Any way to remove start/stop function?

aceivan

Hi bros!

Just curious if there is a way to remove the start stop function?
If yes, may I know where can I get it done.

Thanks!

Re: Any way to remove start/stop function?

Yes, at PML or any of the shops that has assess to the 'hidden' menus :)

you can ask pml to set/code the car to disable start/stop by default each time you start your car

PML disable start-stop need to pay $$$?

MA tell me need to buy some activation code, few hundred $$$ leh

PML can do it FOC lah - I did it :)

wobbles;867950 said:
PML can do it FOC lah - I did it :)

That what I thought too.

But if you want to change back to auto start stop after that, then they'll charge :)

Is it advised to disable the auto start / stop? I thought it would be advantage to have that!

if only the start/stop is sibei good and work perfectly that you don't even notice it.
however, it jerks like siao and i think start/stop will damage the gearbox and engine pre-maturely resulting more parts to be serviced/changed. i'm sure bmw engineer will argue this point.

it's a tradeoff ... you want to save $10 on fuel per tank or you want vroom vroom and shiok shiok driving
start/stop would be good for bangkok and jakarta traffic that each stop (interval) is > 5mins :lol:

Steptronic;868787 said:
Is it advised to disable the auto start / stop? I thought it would be advantage to have that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Good to know pml can do for free.

Here is why start stop is super irrelevant here:

1. Any time when you come to a complete stop like when at the "stop" line, the engine shuts down. If you immediately release the brake pedal as you noticed the circle/junction/slip road is clear, the car responds with a sudden violent jerk. Can't imagine what it does to the gearbox in that instance.

2. Our traffic jams here are crazy. Imagine, you are in those stop, move 2 car length, stop, move 2 car length type of traffic. How many times you want to restart the engine sia? Oh, and the ASS is very intrusive.

3. BMW was telling a lie when they said ASS does not affect air-con on hot days. It does, and severely does. Problem is, we only have hot days.

4. Ever been at a busy circle/junction without traffic light? Some times it is really that small little gap within traffic that allows you to filter out. Unforunately, you can't because by the time the ASS restarts the engine, too late liao.

5. As far as local bmw service cost is concerned, I rather burn an extra insignificant $10/month on petrol at the traffic light, than to have to spend $500 on battery, 1k on the starter motor and another few grand on the gearbox from excessive ASS.

Easy way to restart engine on ASS? Turn your steering wheel.

I couldn't agree more! It's really irrelevant, cost my new car it's fuel pump. PML managed to deactivate ASS by setting it off on default.

QUOTE=Slow_poke_driver;868801]Good to know pml can do for free.

1. Any time when you come to a complete stop like when at the "stop" line, the engine shuts down. If you immediately release the brake pedal as you noticed the circle/junction/slip road is clear, the car responds with a sudden violent jerk. Can't imagine what it does to the gearbox in that instance.

2. Our traffic jams here are crazy. Imagine, you are in those stop, move 2 car length, stop, move 2 car length type of traffic. How many times you want to restart the engine sia? Oh, and the ASS is very intrusive.

3. BMW was telling a lie when they said ASS does not affect air-con on hot days. It does, and severely does. Problem is, we only have hot days.

4. Ever been at a busy circle/junction without traffic light? Some times it is really that small little gap within traffic that allows you to filter out. Unforunately, you can't because by the time the ASS restarts the engine, too late liao.

5. As far as local bmw service cost is concerned, I rather burn an extra insignificant $10/month on petrol at the traffic light, than to have to spend $500 on battery, 1k on the starter motor and another few grand on the gearbox from excessive ASS.[/QUOTE]

i agree on the removal of the start/stop function. perhaps PML should consider allowing new purchasers to put in a request to set it up as disabled prior to the collection of the car. saves having to return back again.

I agree.
No time to send it back to deactivate it at the moment.
So, I always press start, and off it at the same time.

Thanks bros!!!

Slow_poke_driver;868801 said:
Good to know pml can do for free.

Bro, I don't have the violent jerk issue leh... on the times I play with the ASS function (eg. when I feel like really pushing Eco Pro to the max), the car starts almost whisper-silent and there's just the almost imperceptible vibration of the engine turning over. There's no lurching, no jerking and definitely no shuddering. Maybe something's not quite set right with your settings?

Just my 2 cents' worth - but anyway, I hardly ever use the ASS since I've gotten it programmed to permanently "off" :)

I think the start stop is built poorly in the 528, not for the 6 series

Perhaps there be a recall?

The ass in 528 is really cmi, my gf cannot feel my e60 gear jerk but can feel the ass in the f10

Terras14;869469 said:
The ass in 528 is really cmi, my gf cannot feel my e60 gear jerk but can feel the ass in the f10

Wow. This thread really getting steamy with the ASS talk + gf + feel my gear jerk + feel the ASS...

Sorry for OT :D

wobbles;869275 said:
Bro, I don't have the violent jerk issue leh... on the times I play with the ASS function (eg. when I feel like really pushing Eco Pro to the max), the car starts almost whisper-silent and there's just the almost imperceptible vibration of the engine turning over. There's no lurching, no jerking and definitely no shuddering. Maybe something's not quite set right with your settings?

Just my 2 cents' worth - but anyway, I hardly ever use the ASS since I've gotten it programmed to permanently "off" :)

It does not always happen. Only once in many many times of ass, in a certain situation. Something like what companies will call "phenomenon" in their technical release. Normally, there is no jerking if say like restarting at the traffic light.

It only happens when you come to a complete stop and then you release the brake pedal immediately when the engine cut off.

Just imagine, you driving towards a circle without traffic light(like the one near MA). You forgot that ass is on. Like usual, slowly roll toward the circle. See a big lorry coming from the side, you slowly brake. As you come to a complete stop, the lorry already pass liao. So, you release the brake right at the moment engine cut off. The whole car will give a violent jerk, like throwing the clutch on a "L" plate manual car in first gear.

There is some timing to it. Like that split second. So the amplitude of jerk will depend on when exactly you throw the brake pedal.

EleBest;869510 said:
If you go PML, we suggest code it to Memory your last setting: OFF or ON. which is better than just OFF it. Just my my opinion.

so that means that with the coding, it will remember the last setting.

with this new coding, if i turn ASS off, it will always remember that i want it off ... but ASS can also be turned on as required.

whoa cool!

many thanks!

thankgod;869512 said:
so that means that with the coding, it will remember the last setting.

with this new coding, if i turn ASS off, it will always remember that i want it off ... but ASS can also be turned on as required.

whoa cool!

many thanks!

Yes. You can turn it on if in the future you want it, for example, just want to show off, :juggle:

It is called ASS Memory.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back