Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

Re: Another Ridiculous Experience @ PML

What about buy from PI and service by Munich Auto?

davidtch;565615 said:
What about buy from PI and service by Munich Auto?

Doubt that. But if Munich Auto can do a package for PI cars including an admission fee, I think that will be good. Of course PML being whinny over small things will get BMW Asia to intervene which they probably would because both of them are sleeping in bed with arms and legs locked with one another.

wow this thread is duper long...what is the outcome of Sugi's case?

As for GhostRider, can feel for you man as people tend to be very hasty in chucking your case aside cos of your aftermarket mods and therefore think you are trying to be 'funny' or get 'lucky' with your warranty claims. I applaud you for sharing your invaluable experience with us.

PML technicians are clearly not up to mark. For some pro-PML here, please....stop trying to defend the indefensible...pics GhostRider posted say it all....

We are the Consumers and PML like what one member pointed out in his v interesting analogy owed us a Professional Duty of Care regardless warranty voided or not....Why must we manage our expectations? How bt getting their senior mgt to to ups their expectations of their professionalism and technical know-how? If we have to manage our expectations, does it mean that they are not up to the mark? WE PAY TOP DOLLARS, so we expect TOP SERVICE!

Niva;565658 said:

As for GhostRider, can feel for you man as people tend to be very hasty in chucking your case aside cos of your aftermarket mods and therefore think you are trying to be 'funny' or get 'lucky' with your warranty claims. I applaud you for sharing your invaluable experience with us.

PML technicians are clearly not up to mark. For some pro-PML here, please....stop trying to defend the indefensible...pics GhostRider posted say it all....

We are the Consumers and PML like what one member pointed out in his v interesting analogy owed us a Professional Duty of Care regardless warranty voided or not....Why must we manage our expectations? How bt getting their senior mgt to to ups their expectations of their professionalism and technical know-how? If we have to manage our expectations, does it mean that they are not up to the mark? WE PAY TOP DOLLARS, so we expect TOP SERVICE!

I am not here to put people's good experience down but I notice rather that when a problem becomes complicating beyond their technical competency, they are not able to deal with it. They instead find ludicrous reasons to blame something not original even when it is not even remotely possible. I believe those who had good experience never had a problem that was complicated. Once you do, you will wonder the kind of people that is actually working there.

I will say this again that I am not angry or upset that I had warranty denied on my car but to actually give me something in black and white and tell me everything is fine is clearly IRRESPONSIBLE. I knew something was not right and to date, BMW Asia and PML were thoroughly useless in their diagnostics and handling of my case in matter. Needless to say, this is utterly pathetic and the fact remains that I was right and they were wrong.

I admire all those who has spoken on their frank experience with PML being a good or average one. I too had posted a few good things about their services from my previous BMWs but until i dealt with a much more complicating problem with them, I was left with a lot of resentment and disgust with the kind of incompetent people who has dealt with my case, directly or indirectly.

And Niva you are right that they are obliged to show duty of care and diligence in their work despite the end result as this can possibly make the difference between life and death. Naturally, you would trust a dealer to give you sound advise. But don't expect this from PML. :sneaky:

Just a refresher from 2003

FEB 21, 2003
BMW owner wins suit against car distributor
Judge awards woman damages for car which had overheating problems, but ruled that she was not entitled to full refund she wanted

By Selina Lum

A WOMAN who took BMW distributor Performance Motors to court over a manufacturing defect that made her BMW 728iA overheat won her case in the High Court yesterday.

Madam Florence Wee, 44, wanted to return the car to the distributor and get a full refund; or alternatively, damages.

The court said she should get damages but ruled that she was not entitled to a full refund.

It is rare for such cases to get this far, said her lawyer, Mr Leslie Phua, as such cases are usually settled out of court.

Madam Wee, the general manager of an advertising agency, had bought the car for $289,000 [about US$180,000] in November 1997.

She said its cooling system was already defective when she bought it. She sued the company last year.

By June 1999, the engine was losing coolant very quickly and every so often the 'check coolant level' indicator would come on.

In August 2001, the car overheated while she was driving.

She said she had driven it for only three months that year and it was in the workshop the rest of the time.

She said she repeatedly asked for the car to be fixed. But even changing the entire engine block did not solve the problem.

So she has kept it parked at home since last February.

Yesterday, Justice Woo Bih Li ruled that Performance Motors will have to pay damages to Madam Wee.

The amount will be assessed later.

