BMW 325i vs 523i

Re: BMW 325i vs 523i

mrericlee;279930 said:
I test drove the 325i Coupe today vs. the 523i. It was totally different driving experience.

In the 325i Coupe, getting in the back seat was hard. The seat belt handover thingy is cool but looks flimsy. Rear leg space super limited and center cannot sit cos there's a console. No adjustments for steering in/out. Only up/down. Now the drive... steering was tight and heavy turning out of PML. Finally got on the AYE and vrrrrrooooom! Power on tap was great (compared to 323i and 320i). The surge can be felt but of course cannot compare to 335i lar... but good enuff. Noise level was pretty high. Took South Buona Vista road but unfortunately trailed behind a lorry. I was so satisfied with the power when I walked out of the car. Comfort access was very nice (like IS250).

Then, the SE said... you know... you should try the 5er. How could I refuse? So, we stepped into the 5er.

523i... 1st thing I noticed was electronic steering wheel adjust. Very cool (like IS250 again). iDrive was great but this one got no GPS (only 525i has). Took it around the corner and 1st reaction was, whoa... steering is so light! Very comfortable indeed. Back seat 3 passengers are in comfort. Nice finger sensor buttons for the radio station selection. Took in on the AYE and floored it.... Aik! Why cannot move?!?! I stepped harder.. click click click went the little notch at the bottom of the pedal.... suddenly I noticed it was 120km/h already. So... the 523i's acceleration is so so but it sure it quiet! Back passengers could not even feel the 120km/h. Took it around a few turns and the difference, less agile but definitely a very much more comfy drive in the 5er... no doubt. The new 523i has 190bhp.

Wifey got out of the car and said... clear choice! The 5er! and it's cheaper than the 325i. But... my boss only drive 520i... how to buy 523i?!

Other nice new touches for the 5er includes auto close doors if it's not tight, and whisker tail lights. Very cool. PML has a white unit with lights permanently ON.

Guess... the only best of both worlds would be the 525i... and again... more money.. how to decide? Haiz.... very dilemma.

What a hard choice..... on the other hand... IS250 Luxury is only 142k. And comes std with puddle lamps. comfort access, electronic steering all of which are standard equipment..... definitely more value for money car but my love for Beemers is still stronger.
nice write up, eric. just debadge and say to your boss new facelift + new goodies if he asked. might solve the issue. anyway 523 is the lowest model anyway.

mrericlee;279953 said:
Cannot leh.... they paying for my EMBA.... wait I school finish in Mar 2009 still need to work 1 year for them.

Getting the sponsorship approved is like getting a 323i as a bonus...... ;-)

mrericlee;279973 said:
Actually, that is the best way... say wife's car... just get dropped off at work everyday and picked up can liao... That is the idea I am toying with.

Another guy in my office buy GS300 also use that as excuse.... but for him, it's quite true. Cos he really take MRT to work and back everyday.
look like your company pays everyone quite well.

mini833;280013 said:
If you have a family, get the 523iA (some more its new version facelift)

If you are a car buff, get the 325iA/4, more a driver's car....:cloud9:

I believe the 523iA will also be on promotion, as PML needs to sell them fast. For the 325iA/4, mostly specially indent, price quite stable....:juggle:
given same price between 325/523, I'll choose 5er cos I family come 1st. after that 2nd car I'll choose a coupe.
IntegraTypeS;280239 said:
aiyoh... should have ditch the i-drive and get the 325w/o i-drive... same price i think...
idrive is alwaya a good to have thingy, but if you can't the difference of the 20-30bhp, I would suggest you get the idrive if is the navi system. BMW cars look so much more complete with it.

eric, from the way u post, seems like ur wife and u like the 5er more. buy it over the 3er then. as for your boss, dont really bother la...for all u know, he will turn to like u for having the same great taste as him :)

mrericlee;279930 said:
I test drove the 325i Coupe today vs. the 523i. It was totally different driving experience.

