Audio system upgrade - No mess

Re: Audio system upgrade - No mess

Completed my install today. Same setup as Frankiel, except I chose the Hertz EP4 amp instead as I wanted a full Hertz setup. Audio is now more crisp and I am happy :)

Tweeter Relocation

Ok, I had the tweeters mounted on my dash because:
1) Our standard E90s do not have tweeter mounts in the window frames
2) All installers recommend putting them on the dash because the sound stage is higher, blah, blah, blah..... I know, I know...:(

However, I find that sticking those 2 "tweety-birds" on the dash makes the car look so Jap and didn't like it at all. So, I indented 2 frames from PML and have them installed today. The pictures will speak a thousand words.

I know by doing this, I may get some flames for being stupid but I guess that's the way I like it..:)

Re: Tweeter Relocation

pengful;403835 said:
Ok, I had the tweeters mounted on my dash because:
1) Our standard E90s do not have tweeter mounts in the window frames
2) All installers recommend putting them on the dash because the sound stage is higher, blah, blah, blah..... I know, I know...:(

However, I find that sticking those 2 "tweety-birds" on the dash makes the car look so Jap and didn't like it at all. So, I indented 2 frames from PML and have them installed today. The pictures will speak a thousand words.

I know by doing this, I may get some flames for being stupid but I guess that's the way I like it..:)

personally, i agree with you that mounting the tweeters in the window frames is a much neater set up. i don't quite like the tweeters look in the first pic...

you could actually mount them on the A-pillar, provided they don't look too japanese to you.

Dear Pengful, can you share the all-in costs and your setup pls? Am considering a similar deal...

Anyone know what is the e90 standard speaker size. Does the E90 also have 2X4" speakers on front door, 2X6.5" woofer under driver seats and 2X4" at the rear deck? Cannot seem to find any information on speaker size in the forums.

frankiel;375927 said:
Hi all,
there is No tweeter speaker inside the wing mirror...you can call PML to verify...

For package deal, pls call them for quotation....anyway, i got a good deal...you can mention my name for their reference.......

Hertz / Audison Package ( from Italy)

2 x 4 inch mid speakers ( Hertz Hi-Energy)
2 x Hertz space tweeters
2 x Hertz space woofers 8 inch ( install below 2 front seats)
1 x LRX 4 channel amplifer AUDISON.

cheers!

twoxtone;462203 said:
Anyone know what is the e90 standard speaker size. Does the E90 also have 2X4" speakers on front door, 2X6.5" woofer under driver seats and 2X4" at the rear deck? Cannot seem to find any information on speaker size in the forums.

For 3-series, all speakers are standard 4". The subs under the seats are stock 6.5" but can fit up to 8".

pengful;394459 said:
Completed my install today. Same setup as Frankiel, except I chose the Hertz EP4 amp instead as I wanted a full Hertz setup. Audio is now more crisp and I am happy :)

With the addition of tweeters, does it in anyway take away the surround effects?

pengful;462217 said:
For 3-series, all speakers are standard 4". The subs under the seats are stock 6.5" but can fit up to 8".

Where is Soundwertz?

biggio;470479 said:
With the addition of tweeters, does it in anyway take away the surround effects?
Huh? Stock paper cone speakers can give surround effects? Then why do people change to components speakers?

Wow I like the OEM feel, nothing too over the top! must be great music playin' in ya ride!

frankiel;375927 said:
Hi all,
there is No tweeter speaker inside the wing mirror...you can call PML to verify...

For package deal, pls call them for quotation....anyway, i got a good deal...you can mention my name for their reference.......

Hertz / Audison Package ( from Italy)

2 x 4 inch mid speakers ( Hertz Hi-Energy)
2 x Hertz space tweeters
2 x Hertz space woofers 8 inch ( install below 2 front seats)
1 x LRX 4 channel amplifer AUDISON.

cheers!

I was initially skeptical, but turned out as another happy customer at Soundwerkz. My requirement was simple: significant improvement with no visible upgrade ha ha.

Got window side panel from PML and brought the stuff to Soundwerkz; requested the following setup:
Morel Hybrid Ovation 4 (instead of Hertz Hi-Energy)
Hertz K8L woofer (to replace the stock woofer)
Audison LRX 4.5 amp

Everything looks as stock setup. Amp is installed under the booth storage > may cause heat problem... but well... we don't drive hundreds miles in SG anyway

For consideration.... try to test your system with:
Outkast Speakerboxxx - Intro song
Emi Fujita's songs
Lisa Ono's C'est Si Bon

You are guaranteed to see significant difference.
Next possible upgrade is adding Audison Bit One.. but no more space to put it unnoticeable...

Happy CNY to Soundwerkz team and to all!

Sounds like you had a trust worthy installer.

I wasn't lucky a couple of years ago with my e90. I sent to decided to pay more and went to Swift Motion and the experience headed down south.
1. Cause the trip in the computer and the boss told me its normal and I had to beg PML to reset.
2. Screwed up my reverse sensor (no sound) and they went ahead to install an after market reverse sensor and drilled 2 holes at the rear number plate w/o asking me.
3. My middle passenger seat belt at the rear end went missing because the workers 'accidentally' tucked it under the bench.

As you can imagined how horrified I was. Not to mention the high frequency sound it made whenever I drive.

Sold off the car a yr ago and I've been putting ICE on hold for my e60. Been wanting to go back but I think it all about luck. I never had problems with my Jap rides.

pirate;602169 said:

I wasn't lucky a couple of years ago with my e90. I sent to decided to pay more and went to Swift Motion and the experience headed down south.
1. Cause the trip in the computer and the boss told me its normal and I had to beg PML to reset.
2. Screwed up my reverse sensor (no sound) and they went ahead to install an after market reverse sensor and drilled 2 holes at the rear number plate w/o asking me.
3. My middle passenger seat belt at the rear end went missing because the workers 'accidentally' tucked it under the bench.

As you can imagined how horrified I was. Not to mention the high frequency sound it made whenever I drive.

Sold off the car a yr ago and I've been putting ICE on hold for my e60. Been wanting to go back but I think it all about luck. I never had problems with my Jap rides.

Sorry to hear this but I guess the purpose of this forum is to share good experiences so that we can avoid spending unncessary trial-and-error money.

pirate;602169 said:

Swift motion that bad? was thinking of sending my car there boss

Hi All,
I have a lightly used (approx. 2months) HELIX, A6, 6channel amp for sale.
Like new in box. Had purchased it at $1800 from Chuan Sing Auto & is looking for a new home as i havent any space for my new ride.

Those whom may keen, please drop me a message or call me at 9023 9023 with your offers, but no low ballers pleaseeee.
Meetup for viewing is possible. Item could be tested & verified in good working condition at point of transaction. Thanks!

Don't hold anymore :) You wanna check out the upgrade on my ride done by Soundwerkz?

pirate;602169 said:

i suppose I was the 'sway' one. I paid at least 25%-30% more than what you would actually pay for to have it done.
On top of that, I had to ferry the car to and fro more than the usual.

pengful;602630 said:
Sorry to hear this but I guess the purpose of this forum is to share good experiences so that we can avoid spending unncessary trial-and-error money.

i suppose I was the 'sway' one. I paid at least 25%-30% more than what you would actually pay for to have it done.
On top of that, I had to ferry the car to and fro more than the usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back