But he also said it was 'not right' for Madam Wee to return the car and get a full refund when the car had been used for 1 1/2 years before the problem surfaced and had been in two accidents.

The judge said he was not convinced by Performance Motors' expert witness, who said the defects resulted from a power surge when the car got into its second accident in May 1999.

'In my view, the car was not of satisfactory quality,' he said.

Afterwards, a beaming Madam Wee said she was relieved the case was over.

'I've not encountered such a problem since I started driving at age 18,' she said. She now drives her Subaru Forrester or Nissan Cefiro.

'I will probably scrap the BMW, because it's not safe to drive such an unroadworthy car on the road,' she said, adding she knew of two other BMW 7-series owners who had experienced similar problems with the car.

But Performance Motors' Michael Goode, the general manager in charge of after-sales service, said: 'We've never had a problem quite like this one.

'When customers ask us to look at overheating problems, we've been able to resolve them quickly.'

In a statement, the company said it was 'pleased to note' that the court decided that Madam Wee was not entitled to reject the car and get a full refund.

It had tried to resolve the matter amicably, it said, but unfortunately the parties could not agree.

Performance Motors said it had not decided if it would appeal the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

satinGHOST|r!der;565628 said:
Doubt that. But if Munich Auto can do a package for PI cars including an admission fee, I think that will be good. Of course PML being whinny over small things will get BMW Asia to intervene which they probably would because both of them are sleeping in bed with arms and legs locked with one another.

Doubt it. Munich Auto is part owned by Sime Darby which wholly owns PML. They have basically spun off M Division and got a partner in crime in the process. I believe their policies would be in line, be in PML or MA. So if PML charges $10k for PI cars to be accepted into their workshop, MA would have reason to charge higher since M is a different level altogether.

Make sense?

TheNew7;565703 said:
Doubt it. Munich Auto is part owned by Sime Darby which wholly owns PML. They have basically spun off M Division and got a partner in crime in the process. I believe their policies would be in line, be in PML or MA. So if PML charges $10k for PI cars to be accepted into their workshop, MA would have reason to charge higher since M is a different level altogether.

Make sense?

From what I am told by some sources, the alliance with PML / Sime Darby is purely to give PML / Sime Darby some face. If they are owned by Sime Darby, then it would not be any different the kind of service we are getting from PML. When I was in discussions with BMW Asia on my case, they told me that Sime Darby group handling PML was not performing to their expectations because both entities have completely different policies and objectives that hindered what and how BMW Asia thinks it should be. So I don't think MA would be that prudent to have spent so much money to carve out the M cars from PML if they were still subject to the kind of management PML is under by Sime Darby. It will be just like extending the problem into another entity like PML Part 2.

MA is entirely on their own from staff to technicians and they follow guidelines directly from BMW Asia. It is for this reason that MA will be successful because an M specific showroom means higher service quality and expectations from customers to be overseen by BMW Asia. I am convinced their marketing team is up to the mark and dynamic. Totally opposite the aftersales department ironically.

Of course I could be wrong about this but this far, this is what I am being told. It may be inaccurate to some extent or inaccurate at all but worth the analysis. Because at the end of the day if MA is successful in bunching more sales for M, PML could possibly be history owing to the fact that BMW Asia can control their dealers much more in line with the BMW brand. And this is what it should have been!

Darth Vader;557535 said:
i cannot comprehend why non warranty cars still go to PML.

Hi Darth,
Greetings! Am new here. Could you kindly point me to a good alternative than PML. I need to get my 6 yr old a good service & a few parts changed.

Thanx!

Niva;565658 said:

Hi all

Sorry for not updating for so long :chinese:
Anyway, PML has sent me a letter as i requested to explain in black & white.
They stated that the service advisor is trying to put things in extreme scenario.

Anyway, nothing much you can expect from them by making so much noise.
Life goes on and learnt to expect less from these style of management.

My car has been serviced/repaired outside at 1/15 (not 1/5, it is 1/15) of the quote and i am happy till today.

Cheers guys

extreme scenario .... that's very convenient.
if you bite, then it's gone case. 1/15 of the repair cost sums it up.

sugi;557512 said:
Hi friends

Just would like to share my recent experience at PML Kp Arang service centre.

Last week my E65 DSC light came up which related to ABS and other short of things error sign came up.
Very worried as it is related to brakes, without further delay i detour to PML service centre.

