BMW 325i vs 523i

Re: BMW 325i vs 523i

Why dont you consider the e90 323i highline. not much difference in feel to the e90 325i. Friends in KL dragged the e90 323 and 325, result was about one a half car lengths in quarter mile. i had the e46 325(192 bhp) and now the e90 323, i honestly dont feel any difference in power. in fact the e90 323 feels much better with its 6 speed gbox. alternatively, upgrade the e90 323's ecu later on if you need power. some forumers in BimmerPost: BMW forums, reviews, photos, price information and general enthusiast concerns have succesfully converted the e90 323 to 220+ bhp. Upgrading Canadian 323i to Euro 325i - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

my 2 cents,
energy

mrericlee;283859 said:
Thanks to Acupunch, S80 came into my radar. I put in an offer already too. At the same time, I also put in an offer to Lexus for IS250..... and my car buying saga continues...
put in offer? u mean u quote them a low price and see if they could accept? got like that one meh? i thot this kind of bargaining is 'instant', i.e. u ask SE for this goodie/ discount and they will reply on the spot?

mrericlee;283859 said:
Thanks bro for all the advices..... I love the 325i and I was also watching PPSL's cars. From 2 x 325i's become 3 x 325i's.

For each car, I called to check the background.... it's mileage are all so attractive under 10k on the road..... and when asked who's the owner? Sales guy said... no owner.. owner is PML lar..... so, I asked a followup question --> "PML? Does that mean that those cars are all test drive units?" SE replied.... "Er... possible lar, but I cannot confirm". I think many people are quite anal about keeping to low rev's (yes, I have heard before engine today are factory run-in) during the 1st 1000km. I am too... so, having a car that has been thrashed from 0km to

gadgets;283901 said:
put in offer? u mean u quote them a low price and see if they could accept? got like that one meh? i thot this kind of bargaining is 'instant', i.e. u ask SE for this goodie/ discount and they will reply on the spot?

Hahaha.... my Competitive Strategy professor teach me to buy big ticket items this way. "Low balling" them and "signalling" that you are not prepared to compromise.

SM Motors rejected me (both SE's). It seems that it is working on the IS250 case.... 1 SE from Borneo rejected, but the other is trying hard says that it is possible. They have got margin but they will not spoil market generally but.... sometimes, it may work.

But honestly, my offer for the 325i was not ridiculous. It was doable. Even the SE said, can try, maybe possible... but eventually rejected. But once a Beemer fan, always a Beemer fan.... So, if my 325i purchase fails.... I will shoot for 5 series entry level model the next time....

that's true, some SE are more neow than others. good luck ahead

mrericlee;283922 said:
But honestly, my offer for the 325i was not ridiculous. It was doable. Even the SE said, can try, maybe possible... but eventually rejected. But once a Beemer fan, always a Beemer fan.... So, if my 325i purchase fails.... I will shoot for 5 series entry level model the next time....

Don't let your love for a good deal get in the way of your love for a car and good sense.

If negotiation fails then you are not good enough negotiator, don't play the game again the same way a gambler plays until he's broke.

My good friend, loves negotiation. He loves the CLS and the car suits his style. He negotiated long and hard, and achieved much. But did not achieve his target price. So when he did not get that target, he assumed he lost this round. So he quit negotiation for a CLS and went for a 6- instead. PML was weak and my friend won. He had to buy the 6-.

BUT you know what? Until a few years later, he rues that he did not get the CLS. That car suited him best, his style, his family. His wife constantly reminds him of this incident, that he bought the wrong car and refuses to drive the 6-.

Moral - negotiation is not the ends. It's merely means.

centurion;283938 said:
Don't let your love for a good deal get in the way of your love for a car and good sense.

If negotiation fails then you are not good enough negotiator, don't play the game again the same way a gambler plays until he's broke.

My good friend, loves negotiation. He loves the CLS and the car suits his style. He negotiated long and hard, and achieved much. But did not achieve his target price. So when he did not get that target, he assumed he lost this round. So he quit negotiation for a CLS and went for a 6- instead. PML was weak and my friend won. He had to buy the 6-.

BUT you know what? Until a few years later, he rues that he did not get the CLS. That car suited him best, his style, his family. His wife constantly reminds him of this incident, that he bought the wrong car and refuses to drive the 6-.

Moral - negotiation is not the ends. It's merely means.

truly agree

mrericlee;283975 said:
You've been here a lot too... getting a Beemer soon?

My job ties me down to a computer most of the shift so I lurk at various forums - I'm at vagsg and mycarforum too...

:drool: over the 335 sedan but can't afford lah...and my Jipun chia is still serving me very well.

mrericlee;283859 said:
Thanks to Acupunch, S80 came into my radar. I put in an offer already too. At the same time, I also put in an offer to Lexus for IS250..... and my car buying saga continues...

Bro,

I guess you have test-driven both the S80 and IS250? They are both fine cars, but I find the S80 2.5T underpowered. And you have to really step on the gas for the IS to start moving. :(

I heard that the S80 was going for about $138K, but this may have been to help them hit their sales target for 2007. Now that we are in January, dunno if this promo price is still available.

