BMW 325i vs 523i

Re: BMW 325i vs 523i

picked up a brand new e90 323i highline, not much difference in power to my old e46 325i. will modify the e90 323i to e90 325i in stages.
What are the differences besides ECU? DISA and exhaust runners? Anybody can do it in Spore?

eNerGy;278057 said:
picked up a brand new e90 323i highline, not much difference in power to my old e46 325i. will modify the e90 323i to e90 325i in stages.
What are the differences besides ECU? DISA and exhaust runners? Anybody can do it in Spore?

hmmm, so the differences with a 323i and 325i e90 is only ecu, disa, and exhaust runners? anything else?

anyone can confirm?

eNerGy;278057 said:

Congrats on yr new ride.... Though it come with a lower horses, i tend to feel that it's much more punchy than a e46325.
Sorry to say this, i got this impression from you that a 323 is moddable to a 325, i.e. to say from 177bhp to 218 bhp. Don think it gona work. At most it's another 10 plus horse for you.
Call Seetoh or aka Snowdog. He will be in the best position to advise you.

Was caught between the new C200 and the 523 - yah i know its not fair comparison but I only need the 4 doors for the old foggies and the C200 is a pretty sexy car; plus it drives much better than the previous C class.

Anyway in the end plonked for the 523 despite the nagging concern about new shape due in 2010. Got a great deal at the end of the day on the 5 - please tell me I won't regret it :juggle:

Oh and at least it matches my E24 :)

nice to hear that u stayed with the family :)

I test drove the 325i Coupe today vs. the 523i. It was totally different driving experience.

In the 325i Coupe, getting in the back seat was hard. The seat belt handover thingy is cool but looks flimsy. Rear leg space super limited and center cannot sit cos there's a console. No adjustments for steering in/out. Only up/down. Now the drive... steering was tight and heavy turning out of PML. Finally got on the AYE and vrrrrrooooom! Power on tap was great (compared to 323i and 320i). The surge can be felt but of course cannot compare to 335i lar... but good enuff. Noise level was pretty high. Took South Buona Vista road but unfortunately trailed behind a lorry. I was so satisfied with the power when I walked out of the car. Comfort access was very nice (like IS250).

Then, the SE said... you know... you should try the 5er. How could I refuse? So, we stepped into the 5er.

523i... 1st thing I noticed was electronic steering wheel adjust. Very cool (like IS250 again). iDrive was great but this one got no GPS (only 525i has). Took it around the corner and 1st reaction was, whoa... steering is so light! Very comfortable indeed. Back seat 3 passengers are in comfort. Nice finger sensor buttons for the radio station selection. Took in on the AYE and floored it.... Aik! Why cannot move?!?! I stepped harder.. click click click went the little notch at the bottom of the pedal.... suddenly I noticed it was 120km/h already. So... the 523i's acceleration is so so but it sure it quiet! Back passengers could not even feel the 120km/h. Took it around a few turns and the difference, less agile but definitely a very much more comfy drive in the 5er... no doubt. The new 523i has 190bhp.

Wifey got out of the car and said... clear choice! The 5er! and it's cheaper than the 325i. But... my boss only drive 520i... how to buy 523i?!

Other nice new touches for the 5er includes auto close doors if it's not tight, and whisker tail lights. Very cool. PML has a white unit with lights permanently ON.

Guess... the only best of both worlds would be the 525i... and again... more money.. how to decide? Haiz.... very dilemma.

What a hard choice..... on the other hand... IS250 Luxury is only 142k. And comes std with puddle lamps. comfort access, electronic steering all of which are standard equipment..... definitely more value for money car but my love for Beemers is still stronger.

if ur boss red eye or so petty abt cars u all drive, i think it's time to fxxk it!
New job!new year! new start!
if not drive a cherry QQ problem sloved.Case close!

Cannot leh.... they paying for my EMBA.... wait I school finish in Mar 2009 still need to work 1 year for them.

Getting the sponsorship approved is like getting a 323i as a bonus...... ;-)

Nice write up... actually to get the same feel of a 325i, the 530i would be the perfect choice for you...

ezmobile;279956 said:
aiya say wife buy one .he also lan lan what can he do?

Actually, that is the best way... say wife's car... just get dropped off at work everyday and picked up can liao... That is the idea I am toying with.

Another guy in my office buy GS300 also use that as excuse.... but for him, it's quite true. Cos he really take MRT to work and back everyday.

centurion;279989 said:
AND that GS300, ericlee, is the car you would feel REALLY well pampered in.

Yup, I agree.... I sat in it... never test drive it but... ooooohhhh those cushions are really soft and really high level of comfort.

If you have a family, get the 523iA (some more its new version facelift)

If you are a car buff, get the 325iA/4, more a driver's car....:cloud9:

I believe the 523iA will also be on promotion, as PML needs to sell them fast. For the 325iA/4, mostly specially indent, price quite stable....:juggle:

i tested 325, 523 and 323 before deciding on 323. got a good deal. 325 not much discount. price was a factor for me :(

eNerGy;280211 said:
i tested 325, 523 and 323 before deciding on 323. got a good deal. 325 not much discount. price was a factor for me :(

aiyoh... should have ditch the i-drive and get the 325w/o i-drive... same price i think...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back