In the 325i Coupe, getting in the back seat was hard. The seat belt handover thingy is cool but looks flimsy. Rear leg space super limited and center cannot sit cos there's a console. No adjustments for steering in/out. Only up/down. Now the drive... steering was tight and heavy turning out of PML. Finally got on the AYE and vrrrrrooooom! Power on tap was great (compared to 323i and 320i). The surge can be felt but of course cannot compare to 335i lar... but good enuff. Noise level was pretty high. Took South Buona Vista road but unfortunately trailed behind a lorry. I was so satisfied with the power when I walked out of the car. Comfort access was very nice (like IS250).

Then, the SE said... you know... you should try the 5er. How could I refuse? So, we stepped into the 5er.

523i... 1st thing I noticed was electronic steering wheel adjust. Very cool (like IS250 again). iDrive was great but this one got no GPS (only 525i has). Took it around the corner and 1st reaction was, whoa... steering is so light! Very comfortable indeed. Back seat 3 passengers are in comfort. Nice finger sensor buttons for the radio station selection. Took in on the AYE and floored it.... Aik! Why cannot move?!?! I stepped harder.. click click click went the little notch at the bottom of the pedal.... suddenly I noticed it was 120km/h already. So... the 523i's acceleration is so so but it sure it quiet! Back passengers could not even feel the 120km/h. Took it around a few turns and the difference, less agile but definitely a very much more comfy drive in the 5er... no doubt. The new 523i has 190bhp.

Wifey got out of the car and said... clear choice! The 5er! and it's cheaper than the 325i. But... my boss only drive 520i... how to buy 523i?!

Other nice new touches for the 5er includes auto close doors if it's not tight, and whisker tail lights. Very cool. PML has a white unit with lights permanently ON.

Guess... the only best of both worlds would be the 525i... and again... more money.. how to decide? Haiz.... very dilemma.

What a hard choice..... on the other hand... IS250 Luxury is only 142k. And comes std with puddle lamps. comfort access, electronic steering all of which are standard equipment..... definitely more value for money car but my love for Beemers is still stronger.

Bro, with regards to you saying your boss only drive 520 and you going to buy 523 not so nice, my situation even worse, my boss driving Jazz and I drive a 320i, I don really care what my boss thinks, as long I do my job, my boss cant do anything also. My boss can afford to buy a much better car, but chose not to, so why should I hold myself back? DOn worry, do what you like and you will be happy. :)

I help you chk already.

PML has only 1 unit of 325 sedan. This one has no iDrive, no navi, no xenon. But comes with M Aero kit and 18" rims.

Whereas the 523iA has 2 versions now, currently new stock comes with "SOFT CLOSE function" like 7 series door like that.... retailing for $183,800 with 10k subsidies.

But if you price sensitive, have July production cars without "SOFT CLOSE function" at $181,800 less 10k (and more)

All cars get $1000 servicing voucher if register in Dec 2007:yummie:

anybody here driving a 7er with his boss driving something "lesser"?
i wonder how's the atmosphere like at the workplace

acupunch;280296 said:
given same price between 325/523, I'll choose 5er cos I family come 1st. after that 2nd car I'll choose a coupe.

idrive is alwaya a good to have thingy, but if you can't the difference of the 20-30bhp, I would suggest you get the idrive if is the navi system. BMW cars look so much more complete with it.

That's true... the I-drive navi makes the dash so much more luxury like.... after all its a >150K car... haha confirm can feel the 40bhp diff one...

the coupe is nice... :yummie: ultimate driving experience

There a new twist... my VP crashed his 520i. Hit by a taxi doing 110km/h. Air bags deployed and rear axle gone case. He now no car..... left with his wife's Picnic. Hahaha... not trying to make any point here but just sharing what happened.

Today, my wife wanted to see the IS250. Went for a test drive... ohhh.. she loves the comfort access. The Mark Levinson is definitely sufficient. And another plus is the electronic telescoping steering. She was totally impressed. Now with free bodykit somemore. Wah.... 142k whole package.

