Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Experience at Zaino Detailing Centre (First Auto Venture)

edisonsoul;604218 said:
Hi bros

Was pretty taken aback by the backlash surrounding first auto as my experiences have been impeccable thus far ever since I signed up with them two years back. Always felt they were car groomers with pride and passion, and I reckon they will go the extra mile in attending to minor details such as the exhaust pipes and badges within the cabin. Likewise, the service attitude has always been sincere and prompt and I have not experienced any hard selling tactics as well. On the contrary I am probably guilty of hard bargaining on my part. :) Anyway I'd encourage fellow bros not to dismiss first auto as an option that quickly. In fact,I reckon the negativity and constructive feedback received thus far will probably spur SS and his team further in delivering quality grooming services moving forward. All the best!

Thank you very much sir!

My sincere appreciation towards all kind words from all bros.

well to be fair to SS tay, sometimes for biz like polishing and etc, its hard to eyeball the staff all the time.
one of my frens was running a polishing biz too using Klasse products but workmanship got shittier by each visit.
as frens we were all paiseh to say it to his face abt the wormanship and his crew so we quietly move on to other polishers.
so its actually a good thing that someone complained and Bro SS Tay took note of it, rectified it and improve the service.

as long as things have improved, i say let's move on guys

I believe pictures speak a thousand words..

First time i washed the car today since it was done with zaino on 30th Dec 2010

-pics taken with a IP4 camera,, :shakehea:
My bonnet before Z6
IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

My boot After Z6:thumbsup:
IMG_0232.jpg

My friends white type R after wash
IMG_0230.jpg

Upclose of bonnet- this is Before Z6
IMG_0231.jpg

Heres a objective review..

heres what i did today
I hosed down the car.
washed with Z7
quick detailed with Z6

Water beading after first hose down- so so i feel -6/10
water sheeting (after wash, hose) with water poured from the top- 7/10 quite good
Smoothness after washing is still there after a week. 8/10
Smoothness after using Z6..Very good.. 9/10:dance:

Only thing i would comment is that the "deepness" of the shine seems not as good as Optimum. Zaino has a "colder" shine while optimum has a warmer deeper shine. Too lazy to use good carnuaba wax though cos i heard that gives the deepest , warmest shine...

Anyways... overall i find zaino is :thumbsup:

ps: today i used the duragloss drying towel for the first time.... its really the best drying towel i have ever used.. tried b4 autoglym, megiars, those waffle weave ones also...this beats all of them hands down... size, absorbent power..best...
DryingTowel2_Product.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

never have doubt on Zanio .. it is the workmanship and attitude of the worker.

I do can understand that it is not easy to manage a team of workers.

Where to buy the drying cloth and how much? What difference is there using the chamois artificial cloth?.

Surge;604248 said:
I believe pictures speak a thousand words..

First time i washed the car today since it was done with zaino on 30th Dec 2010

-pics taken with a IP4 camera,, :shakehea:
My bonnet before Z6
IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

My boot After Z6:thumbsup:
IMG_0232.jpg

My friends white type R after wash
IMG_0230.jpg

Upclose of bonnet- this is Before Z6
IMG_0231.jpg

Heres a objective review..

heres what i did today
I hosed down the car.
washed with Z7
quick detailed with Z6

Water beading after first hose down- so so i feel -6/10
water sheeting (after wash, hose) with water poured from the top- 7/10 quite good
Smoothness after washing is still there after a week. 8/10
Smoothness after using Z6..Very good.. 9/10:dance:

Only thing i would comment is that the "deepness" of the shine seems not as good as Optimum. Zaino has a "colder" shine while optimum has a warmer deeper shine. Too lazy to use good carnuaba wax though cos i heard that gives the deepest , warmest shine...

Anyways... overall i find zaino is :thumbsup:

ps: today i used the duragloss drying towel for the first time.... its really the best drying towel i have ever used.. tried b4 autoglym, megiars, those waffle weave ones also...this beats all of them hands down... size, absorbent power..best...
DryingTowel2_Product.jpg

Just to share my positive experiences with First Auto Ventures here as well.

I have been sending both my cars to them regularly for more than 2 years. They have always put a big smile on my face when I collect my cars after the session. Swirl marks and fine scratches are always removed, leaving my cars kim kim goot goot every time. The service and workmanship of SS Tay and his team is really good as well, in fact, I think they sayang my cars more than me! There was one time SS Tay sent me a SMS after I've collected my car, and he asked me to please take good care of my car, cos he see already heart pain! I was really touched that he cares for my car more than me!

Just want to add that I am in no way related to them, and that I am just a very satisfied customer.

SS Tay, congrats to your new premises, and hope your business will continue to HUAT from here!

BTW, please reserve 2 slots for me for CNY, one on 31 Jan and the other on 1 Feb. Thanks buddy and hope everything will work out well here!

Ultimatedriver;604296 said:
Where to buy the drying cloth and how much? What difference is there using the chamois artificial cloth?.

I got it from
Maddetailer

The difference is that is is really plush and thick.. so in areas which trap water (like headlight seams, fuel cap etc) just like to put the towel there and hold it for 1/2 secs and it will suck up the water. because absorbency is so good, so 1 wipe and the surface is dry.

Anyways, you have to try it yourself to see if you like it. I am just a user also and i believe diff pple have diff requirements for their detailing tools...

abit :offtopic: already so I'll stop here b4 i get :shoot:

Cheers

Must say I have been always happy with their service and Jean has always been nothing but friendly.
Credit where credit is due.

