BMW Advance Driving Course

• Yes, I've alway wanted to know too.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No. it does not interest me to know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: BMW Advance Driving Course

totoseow;914937 said:
last heard he was trying to attain the land speed record with a danish tuned rocket pack bolted to a M3.

Eh? I thought he oredi achieved it? He was going so fast, the car's thermometer had trouble recording the ambient temperature correctly?

I am on the 1st of December.. Now I feel it's going to suck...

detach8;914938 said:
the tok cock sing song gang is here...

i am not expecting a gourmet michelin class dunno simi sai meal

u shld really see the food that day. DIY nasi lemak. ikan billis, chilli, soggy rice, eggs. power max. even funeral food also nicer. best part? not enough food to go around.

i DID write it in the feedback form, and i really hope Meek had better food when he went for the recent one.

Bro, although the meals at my ADT (2011) wasn't 3-Michelin Stars, I seriously didn't remember it being that bad... we actually had catered food, chicken, fish, curry prawns, tofu, lontong etc for lunch, and all the 100Plus you could drink....

Maybe my stomach isn't as fussy, but that meal was fcukloads better than the shyte the cook dished out by the greasy ladle at Tekong...

But, to answer your question, if I had to pay $1000 to attend, I probably would still go for it - I enjoyed my session thoroughly. But, no biggie lah - your opinion is as valid as any of the others here, and you're entitled to it wholly :)

jerms;915154 said:

dude no way it's gonna suck. you gonna hav lots of fun. if u really picky about food, just tarpau in your samurai burger.

jerms;915154 said:

You going for advanced or intensive?

Meek;914697 said:
just went in october. fun fun fun.

it was held at pasir gudang. pml provides transport there, a goody pack, 3 meals and unlimited drinks, 3 instructors, 1 event coordinator and structured curriculum for the participants.

should go.

I was there for the October sat session too ... Fun ... can play soap ....

kevinbmw;914745 said:
who to ask huh...who who who!??
i also wanna go... :(
up till now i still dont know how to do a "donut, or to drift the car, etc..."

I reckon you have to go the the next lesson before ... the trick and tips is reveal ...

However i sat at the rear seats to observe how is being done ...

*grinz ...

detach8;914810 said:
whole day, you not hungry meh

and for the price.. really expensive bro. unless $1k is spare change (i know alot of ppl here... are really rich) but i cannot stomach that.

True but i tagged my GF along and pay another 200 bucks ... for her to get sun tan ... hehehe ... but it is more defensive course driving but there are fun and eye openner to test the limits of a 328i ...

meaning to say really abuse the car ... in sgp, i doubt we want to abuse our cars ... and the tyres and brakes and rotors i think chui ....

haha ...

after lesson ends, u can see how the washer wash the cars ... so jialat ...

it is worth the fun for the money ... u cannot get ... the instructors are very good ... of course follow the best instructor got more fun lah ...

Meek;914831 said:
i understand from them that this course is not subsidised by the principal. so, its run on its own p&l basis. i think most of the fees cover the expenses of renting the whole tracks on weekends, the cafeteria premises, track insurance for the cars and drivers.... and staffing/event management. the transport is not exactly cheap as the coach is hired from singapore and requires special permits for it to be chartered overseas (yes, pasir gudang is overseas).

i have attended other track driving schools and no, catering isnt quite their strong points either. cant eat much either, else i will be doing interior redocorating of their cars with my lunch.

if you want to have good food and experience luxury, maybe best stick to their new model launches or promotions.

Eat so much ... do understeer with traction off .... i think the food will vomit ...

I forgot the full turn and do half turn ... hahah ... the car kana torture by me and instructor shouting ... and the car skid to the drain side ... i think the instructor sweat too ...

Hahah ...

Meek;914885 said:
the poor SAs work weekends as instructors without pay and allowances?

the 10 cars run without costs or track insurance?

the track is not free also.

to clarify, i dun work or have any interests in pml or the bmw performance driving program. i am only sharing my understand as a past participant.

why do you think you are entitled to review pml's p&l for these events? do you also ask your workshop, hawker, or any service provider for their numbers to judge if they have a right to charge what they charge? how interesting.

If rain ... we drive the car onto the grass ... and that have to pay penalty one too ...

This course is for defensive driving and safetly driving.

Just the seat position alone worth the 900 bucks.

detach8;914941 said:
oh, and ya i got the abit more boring instructor. the other group had a better instructor. maybe that's why i feel bo hua.

RIGHT, ANDALLY?

our track run to "cool brakes" was damn so boring slow...

The track run instructor (not our instructor) was driving us at 140-150 around the tracks ... stepping brakes here and there and guiding us about how to be safe when driving and how to eat up corners and G force etc... I ask the track run instructor when we were back at the pit ... why you never use the stepronic gear ??

His reply ... oh this no need ...

No fun for the track run ...

jerms;915154 said:

Yo ... go with an open mind ... it is fun ... u can choose to drive there or otherwise go with coach with i feel is better than driving there...

Food not 3 star but eatable ... free drinks ... clean toilet ... got toilet paper ...

half way during excerise if need to toilet ... instructor can assist to call a slow pickup to ferry you ...

More of the things are boring stuffs but very important and not easy to grasp ...

It is a defensive driving and safety driving .... also to see how BMW cars are built for totured ...

Understeer and oversteer is fun ...

You get to seat in for reverse drifts, donuts, drifting, under instructor driving ....

but when u do understeer and oversteer, it is fun .... There would be speed limits instructed but usually we or the guys there would be 20-30% more which makes it challenging and more fun ...

thats y they say BMW are cone killer ... or 10 pin bowling ..

Mockngbrd;915195 said:
dude no way it's gonna suck. you gonna hav lots of fun. if u really picky about food, just tarpau in your samurai burger.

Calling Ninja van ...

hehe

SUPAN;915204 said:
Eat so much ... do understeer with traction off .... i think the food will vomit ...

I forgot the full turn and do half turn ... hahah ... the car kana torture by me and instructor shouting ... and the car skid to the drain side ... i think the instructor sweat too ...

Hahah ...

Yes I can vouch for that. Bro Supan seriously tried very hard to under steer into the grass and drain. Ha ha

Nice meeting you. It was great fun being co driver with you:wavey:

oh SUPAN is the eat grass one... hehe. i think you are in my group with cikgu anwar... :)

Meek;915280 said:
oh SUPAN is the eat grass one... hehe. i think you are in my group with cikgu anwar... :)

Yes Car no 1

You must be car no 2? Can't be no 3 cos u not Ang Moh and not Char Bor right?

BoneDoc;915301 said:
Yes Car no 1

You must be car no 2? Can't be no 3 cos u not Ang Moh and not Char Bor right?

i char bor lar. haha. car 2. but not the 2 fast 2 furious one... lol.

Meek;915313 said:
i char bor lar. haha. car 2. but not the 2 fast 2 furious one... lol.

Oh... Ha Ha. You are the not so MEEK char boh:D

Nice meeting you at the course. So are you going for the Intensive?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18wincharity

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back