As some bros have pointed out, I'm a great believer in buying the car you really want, if it's within your budget. No point getting other cars just because they may be a few K cheaper, then wondering if you made the right choice. ;)

Cheers!

mengteck71;283965 said:
by the way, what does 523i LCI means? Is Jan 06 523i E60 LCI or non LCI?

Bro,

LCI refers to the facelifted version, which was available from about April 2007. Cheers.

when test driving both the IS and the GS, you need to put sport mode on. Normal mode does not fit spirited testdriving - the transmission and throttle mapping all wrong. However, once you drive the car for extended periods, you may find normal mode is the best.

eNerGy;283897 said:
Why dont you consider the e90 323i highline. not much difference in feel to the e90 325i. Friends in KL dragged the e90 323 and 325, result was about one a half car lengths in quarter mile. i had the e46 325(192 bhp) and now the e90 323, i honestly dont feel any difference in power. in fact the e90 323 feels much better with its 6 speed gbox. alternatively, upgrade the e90 323's ecu later on if you need power. some forumers in BimmerPost: BMW forums, reviews, photos, price information and general enthusiast concerns have succesfully converted the e90 323 to 220+ bhp. Upgrading Canadian 323i to Euro 325i - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

my 2 cents,
energy

1 and half car length is quite alot for quarter mile race....
e46 325 is a M54, E90 is N52, N52 has a fatter low end, more punchy, your e46 will shine at the higher band.. and of coz as you mentioned the 6-speeder also helps

The Canadian 323i is very different from the 323i from the rest of the world, it has the DISA 3-stage manifold and already comes with 200bhp stock... our 323i do not have the DISA manifold (item itself is already a few grand), but the tricky part is getting the 323 SW to recognize the DISA... not to mention also the exhaust runners/manifold.
Monster of a project... but maybe the joy of unleashing the lost hp may be worth it...(cost wise, better to just buy a 325i, and chip it to 231bhp, 270nm 1.5k only)

IntegraTypeS;284090 said:
1 and half car length is quite alot for quarter mile race....
e46 325 is a M54, E90 is N52, N52 has a fatter low end, more punchy, your e46 will shine at the higher band.. and of coz as you mentioned the 6-speeder also helps

The Canadian 323i is very different from the 323i from the rest of the world, it has the DISA 3-stage manifold and already comes with 200bhp stock... our 323i do not have the DISA manifold (item itself is already a few grand), but the tricky part is getting the 323 SW to recognize the DISA... not to mention also the exhaust runners/manifold.
Monster of a project... but maybe the joy of unleashing the lost hp may be worth it...(cost wise, better to just buy a 325i, and chip it to 231bhp, 270nm 1.5k only)

Wow! you really know your stuff. Anyway, cost was ab issue for me, i would love to have the 335 or 325, furthermore I got a good deal on the 323i highline. I will try to figure out how to unleash the extra bhp from the 323, will keep everyone informed.

thanks for the advice.

energy

Hi bros,

Thanks for all the advices and discussions. Well aprreaciated and I enjoyed it. The verdict is out. I signed on the dotted line..... a Toyota IS250 (Dark Grey Mica / Black Interior).

It must have been my craziest car buying experience..... but I have to say my deal is super duper sweet. Mine is probably the last IS250 sold by Borneo motors in 2007 at MY price and terms. Hahahaha.... I was ready and willing to pay 40k more for a 325i sedan but too bad PML rejected me. Just this forum alone I would put a value of 5k out of that 40k in term of higher willingness to pay (IS250 got no local forum... I think).

While I may be zipping around in an IS250... my heart is still set on a BMW... I already told my wife.. this car yours... I buy mine in 2 years time (of cos.... both cars I pay... that's marriage.. hahaha). Just setting the stage for her that I am still getting my Beemer. Guess I'll just enjoy all the niceties from an IS250 in the time being. Now de-kitting my JDM Honda Accord.

So, hope you guys dun mind me still visiting this forum and learning / appreciating Beemers cos one day, I will join you guys!

Er.... No BMW can join meetups? Can join Heart to Heart drive? Can join Club Sandy?

you are definitely welcome lar.. although I had not joined any meet-up myself.. hehehe

You are most welcome to join us for any meet up. IS 250 is not a bad car especially the interior and the leather seats, are nicer than the bimmers, but lack of torque. IMO.

Thanks guys... I thought going to kanna ban liao... hahahaha.. I noticed a few forumers kanna ban and had to come back with a different identity.

I prefer the 325i anyday compared to the Toyota. 323i will be close but not 320i. I guess buying the Toyota, I will be enjoy a different automotive experience (BMW will be more driving dynamics).... on the other hand, the Toyota's feature list is just long long long and all are std. Wished they had the sunroof in stock but had to indent and they not willing to hold the same price for me.

Does anyone know any IS250 local group? I need rims, sports / blackened grill and bodykit / spoiler.... probably have some forum identity crisis now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vin777boats
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back