AutoInc SKC 2012 - Supercar Club Feature Race (19 August 2012)

Re: AutoInc SKC 2012 - Supercar Club Feature Race (19 August 2012)

Congrats to lambo and M teams.

How much does one of these go-karts cost?

well the proper 30+hp karts that go racing...brand new about 18k. a few brands though....chasis n then most run KF2 engines...38hp. i just got started. m not the best authority on it. ask ryan. he is the bad wolf chasing me down. gobbled me up a few corners later. even tho im much lighter....its a big mountain to climb. humbling.

if u keen contact ryan or shaun. zanardi karts r the in thing. most of us running it. hassle free...arrive n drive. they take care of the rest. u dun worry about storage or maintainance etc etc...

world champion chasis etc...the most impt thing is hving the right guys to maintain it.

Toto racing in black not hot ah? What size racing overalls you wearing? we should be around the same size.

totoseow;883749 said:
if u keen contact ryan or shaun. zanardi karts r the in thing. most of us running it. hassle free...arrive n drive. they take care of the rest. u dun worry about storage or maintainance etc etc...

world champion chasis etc...the most impt thing is hving the right guys to maintain it.

how about tony karts?

hot like fcuk..i hate blacks. but thats the only suit i hv...n its super thick too. car suit..not kart.

no la diff size...im taller n longer n thicker. also u r pei hor.

zhenlie;883754 said:
how about tony karts?

when i started out hunting for karts...these few names popped out. crg maranello tony bireil gp zanardi etc..

end of the day..much like cars. u buy the best fastest etc etc....can u wrangle out the max from these chasis? unlikely. so i stuck with my friends who run veritas racing who brings zanardi.....end of the day i can tell u....the convenience of it all...arrive n drive. no one else can do it WELL.

n in case u r wondering. the lap record in masterclass -kartright i heard was run on a zanardi kart. not me. YET. im only 7 seconds away.....but SOON i will eat that fat big bone pig ryan for dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:

im still browsing around...the cost is quite a challenge to convince my other half...lol...

actually its ok. u meet friends..n ppl from here. im still trying to build up my upper body strength. so far...ahem....only got strength below.

karting is very physically exhausting le..going at that speed...no aircon..no suspension..no ABS...tons of rubber and sand and rock flying at you..butt absorbing all the shock..ribs absorbing the pain from cornering..and the heat from wearing the suit and helmet...but its exhilarating!

damned i feel like a pampered baby....

just curious, how much it cost to maintain the Zanardi kart, via Veritas racing?

Awesome stuffs! I am definitely keen. Need to start planning for it. My lazy ass can't be bothered to drive up to Sepang for some track action, so this should be the next best thing!

clar;883785 said:
Awesome stuffs! I am definitely keen. Need to start planning for it. My lazy ass can't be bothered to drive up to Sepang for some track action, so this should be the next best thing!

i suggest u go down on a wkend n drive the rental karts first n see if u like it. Also karting means ure body is exposed n quite easy to get injuries if driven wrongly. Ive a friend got quite badly bruised when a kart behind didnt stop in time, crashed into his kart n left a huge bloody gash on his elbow n arm.

My timing at kartrigth using rental kart is 50s flat...

Disclosure - I am a director/shareholder of Veritas Racing.

It really depends on the number of times you kart per week and if you have any damage to the kart. That said, if you're pretty hardcore and go every weekend, realistically you're going to be spending about 1,300 ~ 1,500. Veritas has very good technical support, a great bunch of friends from all fields and very sound mechanics.

That said, that cost is significantly less than depreciation of most sports cars, yet offer you extremely high intensity and you will spend that same amount driving up to Sepang for a track day (think tyres, consumables, hotel, petrol, risks of accidents etc.

Check out this video below from our recent SKC race at the F1 track - very high speed, technical and very thrilling driving.

Driver is Duncan Nursey, in the veteran class (45 years old).
[video=youtube;IW-xCVHBxqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW-xCVHBxqE[/video]

I LOVE karting and especially with friends it's 10x better. For people who think they can drive well, karting is indeed very very humbling indeed. That said, it helps build a better sense of driving and really a lot of it boils down to driver skill to stay with the race pack. I only picked up karting less than 3 years ago but man, it is the most fun I ever had in a long long time. EVERY WEEKEND!

BTW - that's me below, taking a close line. You have no idea what it's like doing this at 65km/hr inches off the ground.

View attachment 40764

PM me if you're interested!

hetraa;883778 said:
just curious, how much it cost to maintain the Zanardi kart, via Veritas racing?

Clarence - let me know if you're keen.

We have Kenneth smith (from the M Club - 1M Coupe driver) who's with us, winner of last season's SKC with Veritas Racing, and we have a couple of M guys coming on board also. Haha all in the family.

Lung, president of ferrari club is also with us, together with toto, carrie, and a few other equally very enthusiastic folks from all various fields.

You're right about not driving up to Sepang. We run our setup as an arrive-and-drive, so you don't deal with all the troublesome followup (maintenance etc). Hop in and RUN.

clar;883785 said:

Also - you have less run-in issues with the weather.

I.e. If you make a 300km trip to Sepang and it rains, your track is bloody ruined and there's nothing much you can do. You can drive in the rain but it's very dicey. Went up with semi-slicks? You can pretty much forget about running even half aggressively.

We've seen a close friend aquaplaned while he was driving at 80km/hr on the last straight at Sepang into the sidewall. 80k in damages. :(

For karting - you can run weekends (Sat/Sun) or Weekdays (Wednesday evenings), and even if it rains, we have rain tyres and rainsuit so you enjoy it. Takes less than 10 minutes to do a tyre swap from slicks to wets. Driving in the wet is equally as fun and challenging, not so strenuous on the body yet allows you to practice precise throttle and steering input.

Many many plus points on driving karts over track, and don't even need to compare with street driving. Haha.

You crash/total a car at Sepang(or driving up/back) and your costs are potentially 30k to 250k(total loss). You crash a kart, and your max damage is a chassis replacement at 12-13k. Other parts like engines, chains etc are robust and we have a ready stream of parts to make sure all runs well.

For karting - we're all geared up with good safety equipment, neck brace, rib guards, shielded gloves, helmet, proper suit etc so the risks are kept at a low. The worst injury I ever had was a rib contusion which took me 6 weeks to recover. Other than that, the fun is worth all of it.

I've never heard of anyone getting injured from tracking at Sepang.

Karting, on the other hand, sounds dangerous.

Tanzy;883813 said:
I've never heard of anyone getting injured from tracking at Sepang.

Karting, on the other hand, sounds dangerous.

its dangerous when u or your frens drive it like a normal car. Kart has no ABS or power steering so its v pure form of driving, means u gotta brake in a straight line as much as possible. Alot of spinouts occur when u go too hot into corner then slam brakes, then its dangerous coz if someone behind u... n im talking abt the rental karts.... the full on karts another level up of thrills... :D

but its fun n im trying 2 find kakis to go race on weekends too

BTW for sepang, ive seen a scooby didnt stop at last turn n went straight into barrier across d grass... driver had 2 b ambulanced out if i rem correctly...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back