There greeted to male service sales.
He says confirm my DSC ECU is gone and need to be change. That would cost about $4K+.
Since i am changing new DSC, he need to check when was my last software upgrade.
Reason is new DSC may not adapt to old software and there could be another error message upon replacement.

He look at his computer and says my last software upgrade is 2008 and i need to get the software upgraded.

Finally the best and most ridiculous statement from PML staff:

Since you are upgrading your software, your CCC (Computer onboard stuff) will crash as it is not compatible with new software. You need change to new CCC. :huhhuh:
That would estimate total cost at least $10K, he claim he has done similiar repair to another E65/E66 pointing to the car outside which has just been repaired. WTF :biggun: I pity the owner being ripped by PML. :verysad:

I challenge him how can such things happen where it is disadvantage to consumer.
I brought an example about my notebook computer where i upgrade from Window vista to Windows 7 and i do not need to change my note book.

He replies, no choice BMW design their car in such way. There is a life span for software and CCC. What The F. Sorry very piss off when i relate to the incident..

I think PML is trying to make customer look stupid into believing their words. Some people fall for their scam. Luckily i have little knowledge about electronics.
This incident make me realize PML is bunch of idiotic people without knowledge.

Today i have done my repair of DSC replacement outside. Device cost is about $1000 with software reflash and installation i paid $1400. Way much cheaper of 4K which i was quoted or more than $10K, if i fall for their scam.

Today i pledge and swear.......good bye PML

In my next car which i am aiming to get 535 F10, i will definitely get from PI.

I have drop email to BMW asia on this matter and earlier problem i had at PML alexandra during my service.
This may not change the fact of PML but i would like to share the most ridiculous statement of changing your car CCC due to software upgrade.

Cheers guys. ;)

Yes.... I also do my repairs outside. I also getting PI F10. No more PML... PUI!

I think end of the day, PML needs to revamp and relook into their business model.

Like many said, the brand and car models sell by themselves. They get good sales numbers and profits but it wud seem that their after sales service is not catching up and this can lead to more frustrated customer from making repeated purchases from them. As one of the most active forums in Singapore, I wonder if we can somehow highlight these unpleasant incidents to their TOP TOP management and get them to take us more seriously? Simply put, we send in our cars for services and software updates and we want to leave them in good hands. We want to drive away knowing that high standards of checks and time have been put into it to ensure that the cars are safe. simple as that. PML has to honor its warranty when parts are faulty within the period and not give a false sense of security to the drivers that their cars are okay when they are not and then when say warranty period is over, declare them unfit and quote X amt to the car owners. Its prob the worst kind of service one wud associate with a world renowned auto maker brand.

The incidents aired here appear that PML is trying not to incur additional losses by declaring that the car is 'fit' and 'safe' when its blatantly not. This doesnt inspire much confidence and if this perception of PML acting not in the interest of their customers' safety but that of the co. profits is not dealt with promptly and honestly, PML will lose its credibility and not be seen as a Choice after sales service provider and no matter how long they may offer to extend their warranty, people are just not going to buy it.

Not sure if we can do something abt these cases. Not trying to add fuel to the fire but honestly, I do not see myself buying a Beemer from them the next time round. Not sure if Porsche guys in Spore got issues like that from Stuggart. If so, does tt mean our technicians in spore are simply not catching up with the latest tech?

I use to think that PML is the only mutha farker in this. next I was told BMW ASIA is the one who set car prices for PML, and I believe has a certain level of say in what PML does. Collectively then, I would say PML and BMW Asia is not up to mark.

Thats why my next BMW(if it is a BMW) will be a PI BMW from BMW UK. So that BMW Asia can go kiss their own arse. I would love to let BMW GMBH know how badly their operations are run in SG.

i don't think there is a chance even to touch PML ... forget about even shaking them
many go to PI ... big deal ..... PI only bring in high end model and lifestyle car. and many still worry about PI in their promises (same same shitty)
PML is and continue to control the market. anytime they like it, just give another 10% discount, everyone will flock to PML to order and forget about what service that offer. bottomline ... bottomline ... as long as sales is good .... PML looks GREAT in the eye of BMW ASIA & BMW GMBH!

Ahbengdriver;571847 said:
I use to think that PML is the only mutha farker in this. next I was told BMW ASIA is the one who set car prices for PML, and I believe has a certain level of say in what PML does. Collectively then, I would say PML and BMW Asia is not up to mark.

