• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Beware of this Car Dealer

Re: Beware of this Car Dealer

I made the police report because:

1. He lied to the ex-owner that I had instructed him to drive the car down to the audio shop, and held the car for 4 days.
2. He drove the car without my consent, and hit a pedestrian on 25/07/2011.
3. He refuses to answer my calls, or meet up to settle this matter in private.

I hope this mofo gets sodomised in prison

so many crooks in 2nd car dealer ... what is the easier method to get rid of used car ?
anyway, i'm not looking at making a profit ... just get fair value enuff liao

I am thinking of posting at sgcarmart and finding my own buyer directly. However I am not too sure of the exact procedure.

as mentioned earlier, a lot of dealers including crooks will contact you, acting bro-to-bro and say can settle everything for you for the best price .
sekali drive your car for 2 weeks and give you back say no buyer ... if no hit-n-run consider good liao

helbreath;683373 said:
I am thinking of posting at sgcarmart and finding my own buyer directly. However I am not too sure of the exact procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have sold 3 cars via sgcarmart myself, 2 of them to dealers and the third to a dealer who pretended to be direct owner. The procedure is not complicated, and simpler if you do not have any outstanding loan. The rule is never to trust anyone and insist that everything being inked down on black and white.
Trust me, it is quite an interesting experience as you will receive SMS telling you all sorts of stories to lower your asking price.

selling direct is very ley chey.. coz alot of ppl will be calling u for viewing, some even bring down their whole family.. and most of them will have comments about the car.. and in the end, not buying it.

juz remember:

1. Check their license if you allow them to test drive the car
2. Draft a simple sales agreement, and get the buyer to sign
3. Collect a deposit, as much as you can to avoid unsincere offers
4. Do not handover the car to anyone until the full amount is paid to you
5. Do apply for a transfer PIN from LTA directly yourself via onemotoring site, DO NOT pass your IC to anyone.
6. Transfer of ownership CANNOT be performed until LTA recieve a letter of full settlement from the bank.

saw ghost, now i scared of dark liao.. really trust no1.. lots of mofo assholes out there

helbreath;683373 said:

Wah sounds like very troublesome. But thanks for for all the input. No wonder most of us just choose to pass to dealer to sell for us.

Well... my old ride sold to dealer... after 3 months it is still there. Had I tried to sell it myself, I may have been holding on to 2 cars.

Anyway selling to direct buyer or to dealer... the process is the same. It's not exactly troublesome... just be careful, and best if you can pay off your car loan youself first then collect full payment from buyer. As the chinese saying goes... one hand pass money, one hand pass goods.

helbreath;683392 said:
Wah sounds like very troublesome. But thanks for for all the input. No wonder most of us just choose to pass to dealer to sell for us.

I think alot of car sellers choose to sell their cars to dealers to avoid the the selling process as well as the paperworks. However they should still understand the entire transfer procedure to deter those crooked dealers.
Imagine yourself as a crooked dealer, you will think twice before you try to con a knowledgeable customer! One good example that 1 dealer tried on me, " Can I give you company cheque for the balance amount, my company very big one, don't worry". My reply is simple, no cashier's order no deal, no other way and don't tell me your company is big if you don't even know this is a standard for car sales! Good try!

ok. let's say accept cashier order and pass the car to dealer

then

a. let dealer to the transfer?
b. do the transfer yourself on the same day of accepting cashier order?

jay9526;683478 said:
I think alot of car sellers choose to sell their cars to dealers to avoid the the selling process as well as the paperworks. However they should still understand the entire transfer procedure to deter those crooked dealers.
Imagine yourself as a crooked dealer, you will think twice before you try to con a knowledgeable customer! One good example that 1 dealer tried on me, " Can I give you company cheque for the balance amount, my company very big one, don't worry". My reply is simple, no cashier's order no deal, no other way and don't tell me your company is big if you don't even know this is a standard for car sales! Good try!

Supposed u accepted the cashier order from the dealer, i think the next step would be:

1. encash it, or bank it into your account
2. Draft a simple vehicle handover form, and let the dealer sign on it with the handover date and time before you pass him the car
3. if possible, go down to LTA with the dealer to perform the transfer on the spot, or
4. pass him the vehicle transfer PIN which you had applied a few days before.
5. Cancel any existing car insurance policy you have on the car IMMEDIATELY

No. 2 and 5 is very important:
Ex. that mofo drove my integra around the island, even out of the country to JB while it is still under my name. I had to write in to provide driver's details for a few summons. And with his character, who knows what other illegal stuffs he will do??

I've a very simple approach to car dealers. I believe they exist for good reason, and its fair they make a profit from business risk they take.

BUT

I stick to two who have worked in the industry for a long time. That said, i am very careful in terms of black and white. Every single detail is inked.

As with any industry, there are crooks, so just be careful and worked with people you are familiar with.

One of them is the top guy at a very big dealership. Other runs his own business.

I bought my car from a direct seller. The transfer process is very simple. Less than an hour at Sin Ming and it was done.

FC888;683506 said:
Supposed u accepted the cashier order from the dealer, i think the next step would be:

1. encash it, or bank it into your account
2. Draft a simple vehicle handover form, and let the dealer sign on it with the handover date and time before you pass him the car
3. if possible, go down to LTA with the dealer to perform the transfer on the spot, or
4. pass him the vehicle transfer PIN which you had applied a few days before.
5. Cancel any existing car insurance policy you have on the car IMMEDIATELY

No. 2 and 5 is very important:
Ex. that mofo drove my integra around the island, even out of the country to JB while it is still under my name. I had to write in to provide driver's details for a few summons. And with his character, who knows what other illegal stuffs he will do??

Actually there r forms in Sgcarmart for your to download to use. Forms like Sales Agreement, Hand Over Forms, etc. There are oso instructions n steps for u to read n know. It's always impt to knw wat ur dealing with.
In anything n everything, there bound to b e Good & e Bad. Definitely.
Jus tat U heng or sway kena which one.

Good Luck to All ya! :D

bump it up to bring awareness to this mofo named victor chen bingjie

Simple lah. Just do a search on Google.

Under this name - Subordinate Courts of Singapore pops up a record dated 2009.

FC888;690573 said:
bump this mofo to hell..

btw what is MOFO ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333wincomco
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups