Audi R8 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

centurion

Has anybody put his/her name down for test drive? possible now?

My contact never pick up her handphone! KNN!

Re: Audi R8 Testing

caySman;247725 said:
Has anybody put his/her name down for test drive? possible now?

My contact never pick up her handphone! KNN!

Coz u bot cayman, that's why.

caySman;247790 said:
i think Serene is reading this thread liao. She say don't have R8 test. KNN! I thought harry1 said got!

caySman - that is what i was told from my sales rep. car is supposedly due in mid October (launch) with a test car available (limited basis only) and its up to the sales rep to secure the test drive for u.

ouch.that crash is sad..the eyes popped out..
black car with CF paster..hmmm..not bad!

Just watched Fifth Gear's latest episode.. and unlike the "teaser" of the R8 they showed in Las Vegas, this time, they get to pit the R8 against the 911 C4S.

Pricing wise, I thought the R8 was supposed to be closer to the Turbo, so the comparison isn't exactly fair.

Still an interesting shootout.

If you can't get the full version, here's the youtube one

[youtube]P_Mu7MN3kL4[/youtube]

In other news...

9852861.jpg

Haha!!!

TripleM;247828 said:
Coz u bot cayman, that's why.

Harry1;247830 said:
caySman - that is what i was told from my sales rep. car is supposedly due in mid October (launch) with a test car available (limited basis only) and its up to the sales rep to secure the test drive for u.

3M and Harry1 - I'm damn pissed off. The reason why I bought the Cayman was because I fell in love during the test drive (and that was with a 100kg individual next to me).

Doesn't Audi realise that many times people buy their car not because they ALREADY want the car but because they like the car when they drive it?

SCREW THEM MAN!

thanks to Harry1 info, I got better news this morning. MAYBE can, but since I am not viewed as top 100 richest man in Singapore I have to ask 2X not like Harry1 ...

DoggieHowser;247866 said:
Just watched Fifth Gear's latest episode.. and unlike the "teaser" of the R8 they showed in Las Vegas, this time, they get to pit the R8 against the 911 C4S.

Pricing wise, I thought the R8 was supposed to be closer to the Turbo, so the comparison isn't exactly fair.

Haha!!!

The 4.2L R8 should be fairly compared with the C4S coz both cars are well under 500k in our local context..Power wise, yes there is big difference but 0-100kmh which is the most basic comparison stat is not very far off, both under 5secs for manual gearbox.

Turbo is well in excess of 600k and that should probably be compared with the V10 version of the R8 if it's available.

I wonder if the TT V10 from the new RS6 can fit in the R8 anot... ;)

nicholastan91;247957 said:
R8 is V8? tot it was a V10 with the Gallardo..wtf?

V8....wait fr one more year fr the potent V10 R8....with new 7 spd DSG gearbox(used by new nissan GTR). Lambo will donate the engine only towards the end of Gallardo's lifespan. as usual, u can smell end of a certain model life when the Italians launch "special", "lightweight", "anniversary" etc etc edition.

K

OK these are the scary times for me. Coz I find the R8 as a big cayman. Cheap great mid engine car which is not an Elise or Mitsu I. I read so much about it too.

The most scary thing is that once I test the R8 and if it is more involving than the Cayman, then it is time for me to sell backside to get it. I'm happy now because there's no other car I desire within reach (sure, I love the F430 Scuderia but it is unattainable, even if I could buy the car i would never be able to afford to change the oil).

So I do hope that it sucks. Really!

the R8 doenst look that nice in those picture.. (notwithstanding the crash damaging part of it)

i think it will go down as another wannabe supercar.

and since when do people test drive supercars?

hmm

since audi only has limited test drive slots then i guess its not meant to be a super car. then again, it is priced like a super car.

confusing carmaker continues to confuse

SMYUEN;248001 said:
the R8 doenst look that nice in those picture.. (notwithstanding the crash damaging part of it)

i think it will go down as another wannabe supercar.

and since when do people test drive supercars?

hmm

since audi only has limited test drive slots then i guess its not meant to be a super car. then again, it is priced like a super car.

confusing carmaker continues to confuse
actually, I don't give a flying piss whether it's a supercar or not. Does it drive super? Is the maintenance going to break me?. Can i afford it? These are the only considerations. That's why Masers and Ferraris and lambos are never in the picture coz I can't afford it, among other things.

I don't know about `since when did anybody test drive supercars' but if I can testdrive a R8 and I love it then they have a good probability of a sale. Since when did buying a supercar or any car require blind faith? Since when did the ridiculousness of not being able to test drive a car become a badge of pride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18win1org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back