due responsibility towards customers.

P.S - I apologize to TS (Sugi) for mixing my experience in this thread but I was just carried away.

Hi Ghostrider Bro here.. Read about your unhappiness situation here, really feel for you but I have to say this applies to Cycle & Carrige Merc as well. Times that you complain, they would just tell you it's normal.

Can you imagine when you rev your car to 4-5k to overtake and the aircon produce funny smell and when you feedback to them they tell you it's normal.

What can you do?

If you are 1 of the 100 that has the problem, they will care less about you.

cisconet1234;560020 said:
Hi Ghostrider Bro here.. Read about your unhappiness situation here, really feel for you but I have to say this applies to Cycle & Carrige Merc as well. Times that you complain, they would just tell you it's normal.

Can you imagine when you rev your car to 4-5k to overtake and the aircon produce funny smell and when you feedback to them they tell you it's normal.

What can you do?

If you are 1 of the 100 that has the problem, they will care less about you.

Mine was not that. I specifically told them something is wrong and there was a funny noise. They said it was normal. But warranty void. Now I know that was a complete bullshit because my oil consumption was very bad. Every 2 weeks I needed a top up. They offered to tear the engine down but the price was very close to a full and proper rebuild.

I was sent a letter that everything is fine and the sound I heard was from the aircon with too much gas pressure. Bullshit? This was what it was when I opened the engine when I suspected they were trying to cover up something. Sure as hell does not look normal.

omar014.jpg

omar027.jpg

So who are they really trying to fool? They look like the ones this time.

omar001.jpg

The crank bearings as to which BMW changed after 10/2008 because they apparently were bad. Look at links posted by me. Post #61.
And you can see my crank bearings dont look too good as well.

satinGHOST|r!der;560025 said:
Mine was not that. I specifically told them something is wrong and there was a funny noise. They said it was normal. But warranty void. Now I know that was a complete bullshit because my oil consumption was very bad. Every 2 weeks I needed a top up. They offered to tear the engine down but the price was very close to a full and proper rebuild.

QUOTE]

Hi, Bro, if I read correctly, you sent your engine to Germany to repair? any shop in Singapore can do this?

kk2008;560036 said:

QUOTE]

Hi, Bro, if I read correctly, you sent your engine to Germany to repair? any shop in Singapore can do this?

With the extent of damage, I made the decision to send it to Germany because everything would be checked throughly. If it's a simple thing like top overhaul, most workshops can do this I believe. PML would be the last place anyone would send it to as they appear to be in able to have diagnosed my issue properly.

satinGHOST|r!der;560037 said:
kk2008;560036 said:
With the extent of damage, I made the decision to send it to Germany because everything would be checked throughly. If it's a simple thing like top overhaul, most workshops can do this I believe. PML would be the last place anyone would send it to as they appear to be in able to have diagnosed my issue properly.

woah.. it must be very costly to actually have it shipped there.. and also paying for labour since its german technicians doing the job..

approx damage? =/

dantito;560039 said:
satinGHOST|r!der;560037 said:
woah.. it must be very costly to actually have it shipped there.. and also paying for labour since its german technicians doing the job..

approx damage? =/

Yeah shipping was abit expensive. The cost of the rebuild was acceptable as it was a full rebuild instead of a repair plus its a stronger engine that what I had before so its good.

Any idea if you need to change bushings for the suspension after a few years of ownership? I think my suspension is making a lot of noise and its driving me crazy!

Physicist;560681 said:
Any idea if you need to change bushings for the suspension after a few years of ownership? I think my suspension is making a lot of noise and its driving me crazy!

Bro,

Its normal! But of course I wont say that. PML would. :thumbsup:
Get it changed to a better one like those Powerflex bushings. I think they should have it by now for the E92 platform.

My claim on the warranty has been denied because the ECU was not stock. Fine.

The warranty was void cos of your mod to the engine control unit? If so, pml may have difficulty knowing the cause of the problem cos it's not within their scope?

- error by robot , paiseh -

bm323;561623 said:
The warranty was void cos of your mod to the engine control unit? If so, pml may have difficulty knowing the cause of the problem cos it's not within their scope?

I don't really care if they void the warranty. But the fact that they assured me everything was fine but they had to void warranty reeked suspicion. That was a blatant lie and I had pictures to prove it otherwise when I sent it for a rebuild in Germany. So the problem was with PML and their probable conspiracy to hide something from me. Seeing the amount of crap after-service from various forummers in this forum, it's not quite hard to imagine that they are capable such a thing.

I have nothing to lose cause I already got it rebuilt rather than a fix PML offered. I am quite happy I did not proceed with PML / BMW Asia because clearly neither of them did not have a clue on what was wrong. And as principals, they ought to know what is wrong and advise the customer accordingly not hide from them. That's why we even get the cars from them being agents and especially paying such premiums.

Just to update what had happen to my case.

I wrote to BMW ag and Asia.
BMW Asia reply and ask someone from pml to give me a call.

I did receive a call from pml on 14 July.

They explain to me the service advisor was tying to explain to me on the extreme cases that I may need to change my ccc if the new dsc unit replaced did not work.
He also explain that pml has encountered such problem before.

It was a long talk on the phone but I feel pml trying to put words that they did the right thing.
I argue that I was advised that I need to change these whole system cause changing just the dsc would mot work.

I also argue the service advisor did not explain the matters to me in proper words and just simply I have to change the whole system.
If these issue was put and explain to me in proper procedure I would accept it rather than just telling consumer change everything.

Since PML think they are right I request a letter or official email to me.
I dongs expect this case just to close like this.
Till date I hv not receive these official explanation on letters.

I will wait few more days and I will pursue bmw on this.

do pml ever issue letter to customer to explain / put matters into black & white
anyone ever receive such letter from pml

wt_know;562278 said:
do pml ever issue letter to customer to explain / put matters into black & white
anyone ever receive such letter from pml

don't think they will pen it in black and white....:fineprin:

sugi;562263 said:
Just to update what had happen to my case.

I wrote to BMW ag and Asia.
BMW Asia reply and ask someone from pml to give me a call.

I did receive a call from pml on 14 July.

They explain to me the service advisor was tying to explain to me on the extreme cases that I may need to change my ccc if the new dsc unit replaced did not work.
He also explain that pml has encountered such problem before.

It was a long talk on the phone but I feel pml trying to put words that they did the right thing.
I argue that I was advised that I need to change these whole system cause changing just the dsc would mot work.

I also argue the service advisor did not explain the matters to me in proper words and just simply I have to change the whole system.
If these issue was put and explain to me in proper procedure I would accept it rather than just telling consumer change everything.

Since PML think they are right I request a letter or official email to me.
I dongs expect this case just to close like this.
Till date I hv not receive these official explanation on letters.

I will wait few more days and I will pursue bmw on this.

They are probably still finding out a reason they can put in black and white. Don't be surprised if it differs greatly from what you encountered. They will most likely blame it on something else that was the cause for the CCC failure even if it has nothing to do with it. Pathetic.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back