SE told me can change the ugly grille to carbon fibre print and also the ugly uncle woodgrain. Not sure about the quality but the woodgrain sure looks terrible. 2.5L 205bhp V6 engine.... but can't really feel the power leh... dunno why leh... beautiful dials of course.

gadgets;280394 said:
eric, from the way u post, seems like ur wife and u like the 5er more. buy it over the 3er then. as for your boss, dont really bother la...for all u know, he will turn to like u for having the same great taste as him :)

Yah.... we both like the 5er more. My wife calls it "fridge door" that sucks itself close. Boss like you to have same taste... but slightly lower grade is the usual.

u cant feel the IS250 bec it's a chauffeur's car, unlike a driver's car like the bimmer. so now the new twist is in your decision, not your VP's predicament

mrericlee;280651 said:
There a new twist... my VP crashed his 520i. Hit by a taxi doing 110km/h. Air bags deployed and rear axle gone case. He now no car..... left with his wife's Picnic. Hahaha... not trying to make any point here but just sharing what happened.

Today, my wife wanted to see the IS250. Went for a test drive... ohhh.. she loves the comfort access. The Mark Levinson is definitely sufficient. And another plus is the electronic telescoping steering. She was totally impressed. Now with free bodykit somemore. Wah.... 142k whole package.

SE told me can change the ugly grille to carbon fibre print and also the ugly uncle woodgrain. Not sure about the quality but the woodgrain sure looks terrible. 2.5L 205bhp V6 engine.... but can't really feel the power leh... dunno why leh... beautiful dials of course.

Hi Bro, agreed with you, I also cannot feel the power of the IS250 man.......

mrericlee;280651 said:
There a new twist... my VP crashed his 520i. Hit by a taxi doing 110km/h. Air bags deployed and rear axle gone case. He now no car..... left with his wife's Picnic. Hahaha... not trying to make any point here but just sharing what happened..

Tell u what buy ur 523i ,fetch him every morning! Suddenly he fall in love with ur car! buy the same model as u, all u bro bro liao! can share mob ideal see who fercious ,tok cock abt ur
523i everyday! Woai future bright bright ah!

Bro eric,

I guess the concern about not outshining your boss in terms of car is greater if you're in the public sector, where face counts for much.

In my industry (finance), I think my bosses are not so petty even if I drive a bigger car than they do, as they can easily afford to buy much more expensive cars. My boss drives a C class and one of the big bosses drives an E60 520i, and they're both cool about my car. :)

satines;280888 said:
Life's not right, if every action, even in your personal preference has to be dictated by your boss. So you have to be wary if your buy a AP, when he wears a tissot, can't buy a mont blanc, if he carries a parker. If one day he decided to take public transport, you will never be able to drive any car.

Actually not true. The kind of boss that take MRT means he dun mind other people drive. Buy Ferarri also he dun care.

But there is other kind of boss think he buys a luxury car because he thinks he is THE BOSS. For those, you dun try to outshine them.... so it really boils down to what kind of mentality.

I'm sure you guys have seen both types.

My junior drives a Porsche. :furious: And our boss a W211 E200 (foc from company).

This reminds me of last time when I was in NS, the NSF CPL driving Ferrari, BMW, Merc and Jaq but the CO only a (ultimate) lesser 'MID' Proto Wira! :nehnehhh:

But I think the COs got better cars already, I have seen 'MID' Audi A4 and W211 running around now.

chemz;280608 said:
anybody here driving a 7er with his boss driving something "lesser"?
i wonder how's the atmosphere like at the workplace

Just to inform you guys, my buddies and I were at alexandra yesterday evening.

See, see, look, look... Then one of my buddies itchy backside, ask the wife, if she would like to change her car, she obviously said yes. We spoke to the sales rep on duty, made them an offer, and they bought a 523iA YESTERDAY!!! Delivery 29th Dec!:oops:

WOW! 1st, I got to say, a lot of people buy on impulse. 2nd, PML seems keen in your business, especially if you register 2007... I can't believe it...:screwedu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88directory
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back