BMW emblem fell off Keyfob: Custom sticker to replace?

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just checking with our fellow members about something seemingly trivial.

My logo dropped off my keyfob and now there's a gap on the button to lock the car.
I've searched online and the suggestions are:

1) Bring the keyfob back to authorised distributor to be replaced (under warranty).
2) Leave it alone. :p
3) Find some kind of domed/embossed sticker to fill the cavity.

I called up PML, went down, and they said after 2 years, they cannot replace the key and they also don't sell the sticker. Most of the US forums also say their dealers don't sell replacement logos.

I am thinking whether to get a customised logo done - meaning I can have any design I want. However, I'm unsure of the cost for low-quantity prints (maybe 10 pcs).

Does anyone have any idea where to get this done in low quantity and with custom dimension (10mm approximately) - also, is anyone else facing the same problem? PML said alot of owners have this issue and they recommend to just leave the key as-is.

Thanks for looking!

Re: BMW emblem fell off Keyfob: Custom sticker to replace?

Try Autobaccs at Paya Lebar. A few weeks ago I found that they sell tyre caps with stick-on logos for a number of makes, BMW is one of them. They sell in packs of 4s and not very expensive.

Not sure if the size will fit the key fob but that's an possibility. Let us know if it works.

try Sunshine plaza puny...the side nearer to Mr Bean, facing the rochor tau huey shop. that sticker shop might have.

somebody who owns a 7 series (nick: the new 7) once told me the same thing happened to him.

he brought it to PML and asked about the sticker replacement. PML replaced the key for him, twice! - it happened again later on.

the only downside was that they had to reprogramme the key, and that took a bit of time.

guess you can try this with PML. not sure whether this exclusiveness extends to non-7ers though.

Yes...my e90 has this problem where by the logo from my keyfob came off,and i went back to PML and i got the both keys change without any question..the only thing is that when the keys are in i have to drive my car down for some programing...No one tell me about if my car is 2 years old and keys cannot be change...bro..3 YEARS WARRANTY..

sszone;387610 said:
try Sunshine plaza puny...the side nearer to Mr Bean, facing the rochor tau huey shop. that sticker shop might have.
Thanks :) Will try. Last time there used to be a similiar shop at IMM, but has since shifted. Not sure if they do low quantity prints. I don't mind making more to pass around.

pengful;387606 said:
Try Autobaccs at Paya Lebar. A few weeks ago I found that they sell tyre caps with stick-on logos for a number of makes, BMW is one of them. They sell in packs of 4s and not very expensive.
Not sure if the size will fit the key fob but that's an possibility. Let us know if it works.
I saw the same tire caps online but wasn't sure of the size so I didn't order. Will drop by autobacs to check it out. keke.

jinooi;387612 said:
he brought it to PML and asked about the sticker replacement. PML replaced the key for him, twice! - it happened again later on.
guess you can try this with PML. not sure whether this exclusiveness extends to non-7ers though.
They will replace the entire key under warranty. But only for the first 2 years. The alternative it to get a spare key done ($300), but that's not worth it for an aesthetic flaw.

sszone;387617 said:
they never use 3m tape izzit....hahahaha
Hehe, surposedly glued on. Without the logo, what shows beneath is a little untidy - glue marks.

Update: I looked around my office and found some stickers used to pad the feet of internet routers. The material is matte and spongey. Looks quite ok and it fits very nicely. kekeke. I still have 7 pieces in case anyone needs it. :lol2:

cwk;387619 said:
Yes...my e90 has this problem where by the logo from my keyfob came off,and i went back to PML and i got the both keys change without any question..the only thing is that when the keys are in i have to drive my car down for some programing...No one tell me about if my car is 2 years old and keys cannot be change...bro..3 YEARS WARRANTY..
This is cool. I will check it out again. Actually, I did enquire over the phone and they told me to go down, but upon reaching, they said cannot. :screwedu:

Mockngbrd;387625 said:
ebay have anything?
Louis, don't have anything that remotely fits (most of them are large emblems), except the valvecaps, which may / may not be similiar in size.

Hi Steve,

Does your Bimshop sell metal foot pedal rest for E90?

Thanks,

sszone;387610 said:

Sunshine Plaza is the one opposite one of the NAFA campus is it?

SilkySmooth6;387633 said:
Hi Steve,

Does your Bimshop sell metal foot pedal rest for E90?

Thanks,

sorry for the OT ah....yup, my Bimshop got pedals and footrest but need to indent cos i don't keep stock for pedals

syaheerbmw;387780 said:
Sunshine Plaza is the one opposite one of the NAFA campus is it?

yup, opp NAFA...if u are crossing from NAFA...just keep on going straight until u reach the end of the building

sszone;387782 said:
yup, opp NAFA...if u are crossing from NAFA...just keep on going straight until u reach the end of the building
Ok, got it.. thanks bro!

The shop in sunshine plaza sells the Key logo itself.
But its not the OEM one, its the carbon fiber finished one.
J4C also sells it.

Renyu;387823 said:
The shop in sunshine plaza sells the Key logo itself.
But its not the OEM one, its the carbon fiber finished one.
J4C also sells it.

Renyu,
Thanks for the info. :D

the shop call SOXXI at toh guan selling the OEM 6 pieces $5

DarKy;387869 said:
the shop call SOXXI at toh guan selling the OEM 6 pieces $5
Wow.. this is pretty near my daily route. Will head there in a moment to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajabaji1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back