Thats why my next BMW(if it is a BMW) will be a PI BMW from BMW UK. So that BMW Asia can go kiss their own arse. I would love to let BMW GMBH know how badly their operations are run in SG.

Thats what I have been trying to say since Day 1. Both are equally inefficient and incompetent in their own regard. And its only because the BMW Brand is well recognised and marketable. You think if they were carrying some other brand they will still be around in business? I hardly think so.

wt_know;571852 said:
i don't think there is a chance even to touch PML ... forget about even shaking them
many go to PI ... big deal ..... PI only bring in high end model and lifestyle car. and many still worry about PI in their promises (same same shitty)
PML is and continue to control the market. anytime they like it, just give another 10% discount, everyone will flock to PML to order and forget about what service that offer. bottomline ... bottomline ... as long as sales is good .... PML looks GREAT in the eye of BMW ASIA & BMW GMBH!

Yeah that's exactly how it is. As long as sales is good, they could not care less about the rest. The golden rule of maintaining customers in after-sales doesn't make sense to them as a result. They sell many cars but they don't laterally increase service and support staff. And with the number of Filipinos coming into the service side as technicians, I say they are just trying to save cost because none of them look like they have ever seen a screwdriver in their life.

They try hard but they got the wrong people working there. Very wrong people who knows nothing about cars. To put things in persepctive, the kind of answers you get when you know something is wrong and they try to make it rights with just 3 words; "It's Normal ,Sir."I am sure almost all of those who had issues with their cars at and sent it to PML has received this treatment. Some people I were in contact with for my case even claimed they were involved in this and that in Germany, but when it comes to troubleshooting and diagnosing the car, they cannot deliver. All talk and no action. Its become quite a joke that I don't wish to ever have to deal with anyone of them again. Which is why this is my last BMW at least until there is a major revamp from both PML and BMW Asia.

you are right ... more sales means you need to step up your service quality and professional expertise

i think PML case is something like Spore case with rapid increase of population -> mrt + housing cannot cope
in PML case, in these recent years there are MANY MANY bmw car being sold.
few weeks ago i was in kampong arang checking my car with a tester. as expected, no problem found (so to speak)
then the tester told me there are jammed pack with servicing that day till the next 1-2 weeks ... so either i come back again to leave the car there for 1-2 days to test

my "speculation" is they are swampped with standard servicing .... where got time and "heart" to look into perculiar problem ... they just want to push the car out of the service centre asap ?

the expansion/renovation in alexandar and kampong arang sums it up they have step up the "hardware" but they need to look into the "software" -> the people

wt_know;571865 said:
you are right ... more sales means you need to step up your service quality and professional expertise

i think PML case is something like Spore case with "sudden" increase of population -> mrt + housing cannot cope
in PML case, in these 2 years there are MANY MANY bmw car being sold.
few weeks ago i was in kampong arang checking my car with a tester. as expected, no problem found (so to speak)
then the "tester" told me there are jammed pack with servicing that day till the next 1.5 weeks ... so either i come back again to leave the car there for 1-2 days to test

my "speculation" is they are swampped with standard service work like change oil + oil filter everyday .... where got time to look into "serious" problem ... if got little time ...they just want to push the car out of the service centre asap ?

It's all about saving cost to them. Yes you can save costs but you do not save costs to a point it affects the quality of the service and the reputation of an authorized dealer. This is unacceptable to those who have paid premium to get the car and go through caveman servicing. To me it looks like PML is holding BMW Asia by the balls not the other way around. I mean for a principal to be in this market and service quality to still be pathetic after so many years, somebody is not enforcing the service quality levels that is expected at BMW. Think about it. PML has been like this for quite sometime now and recently with alot more cases exponentially creeping up, I am inclined to believe that PML has its own agenda and BMW Asia has its own. None in sync with the BMW Philosophy.

i agree..they have one of the most beautiful and largest showroom along Alexandra...beautiful and desirable products...but when it comes to after sales, they are found wanting.

But i guess there is nth we can do except to complain and complain.....just curious what abt the after sales service at Mercedes and Porsche? anyone care to share? wat abt munich automobile?

ahaha...actually i went to PML for my service recently...the technician in charge for my car is apparently not around at the time when i brought in the car as i was early..but i was told that he would call me later...no calls...so i decided to make a call to him hours later...and he was happily discussing with my car until i realised half way he doesnt know the model of my car even after i revealed my name and car number? wahhahah...best....when he realised the wrong model, he went like "ya the same, the cars are the same."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back