BMW 1 series

Re: BMW 1 series

immny;723218 said:
Hello Raymonya,

The amount of space is decent, really.... just that its slightly cramp in terms of leg room cos my family members are quite tall. >1.75m.
are you considering to get the car too?

Yes immny.. Not sure shd i wait for 328 or buy the 118..

Weekday is only me.. But weekend sometimes will be 4 person...

Current ride is the old Mazda 6

Hey Raymonya, ur case oso quite easy to decide. hehe .... 1 is saloon and 1 is hatch ... 328 is at least gonna be 50K more ex than 118.

so u see which type of car you really like and see if budget allows lor.

and for 4 pple right, 118 has sufficient space... slight problem comes when you put the 5th person, cos its rear wheel driven so that middle train thingy (dunno wats tt call) is taking up leg space in the middle at the back seats.

if you are currently driving the mazda 6, 328 seems like a better "upgrade" for you la. IMO.

even for 3 & 5 series, the center rear seat is super duper uncomfortable due to the hard little seat and high center piece due to rear wheel drive
quick drive out for lunch still acceptable
but for long haul is 200% no no .... even go to melaka in 2.5hrs drive my rear passenger swear will never ever sit in the center anymore
i reckon all bimmer sedan is officialy for 4 passengers including 7 series :D
for comfy 3 passengers at rear, nothing beats accord, camry ... double confirmed, even mazda6 is ok

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;723626 said:
even for 3 & 5 series, the center rear seat is super duper uncomfortable due to the hard little seat and high center piece due to rear wheel drive
quick drive out for lunch still acceptable
but for long haul is 200% no no .... even go to melaka in 2.5hrs drive my rear passenger swear will never ever sit in the center anymore
i reckon all bimmer sedan is officialy for 4 passengers including 7 series :D
for comfy 3 passengers at rear, nothing beats accord, camry ... double confirmed, even mazda6 is ok
Agree agree. double confirm jap cars more comfortable for 3 paxs at the back.
But VW can fit 3 paxs comfortably, hope BMW can do something abt their back seats in the future cars.

fulloption;712540 said:
Got 2 colleagues who bought a 116 frm PML n another a 118 frm PI. PI savings is abt $20k.. i.e PI 118 cost same as PML 116.. However, nw the PI 118i idrive go blank blank n nt working.. stuck in PI workshop for 2 wks.. still waiting for a solution.. worse case got to fork out $30k to go in PML to do up.. nw he is fuming mad..at a road block.. keeping his finger crossed tat his car can be fixed.. he was given 5 years warranty somemore..

Hi,

was the idrive fixed? I read a possible solution.. just reboot the system. Not sure if it is the same.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...idrive-screen-blink-orange-then-goes-off.html

Hi all,

Just booked my 116i and looking forward to delivery in Feb.

ANy comments so far from the new owners.....saw quite a number of cars for delivery at PML yesterday.

naqshband73;735825 said:
Hi,

116i $153,800
118i $173,800

Last round coe drop quite abit and yet PML still asking at that price? Really chop head and lookslike I gotto wait for much longer for price to dip or may be resort to PI route. :mad:

bmwf20;736516 said:
Last round coe drop quite abit and yet PML still asking at that price? Really chop head and lookslike I gotto wait for much longer for price to dip or may be resort to PI route. :mad:

Those are list prices, extent of 'discount'/ actual buy price is lower and depends on SE and individual buyer's nego skill. :)

bmwf20;736516 said:

Alternatively, get urself a pre-owned. Brand new Conti car is notorious for its huge depreciation for the first few yrs of possession. My 1st 2 cars are bot brand new, Jap car though..... I bot my current 320 LCI as a 1yr old pre-owned (with 2 more yrs of warranty with PML) and i'm glad ive took tis route :cool:

het;738110 said:
Alternatively, get urself a pre-owned. Brand new Conti car is notorious for its huge depreciation for the first few yrs of possession. My 1st 2 cars are bot brand new, Jap car though..... I bot my current 320 LCI as a 1yr old pre-owned (with 2 more yrs of warranty with PML) and i'm glad ive took tis route :cool:
I would rather buy 3 yr old E81/87 130. I heard it is a strawberry.

davidtch;738194 said:

Not sure wats the story behind this 'strawberry' thingy but I definitely dig the older 1ers.....the new 1ers got c**ked eye.....:yikess:

I noe i'm gona get flamed but tats jus me ya....peace out

het;738200 said:
Not sure wats the story behind this 'strawberry' thingy but I definitely dig the older 1ers.....the new 1ers got c**ked eye.....:yikess:

I noe i'm gona get flamed but tats jus me ya....peace out

I don't know about strawberry also. We used to say creamy smooth or hot knife through butter and suddenly, it becomes strawberry. Weird way to describe smooth and btw, some strawberries are sour like hell!

And agree with you, the new 1-er looks hideous with those "big eyes".

davidtch;738194 said:

eyeing the F20 now, still contemplating whether to let go of my current ride. Strawberry...let me guess, as in the strawberry generation? meaning it cannot get driven hard etc...?

I think Strawberry means smooth thats all.

FASTCARS;739604 said:
Can anyone let me know if we can secure at a better price than above. Pls PM me. Thks.

Not too sure if Parallel importers will be cheaper......

If yes, what's the difference between the PI and agent imported F20 apart from the support and after-sales service ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88how

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back