BMW 320i vs Mercedes C180 (1.6)

Re: BMW 320i vs Mercedes C180 (1.6)

omv is bullshit lah. me and friend bought same car, 1 month apart. his omv is $1000 higher, my coe is $2000 higher. but my final car purchase price was $15k lower. mana ada sistem?

wt_know;482752 said:
OMV is nothing more than dealer's secret weapon. they can tweak it any direction with their magic.

how to explain a newer car with additional options and "physical accessories" has a lower OMV than another car that has less options/accessories. mind you that both cars were manufactured within 1-2 months apart only.
was told that its the automobile association that determines OMV based on equipment level. can confirm?

gfoo;482756 said:
omv is bullshit lah. me and friend bought same car, 1 month apart. his omv is $1000 higher, my coe is $2000 higher. but my final car purchase price was $15k lower. mana ada sistem?
what about overtrade and stuff? u might have gotten more from that

Slater;482758 said:
what about overtrade and stuff? u might have gotten more from that

no overtrade, we just took the discount upfront to offset the final price of the car. but because he has a special indent color and seats (which is just $1000 more in terms of OMV), my friend paid $15k more.

anyways ppsl is f@cked up. what they offered me for my prev ride i sold on sgcarmart for 18k higher.

gfoo;482760 said:
no overtrade, we just took the discount upfront to offset the final price of the car. but because he has a special indent color and seats (which is just $1000 more in terms of OMV), my friend paid $15k more.

anyways ppsl is f@cked up. what they offered me for my prev ride i sold on sgcarmart for 18k higher.
confirm wan la. they need to press u so they can touch up ur car after 72 point check and sell at profit.

Was in the same position as TS a few months ago.. But was comparing c200 to 320. Was very close to signing on the line for the 320 for its value and revvy engine.. Tested the 323 as well, but strangely, the 320 and 323 felt about the same to me.. Recently drove the 318, which was a courtesy car, that is much worse than the c180 in terms of engine power.. In the end, i decided to go test drive the a4 1.8T.. and now, i'm a proud member of vagsg.. :nehnehhh:

the a4 had the best interior, 'dynamic' mode on the audi drive select felt better than the 320 in 'S' mode, and price was reasonable as well. I got the ambition trim with the beautiful LED lights.. Go test drive it.. u'll be hooked by its quality cabin and drive.. my OMV was about 40k if I'm not wrong. Anyway, how much is the 320 professional going for now?

Geez;482793 said:
Was in the same position as TS a few months ago.. But was comparing c200 to 320. Was very close to signing on the line for the 320 for its value and revvy engine.. Tested the 323 as well, but strangely, the 320 and 323 felt about the same to me.. Recently drove the 318, which was a courtesy car, that is much worse than the c180 in terms of engine power.. In the end, i decided to go test drive the a4 1.8T.. and now, i'm a proud member of vagsg.. :nehnehhh:

the a4 had the best interior, 'dynamic' mode on the audi drive select felt better than the 320 in 'S' mode, and price was reasonable as well. I got the ambition trim with the beautiful LED lights.. Go test drive it.. u'll be hooked by its quality cabin and drive.. my OMV was about 40k if I'm not wrong. Anyway, how much is the 320 professional going for now?
the audi is on a turbo, hence the ease of drive and additional power.

but dun u find the engine really rough and noisy? tested the A4 and A5 (2L), amazed at the noise levels coming from the engine.

in auto and comfort mode, probably sounds a bit rough.. but the moment 'dynamic' is switched on, the car is totally different! I was really sold when my SE switched the car to dynamic mode. I know that i drive it in dynamic probably 10-20% of the time, but when i feel like it, at least i know the car can be changed to drive differently.. When I drove the 320, I had to constantly leave it in S mode..

and there's the added benefit of being able to chip up the car when I grow tired of it:dance:

until now, i still wonder why i didnt stretch my budget that little bit more for the 2.0T model..

C200 vs A4 1.8T

a4 wins

BOOMZ

Geez;482793 said:

A4 1.8T does have nice exterior and interior...but it is front wheel drive and use CVT...

actually for 320 vs a4 1.8T.. that'll be a little closer.. you'll feel that the 320 corners flatter, but the sound that the 1.8T engine creates in the A4 just pumps adrenaline into ur body.. somehow or rather, the 4bhp that the 1.8T has over the 320 feels much more than that when u're driving it.. could be the torque though..

oh ya.. and that CVT.. during spirited driving, its fine.. I only hate it when I'm reversing.. try it out.. if u think u can live with it, then the a4 is a very complete package. As for FWD, I think its not really a deal breaker if we drive it on Singapore roads.. I don't even take it up north on the NSH..

I wonder if Audi's FWD make a difference, compared to BMW's RWD? I'm not too sure, 'cause never tried driving A4 before.

C3P0;482809 said:
I wonder if Audi's FWD make a difference, compared to BMW's RWD? I'm not too sure, 'cause never tried driving A4 before.
For FWD, it is very hard to take hi speed corners unless u have a very strong pair of hands. The upside is by lifting throttle, the car will get back inline easier at a lower speed.

For RWD, it is easier to a take hi speed corners. The downside is once rear wheel lose traction, u can only pray to whatever.

cld never really get used to fwd... not my cuppa.. even in the new Sciroccos... it just dun feel as 'nice' (if that's the right word), i like it when RWD cars squat down when u throttle down

i moved from mazda (fwd) to bimmer (rwd). i still drive the way i use to drive and there is no noticeably change in driving pattern or feeling.
i understand what is fwd and rwd but on a normal driving condition, how and what do you feel differently ?

precisely.. In Singapore I can't really feel the difference.. Maybe bros who travel up north often might prefer the RWD platform better.. If can stretch, go for the a4 2.0T quattro with s-tronic.. That'll be a hoot to drive after some minor chip up:D

wt_know;482818 said:
i moved from mazda (fwd) to bimmer (rwd). i still drive the way i use to drive and there is no noticeably change in driving pattern or feeling.
i understand what is fwd and rwd but on a normal driving condition, how and what do you feel differently ?
quite true. but when i push hard around the corners, i can feel that the rear of my bimmer does not swing as much as front wheel drive.....more planted.

"Ai corner mai"?

didn't know A4 was on CVT gearbox. any horror stories on that gearbox?

dynamic driving comes from the ability of the car and setup. you can have dynamic driving even within s'pore roads. i personally love all the highway exit, joined, wide bendy type. powering down on the straight its boring driving in my humble acu opinion.

want you know how your car handles, drive it at Sepang M'sia. no need to push for timing. just enjoy the drive on that worldclass F1 track. you can learn lots about the car. handles and brake point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888uorg
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back