Hi all Bros who responsed to the thread,
Since I started the thread, I would like to reinterate that I have nothing against the workmanship shown else I would not have return for another round of polishing service.
The main issue I faced is the pressure selling I experience.
Hi Tay, as mentioned in your earlier reply that you will review the CCTV and investigate , I realy look forward to your reply.

Khoo;604576 said:
Since I started the thread, I would like to reinterate that I have nothing against the workmanship shown else I would not have return for another round of polishing service.
Hi Tay, as mentioned in your earlier reply that you will review the CCTV and investigate , I realy look forward to your reply.

Hi Bro Khoo

I will get full account from Jean, digest and i will post my findings here.
I believe that would help to mend the miscommunication.

I cant find any motivation reason why my guys will ever pressure sell cz there is no commision involve.

In the meantime, please feel free to sms or call me should there be a need.

Have a great day.

Cheers.

I hope that this matter can be resolved quickly. I've booked my virgin visit there be4 CNY, and are having cold feet right now.....pressure tactics, undone patches, broken stuffs in the car....urgh....

Boss Tay - your leadership in rectifying the probs will be much appreciated....

Khoo;604576 said:

Dear Bro Khoo

Thank you for the opportunity.

Here is a short account of what happen, to the best of my knowledge.

Since words can be translated into many moods because the lack of body and facial expression, i would like to state that this reply come with a friendly gesture from me. :)

Mr Khoo called in to make appointment to come down the same day.
Over the phone, Jean quoted $228 to you.
Over here, we have only one type of service package, which includes Interior.
Jean mentioned to you that paint correction is not included, should your car requires one due to watermarks and swirls.
You enquire the price of the paint corrections and Jean uoted you price range of $80 - $180 upwards depending on paintwork condition.
Jean advised to drive your car down to have a quick assesment. This way, quotation can be done according to paintwork condition.
You asked Jean how long it takes, and Jean answered you ard 3-4 hours if w/o paint correction.
You request job to be done by 5pm.
Considering many car owner cancelled their appointment due to fowl weather, Jean obliged.
Tele conversation ended after you told jean u will be coming down.

Approx 1310hrs, you reached.
As Jean was ushering you in, My foreman was having his lunch upstairs.
She turned on the working lights and got the foreman to come down to asses the paint condition.
While foreman was sizing the condition, Jean starts to go thru the price list on the phamplets. Its just the SOP over here.

Your last visit was in year 2009. :)

Foreman quoted $180 for paint correction, whole car, 13 panels altogether, for a single session.
Quotation was due to watermarks and swirls.
Price was factored in with the cost of products, labour, pads wears etc.
Compounds and pads do not come cheap at all.

However, foreman mentioned voluntarily that in case you decides to sign up for the package at the end of the day, he will waive $40 off from the earlier quotation.

You mentioned to Jean that u are more comfortable with single session.

Jean says, single session is just as great but she recommend that you to at least repair your paintwork before sealant application because if you do not do that, during collection, you might still see lots of imperfections and surface marring since sealant does nothing to repair the paint surface but only adds protections and gloss.

You then ask foreman if all the scratches can be removed. Foreman says most will go away but deeper ones can only be reduced with paint correction.

You told the guys that u came before and remember that the price was below $200.
You even ask if Rapi, Ah heng is still around and also if i am still the boss. Jean replied that TAY is still the business owner.

You then proceed to fill up your particulars on the Job sheet.

While u are writing, Jean and foreman went ard the car to asses your car again.

Then Jean came to u this time quoting a discount of paint correction to $120 for paint correction on the hood, roof and boot.

Jean go on to reduce further because she does not want you to return collecting the car with marring later on that might make u very dissapointed with the finish.

(We experience cases of customers telling us they do not mind the marring initially, but after the job is done, apparently, the marring became more pronounced, considering that the contrasting of the bad and good reflection starts to gap even more. In few cases, we have to do a complimentary PC for the hood to make the customers feel better)

After that, u took along with you the job card filled with your particulars and the price quoted and drive off just like that.

Foreman and Jean stood there and watch you go about 1340hrs.

If you would have stayed probably, you will be late for your 5pm Appointment.

Bro Khoo,

If you still have not done your car, pls drop me an sms and pls allow me to remedy the situation.

I will come by and attend to you personally so that this episode will end positively. :)

I always love to make another friend.

Yours sincerely,

SS TAY

Ckchow13;605227 said:
I hope that this matter can be resolved quickly. I've booked my virgin visit there be4 CNY, and are having cold feet right now.....pressure tactics, undone patches, broken stuffs in the car....urgh....

Boss Tay - your leadership in rectifying the probs will be much appreciated....

I think SSTay and team has done quite a pretty good job. Erm... a little pricey, but i am okay if they assure swirl free visual on my babe. ;)

Gonna call jean to book my 3rd session, hopefully got slot for me ar Tay. ;p

Gleamese;605388 said:
I think SSTay and team has done quite a pretty good job. Erm... a little pricey, but i am okay if they assure swirl free visual on my babe. ;)

Gonna call jean to book my 3rd session, hopefully got slot for me ar Tay. ;p

Thank u sir ! :)

Greetings Tey,
Thanks for your effort in resolving this matter.
I will go back to your Detailing Centre (as all along I have nothing against your guy's workmanship) and hope you could slot in a schedule for me next week.
Look forward to see you and hope to put this matter to rest and move on.
Thanks.
Khoo

Hi bro Khoo.

I will make ctc with u real soon.

Thank you once again for the opportunity. :)

Thank you everybody for all the kind words, and constructive feedbacks.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Glad the issue has been happily resolved by both thread starter and sponsor. We're taking a decision to close this thread.

If you have any other feedback - feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back